Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 hours ago, Snafu said:

I wouldn't be surprised if masks and another booster/vaccination are on the cards from October through to Easter in Scotland regardless whether there is any COVID variant doing the rounds or not.

Little woried they will even try and bring back restrictions later this year. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

Best of luck to any clown government that even considers a return to pointless restrictions* at some point in future, let alone actually goes through with reintroducing them, during this latest economic crisis - the major cause of which is erm... two years of covid hysteria.

*sorry, 'protections' 🥴

I personally just can't see it for this reason, even up here. No doubt there will be some mewling and pondering in the media, perhaps even some tinkering in the countries with more of a psycho record, but it's really just not a good look anymore. It's definitely a reminder that there needs to be pushback as we enter this coming winter.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

All governments should now be in no doubt about the long term price of years of restrictions over things like covid.

Job losses.

Almost impossible to get staff back into the office again.

Endless calls for strikes.

Rampant inflation.

Interest rates starting to increase rapidly.

Hundreds of thousands now left the workplace permanently.

Countless shops closed.

Town centres decimated.

Public services on its knees as staff take almost any excuse not to get back to normal.

I said before it would take about a decade to recover from all of this and I'm more convinced by the day that I have under-estimated.

Between Brexit, over-reacting on covid and the war in Ukraine, those 3 entirely man-made problems have left us in the shit with Sturgeon and Boris in charge of fixing things. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Yup. All three are key reasons, though I believe Brexit is the most minor of them when you consider what is happening on the continent as well. Not that it makes me loathe Brexit any less. The response to covid in 2020 and 2021, to then be clobbered by the war in Ukraine in 2022, is simply a nightmare mix.

Like I said, seeing the carnage that will be ongoing in Ukraine on the tele as many folk toil to make ends meet is simply not a good look for any oddballs even considering fucking around with people's lives again, having been back to normal since around Easter time.

The Germans have already looked weak over the Ukraine crisis, but not to worry, they're contemplating making punters wear pointless masks to try and stop some old people from passing away in winter, and also to stop some younger folk from getting the sniffles. 🥴 It's like unavoidable facts of the human experience such as death from natural causes and minor illness during winter is morally unacceptable now because of ole rona! 🥴

Edited by Elixir

On 19/06/2022 at 18:11, Snafu said:

I wouldn't be surprised if masks and another booster/vaccination are on the cards from October through to Easter in Scotland regardless whether there is any COVID variant doing the rounds or not.

I know someone who works with Test and Protect and they are barely working at all at the moment but they have been told they will be full time again in Sept so this might not be far off the truth.

30 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

I know someone who works with Test and Protect and they are barely working at all at the moment but they have been told they will be full time again in Sept so this might not be far off the truth.

T&P is utterly pointless without free testing.

Both would be a colossal waste of money.

More folk in hospital with covid than this time last year and another large wave beginning.

The vaccines haven’t got us to herd immunity as we were told they would

Indeed, it looks to me like the vaccines have fucked the immune systems of the population. 

Lockdowns and vaccines have been a disaster, killing millions 

Edited by Captain Saintsible

5 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

More folk in hospital with covid than this time last year and another large wave beginning.

Indeed, it looks to me like the vaccines have fucked the immune systems of the population. 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Fairly sure there's only about eight folk in ICU across the whole of Scotland with ole covid. Absolutely risible.

Is every punter that goes into hospital still tested? Surely not? If so, this will only continue to skew the admissions figures, the vast majority of which have been incidental ever since shanicron arrived on the scene.

Herd immunity went out the window when it was obvious that there was little retained long term immunity. It was pointed out pre vaccine that it might not ever happen.
It's got nothing to do with the vaccine.

On 20/06/2022 at 19:10, FuzzyBear said:

The dismantled all the test center's at the end of may did they not? there'll probably be a bit of surveillance next winter but i can't see a return to any widespread interference in life. i also don't think the gerrys will go ahead with their winter mask rule

On 21/06/2022 at 20:09, Loonytoons said:

Herd immunity went out the window when it was obvious that there was little retained long term immunity. It was pointed out pre vaccine that it might not ever happen.
It's got nothing to do with the vaccine.

Herd immunity =/= no more spread and the virus goes away.

Herd immunity =/= no more spread and the virus goes away.
That is true but herd immunity through previous infection is not happening, just like it doesn't happen in many other viral infections.
The strong immune response to Covid is decreasing over time, a very short period of time unfortunately.
Blaming vaccinations for weakening the immune system and the resultant lack of herd immunity is tinfoil hat territory though.

Had to happen eventually I suppose, but finally succumbed to Covid. Felt fine on Wednesday, did a nightshift, woke up yesterday with my head bursting and a cough, tested negative. Stayed off last night and had a dreadful sleep, sweating bullets and aching from head to toe, tested positive this morning.