Coronavirus (COVID-19)

My niece died in her bed at the age of 29. Even after an autopsy, the cause of death was “undetermined”

I know her unexplained death is not isolated. I can see the thousands of non covid excess deaths being reported by the ONS, the NRS and in countries around the world. 

The virtue signallers who supported this have those deaths on their hands. They will come to realise what they’ve done over the years to come. 

The tragedy is that it will result in huge distrust of the medical profession, the pharmaceutical industry and government which will in itself cause millions more to die. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

The tragedy is that it will result in huge distrust of the medical profession, the pharmaceutical industry and government which will in itself cause millions more to die. 

Well, you're doing your best tbf.

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Part of the problem was that when the pandemic struck a good number of people lost their jobs or had them put on hold, many of them from Eastern Europe, Poles and Latvians. Many decided especially after Brexit that this was the final straw and that they would be better off heading home and working there. Now we are faced with a workforce shortage and yet the unemployment levels don't add up, they should be much higher. The Government are still trying to figure out where have all these workers have gone, vanished into thin air, they've gone. The rules are strict on those who are still here, they had to prove their immigration status regardless of how long they have lived in this country. EU membership regardless.

So you end up with hard working skilled people who have been here for over two decades having to prove themselves and if they can't they are out even if their children are born here (they can stay). All to please a small minority of voters.

If they want British jobs for British people they are going to have to invest much much more in the young people of this country, get the education system sorted for example stop messing with school exams. If not University or Collage then apprenticeships as a choice, get companies on board. Investment in people regardless of their background.

You've also got a load of experienced people in their late 50s or 60s who wondered whether they really wanted to go back to work again after being furloughed, and gave it a no.

If you want to keep things private and personal, P&B is hardly the place to post your ailments on.
Doubling down is not the best approach here.
Even the poster called you out on the fact it's got f**k all to do with you why he tested himself.

Just over two weeks ago, was at the Barrowlands for a re-scheduled Del Amitri gig. The Tuesday after the gig, started to feel ‘something coming on’. Aches down my neck into my back, started feeling like I was in for a cold. Just had the feeling though, so took a Covid test - positive. As Tuesday wore on, felt just like a normal mild cold. On the Tuesday night though, in bed, felt like I was frozen cold and shivering. Wednesday morning, felt like shite. Aching limbs, sore head, sweating. Then it got into my lungs. From the Wednesday for about four days, I genuinely had difficulty breathing. Was gasping for breath at times, coughing and wheezing. Never for one minute did I feel like I’d need hospital treatment, but it was genuinely scary - not a normal cold. On the Sunday morning, woke up about 5am drenched in sweat, absolutely soaking. Must have been my body finally getting rid. Have fully recovered since last Sunday, but in ‘week two’ of it, was still absolutely physically drained. Couldn’t walk the length of myself.

Two doors down from me, our neighbours have it. Two doors to the right, our neighbours have it. Right across the road, our neighbours have it. The figures of ‘one in twenty’ Scots must be the very, very small tip of the iceberg. 

I was glad I am not a smoker, and keep relatively fit. The ‘lungs thing’ wasn’t fun. Not at all. On the upside, Del Amitri were fcuking ace. 😀

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

image.png.60a0233194b20502987c59c64df486a6.png

I really don’t like how wearing face coverings is being pushed as a “small price to pay” for “normality”.

Wearing face coverings should never be considered normal. 

Not been in this thread for months but you can see the big risk now is the ongoing mental health issues folk have, after two years of this carry on. In Stirling this afternoon, and a guy in his mid 20’s, looked fairly fit/ physically healthy enough yet he was stoating up the road towards the shopping centre with full mask on and literally full-on “March 2020” and bouncing away from other pedestrians. 

Each to their own, maybe the fella had some vulnerable parent/ partner but after two years and knowing what we know about transmission and masks etc, I can only think this sudden resurrection of COVID in the news (for a version of a springtime flu) has caused a load of folk to suddenly think it’s back to the “end of the world”

This is the price we are seeing now, along with socially isolated people/ children struggling or reluctant to return to normal society.

12 hours ago, The Master said:

I really don’t like how wearing face coverings is being pushed as a “small price to pay” for “normality”.

Wearing face coverings should never be considered normal. 

Also this:

Leitch said that face coverings work at a population level.

Is a statement that real world data shows is simply untrue.

A fair chunk of the population are aware of this by now, so health officials really aren't doing themselves any favours by continuing to die on that particular hill.

It's worth also considering the context of this statement. This is a man who has just had Covid and is (for all intents and purposes) fine, yet has a completely different outlook to the likes of JVT. Why?

There was also a very recent BA.4/5 wave that burnt out in both South Africa and Portugal in a few weeks (as this here likely will too) yet you would be forgiven for believing that this was brand new.

Edited by Todd_is_God