Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I've not tested positive and if I have had it it's been asymptomatic.  There is a test you can get that tells you if you have antibodies and can also tell you if the antibodies are from vaccines or infection.  But you have to pay a few hundred quid for it so I guess I'll never know.  Or care particularly.

18 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Makes me almost literally sick with anger reading stuff like that. Fucking lazy c***s on an individual level and as a society lead to these horrific and needless deaths. The sooner humanity is gone so the food chain can recover, the better. 

Covid tried and failed.

17 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Human beings are the real virus. I've never been more convinced of that.

17 hours ago, Left Back said:

Does anyone else hurt inside every time they hear Agent Smith call viruses  an organism in The Matrix. : r/mildlyinfuriating

image-132.png

Add the 'national treasure' to the bloke from the Matrix.

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Live British TV is going to be an absolute no-go zone whenever it is the Jurassic Park beardy man's brother kicks the bucket... any day now.

That's the kind of thinking that keeps the Dead Pool going every year. 

17 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I think Attenborough will outlive the Queen.

Current age wise, there's only 16 days between the two.

Eta: better if they both go in the same week, although the Attenboroughs would be raging.  Sad, but raging.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Eta: better if they both go in the same week, although the Attenboroughs would be raging.
Clearly both locked in a struggle to outlive the other knowing that the loser is going to be slowly swallowed whole then liquidised.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Eta: better if they both go in the same week, although the Attenboroughs would be raging.  Sad, but raging.

I reckon they'll both do a Betty White and go on Hogmanay, as a personal insult to @Miguel Sanchez

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:
Eta: better if they both go in the same week, although the Attenboroughs would be raging.

Clearly both locked in a struggle to outlive the other knowing that the loser is going to be slowly swallowed whole then liquidised.

I just read that back to myself in Attenborough's voice.

That pre-pandemic travel feeling really is fucking sensational, lads. You simply love to see it. PowttJS.gif

Alas, this thread is an astounding and tragic goldmine in equal measure:

heh.png

Hell of a review for his last but one album.

This tinfoil millinery is interspersed with a variety of more predictable and even more enervating rants. These precisely replicate the experience of going back to your parents’ for lunch and discovering that – oh Christ – they’ve also invited Brian, their embittered old bore of a neighbour, who, as usual, has a couple of drinks and starts holding forth over the chicken chasseur. Social media is for idiots and anyone on it should get a life (Why Are You on Facebook?); modern music is awful and it’s all made on computers (Where Have All the Rebels Gone?); most of these so-called doctors don’t know what they’re talking about (Psychoanalysts’ Ball); say what you like about him, but Nigel Farage is a man of his word (Double Bind). Your parents have invited Brian because he’s been on his own since the divorce, and, with a crushing inevitability, you hear a lot about that as well: the iniquities of the legal process (The Long Con), and the injustice of handing over money to an ex-wife “too lazy to work” (No Good Deed Goes Unpunished). It seems a miracle there aren’t songs called These New Speed Bumps Outside the Primary School Are a Disgrace, The People I Got In to Do My Patio Were a Couple of Bloody Cowboys, and Have You Seen The Repair Shop? It’s the Only Thing Worth Watching These Days.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/may/06/van-morrison-new-record-project-volume-one-review

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He’s never quite replicated the sheer beauty of Astral Weeks or Veedon Fleece but there has been some good stuff along the way.

His live concerts are excellent.