Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I mean, considering the WHO at least never advocated for utter nonsense like border closures, any talk of this 'pandemic treaty' will obviously ensure that never happens again...

Right?

On 16/05/2022 at 17:36, Snafu said:

Looks like Chinese officials will be claiming victory in Shanghai with their zero Covid policy now that 15 of the 16 districts there have achieved target.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-61023811

A government Zero Covid policy would never happen here not without permission from Parliament.

Can we place bets on when the next community case is uncovered and folk end up like this for the umpteenth time:

ET7-0eEWkAM4X64.jpg

'Social dynamic zero-Covid'. 🥴

On 16/05/2022 at 15:13, Snafu said:

Hold on a second, so we have completely dropped the compulsory wearing of masks here in Scotland while many countries in Europe like Spain still insist on said wearing of these face muzzles while traveling? Are we not meant to be the most mask staunch in Europe, while around 12 countries are still stuck in early 2021?

Weren't we here in Scotland meant to be the last if not the last to to drop any kind of restriction like wearing these minging snotter and saliva filled pieces of cotton  from the deadly onslaught of a wee bought of sniffles?

What went wrong, why were we more correct than them?

We have freedoms Greece, Spain and Italy don't have. Should we be demanding they bin them just because we think we have the right to look like a baboons arse for a few days in July simply because we are British. Since when did we start telling other countries what to do for our own benefit stupidity?

Maybe we should have waited until everyone else stopped wearing masks for the LOLs out of EU sympathy, unity and defiance against Westminter. We do have an angry band of people in Scotland who threw themselves under their beds (with their mobile phones) on the 18th April in terror, think of their feels. Or maybe not.

I'm staying in Scotland this summer and spending my money in Scotland this summer to help keep the nasty recession at bay.

What is your excuse?

Stay off the ching mate 

I'd imagine that as a still somewhat active healthcare professional he might have tested as a requirement for entering a clinical setting of some sort, in line with a large number of other people in the country who are still testing for their jobs.

The the WHO treaty, the U.K. already had a pandemic plan before covid.

It called for no border closures and stated that attempting to halt the spread was pointless. It stated that life should go on as normal.

This was all thrown in the bin under pressure from the middle class left who attempted to protect themselves at the expense of the working class and the vulnerable. 

Edited by Captain Saintsible

Sturgeon has tested positive - https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/20/scotland-nicola-sturgeon-tests-positive-for-covid-19-and-is-isolating-16683898/

I was actually at an event on Thursday afternoon where she was the keynote speaker. Safe to say I saw no evidence during the time she was there that she wore a mask, the same as everyone else at the event which was great.

Hopefully now that NS knows what it feels like to have a wee cold she'll take some time to have a wee look at herself in the mirror and consider how OTT her actions have been over the last 2 years.

38 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Does she get access to free testing still or is she paying for her own tests?

Looking at the list of who is eligible for testing:

We can probably strike off the first one and the last two, but the other three are very possible given that Sturgeon’s personal medical profile and that of her loved ones is a completely private matter. More likely though is that she has just bought a box of lateral flows to use if she happened to feel unwell and that’s exactly what’s happened here. 

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Hopefully now that NS knows what it feels like to have a wee cold she'll take some time to have a wee look at herself in the mirror and consider how OTT her actions have been over the last 2 years.

She's well aware it's a wee cold for most folk though. Thinking this will change anything in her mantra is optimistic. 

1 hour ago, Left Back said:

Does she get access to free testing still or is she paying for her own tests?

I’d imagine with her going to clinical settings and travelling abroad she’ll be testing non stop like we’ve been told to for 2 years.

I tested positive yesterday for the first time. Certainly more than a wee cold - felt awful last night and really struggled to sleep (too hot all the time) Was due to go to my works annual conference - first since 2019 - on Monday and was really looking forward to seeing colleagues for the first time in ages but that obviously wont be happening now