Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'll stop posting "stuff like this" when stupid people explain to me exactly how the Government since 2010 has, in any way whatsoever, introduced any policy - any policy at all - which has made their life, or their families', or those of any working person, better. Or, any policy which has increased the country's standing or reputation internationally. Or any policy which has ensured the security of the country as a whole. Y'know, kind of the basics you'd like to think any half-competent politician would be able to have a stab at.

In your own time - I'll wait.

I don't gain anything from viewing people this way - watching society devolve in front of my eyes makes me sad and despairing for my childrens' future.

oh, btw,  *"fúck all"

The good news is, you have the chance to change this with your vote today.

Are there less Rangers fans in Scotland now than there were pre-2011, when the SNP really began their move to the dominant party in Scotland?  Are the areas of the country with the biggest Tory votes (the borders and rural North and north East) hotbeds of Rangers fans compared to the areas where Tory vote is lowest (Glasgow, Central Scotland and the Lothians)?

People can massively overstate the importance in general of things that are important to them.  

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'll stop posting "stuff like this" when stupid people explain to me exactly how the Government since 2010 has, in any way whatsoever, introduced any policy - any policy at all - which has made their life, or their families', or those of any working person, better. Or, any policy which has increased the country's standing or reputation internationally. Or any policy which has ensured the security of the country as a whole. Y'know, kind of the basics you'd like to think any half-competent politician would be able to have a stab at.

I don't gain anything from viewing people this way - watching society devolve in front of my eyes makes me sad and despairing for my childrens' future.

oh, btw,  *"fúck all"

ETA: UK Government - I'm aware that some initiatives have originated from Holyrood.

I know a few gay couples that got married. 

That is all.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I know a few gay couples that got married. 

That is all.

Fair play. (i kinda knew there would be something).

Not a great return for 12 years, mind.

*awaits tsunami of progressive change implemented by WM*

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Fair play. (i kinda knew there would be something).

Not a great return for 12 years, mind.

*awaits tsunami of progressive change implemented by WM*

And they saved is from various coalitions of chaos...

DBOMBZAXUAA6u_5.jpg

_80583603_torytweet.png

lab-640x360.jpg

35074508156_4c994e18e0_o.jpg

jeremy-corbyn-chaingun.jpg

39 minutes ago, virginton said:

The personal tax allowance effectively doubled between 2010 and 2021, which took the (very) lowest paid out of the income tax system entirely. 

Yep, all those poor folk are so much better off, what with this altruistic action and the increase in in-work benefits. An obvious contributor to the almost complete eradication of food-banks. To quote the recent tory buzz-word, we have to look at financial policy "in the round".

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You can add a substantial increase to the new state pension too. It's still too low but it's gone up from about £139 per week to £180 per week.

Then you can add the triple lock stuff (although suspended last year).

So that's 3 things straight off the bat Whitey and it took less than 2 hours of you waiting.

Then there's some minor things like the major success of London 2012 and Euro 2020 which they were party to.

If you value the Union, they also prevented the break up of the UK in 2014.

They then pulled us out of Afghanistan - a country, like Iraq, we had absolutely no business being in - remind me who took us in there?

Then there was the completion of the cross-rail link across London. I'm sure you don't care about that but for many in that area, it's a game changer.

I'm pretty sure they raised the limit for ISAs to £20k now.

And I could have sworn that they allowed people to take their entire pension in one chunk rather than being forced to buy an annuity.

I'm not about to defend ANY political party but for you to sit there claiming they've done "f**k all for anyone" is just childish pish.

If you're going to attack people like the Tories (and you are VERY welcome to do so), at least know what the hell you are talking about first.

^^ Big team found

FFS. You asked for a single benefit.
He gave you one.
And you can't find it within you to accept it without an "aye but..."
Literally NOBODY is on here defending food banks. Not a single poster.

Utterly mental when someone comes up with a valid counter argument on this thread and gets slaughtered for it.

28 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

To quote the recent tory buzz-word, we have to look at financial policy "in the round".

Erm no we don't, because what you actually demanded was this:

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

explain to me exactly how the Government since 2010 has, in any way whatsoever, introduced any policy - any policy at all - which has made their life, or their families', or those of any working person, better.

A policy, any policy - singular. Multiple such policies have now been pointed out, and so you have tried to shift the goalposts. And you are failing spectacularly.

Perhaps if you stopped being a braying fuckwit rehashing the Dave Spart column for attention, this wouldn't keep happening to you. But here we are. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

oh, btw,  *"fúck all"

ETA: UK Government - I'm aware that some initiatives have originated from Holyrood.

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You can add a substantial increase to the new state pension too. It's still too low but it's gone up from about £139 per week to £180 per week. Yeah, that's a massive help. The latest rise is, unfortunately, below inflation. Raw numbers don't tell the whole story, do they, as evidenced by you next point.

Then you can add the triple lock stuff (although suspended last year). ..and, if you don't mind, I'll add the failure to replace ADI, which could be £70 a week lost from some pensioners. As I've posted earlier, let's look at things in the round.

So that's 3 things straight off the bat Whitey and it took less than 2 hours of you waiting. here's a wee rebuttal sfter a few minutes.

Then there's some minor things like the major success of London 2012 and Euro 2020 which they were party to. Really? Ignoring the fact that the Olympic bid was under a (pseudo) Labour  government, have you ever heard the phrase "bread and circuses?

If you value the Union, they also prevented the break up of the UK in 2014. Which has benefitted you, yours or the country how?

They then pulled us out of Afghanistan - a country, like Iraq, we had absolutely no business being in - remind me who took us in there? They scurried out of Afghanistan on the Yanks' coat-tails - the same way as they went there in the first place.

Then there was the completion of the cross-rail link across London. I'm sure you don't care about that but for many in that area, it's a game changer.  Four years late and massively over-budget, it is going to "start opening" in a few weeks time. Let's see how the operation operates before you claim that as a win, eh?

I'm pretty sure they raised the limit for ISAs to £20k now. Congratulations if you've got a spare 20k kicking around.

And I could have sworn that they allowed people to take their entire pension in one chunk rather than being forced to buy an annuity. How, exactly, is that a benefit?

I'm not about to defend ANY political party but for you to sit there claiming they've done "f**k all for anyone" is just childish pish. Absolutely none of what you've listed has made the slightest difference to me, my family, or anyone I know.* Many of the policies they have introduced absolutely have - and all in a negative way. From reducing one daughter's diability allowance to trebling another's tuition fees, they have year on year narrowed the possibility of advancement.

If you're going to attack people like the Tories (and you are VERY welcome to do so), at least know what the hell you are talking about first.

I was really asking you what you gain by living in perpetual rage. None of my business of course but it seems a pretty shitty way to live the few years of life we all get. We'll all be dead soon enough and none of this will matter anyway. Our kids will be just fine as long as we've equipped them with the tools to look after themselves. We have a moral imperative to leave the world a better place for future generations. Our generation has signally failed to do so and, unlike yourself, I actually care about this.

*Embarrassed to have forgotten the same-sex marriage legislation raised by ScottsDad, although, tbf, my sister and her partner never took advantage of the opportunity.

28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

FFS. You asked for a single benefit.

He gave you one.

And you can't find it within you to accept it without an "aye but..."

Literally NOBODY is on here defending food banks. Not a single poster.

Literally no-one is saying anyone is defending food-banks. Not a single poster.

It simply is not possible to isolate one wee facet of financial policy without considering all the other policies which affect the end result. The Sage of Inverclyde again posts simplistic pish as if carved in tablets of stone.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Largs is in North Ayrshire.

I thought his basement was in Greenock. I stand corrected. I have also shortened the list of possibilities for post-retirement re-location by one Largs.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

53 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Literally no-one is saying anyone is defending food-banks. Not a single poster.

It simply is not possible to isolate one wee facet of financial policy without considering all the other policies which affect the end result. The Sage of Inverclyde again posts simplistic pish as if carved in tablets of stone.

Except that you asked for a single, isolated policy that improved the lives of working people since 2010.

It's really not anyone else's fault that you made a roaring c**t of it, yet again. I'd stop digging if I were you. 

12 minutes ago, virginton said:

Except that you asked for a single, isolated policy that improved the lives of working people since 2010.

It's really not anyone else's fault that you made a roaring c**t of it, yet again. I'd stop digging if I were you. 

The rise in personal allowance is only a part of a more involved policy of taxation. One which has unarguably left the vast majority of this country's people worse off than they were in 2010. In many cases (very often those on benefits and public servants) in raw numbers, let alone adjusted for inlflation.

But hey, you've won the Internet (virginton head (interior) division) yet again. Well done you.

Still, at least you're taking it well. 

What is this 'more involved policy of taxation' incidentally - other than a word salad that you've assembled to try and cover your utter fail?