Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

So basically, masks don't stop you getting Covid.  Cheers, Joe.

A friend of my parents went to Paris for a city break a couple of weeks ago. She had had cancer in 2020 and has been zealous about covid - wiping down door handles, double masking, distancing and so on. 

When she got back from Paris she tested positive. She can't understand how as she took every precaution there is (double masked outdoors for instance). Just makes the point of how effective masks are, really. 

Mask wearing at about 50% of the clientele in Tesco Cumbernauld I’d say, and only about 10% at Braehead earlier today. Has anyone on here mentioned the story about the gift shop in Portpatrick who have said they are insisting on facemasks being worn in their shop, otherwise they’ll ask customers to put one on or leave?

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Mask wearing at about 50% of the clientele in Tesco Cumbernauld I’d say, and only about 10% at Braehead earlier today. Has anyone on here mentioned the story about the gift shop in Portpatrick who have said they are insisting on facemasks being worn in their shop, otherwise they’ll ask customers to put one on or leave?

Sounds like a recipe for bankruptcy!

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I wonder if there's any particular reason they want to turn away income.  Very weird given I'm sure she has bills to pay like most business owners.

Just now, TheScarf said:

I wonder if there's any particular reason they want to turn away income.  Very weird given I'm sure she has bills to pay like most business owners.

Seemingly on Facebook, most of the comments to their statement were along the lines of ‘well done, thanks for keeping us safe’. Now, I’m no expert on retail patterns, but my gut tells me a gift shop in Portpatrick survives on tourists coming into their shop from about May to October, and not locals applauding them for keeping the community safe. Cannot imagine enough locals go there and buy enough Yankee candles or Portpatrick branded tat to keep them in business. As you say, an interesting business strategy following what must have been two years of tough trading. 

48 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

what about the aqua fit classes in bannatynes? none of the falkirk ladies of a certain age had anything on in the steamroom with me the other day, absolute middens the lot of them!

SQA have basically left the door wide open for Examination Exceptional Circumstances Consideration Service (EECCS) this year - no evidence is required to be given for exam Covid absences.

I imagine this is going to be abused in some cases where a pupil has a high estimate and won't bother sitting the exam saying they've got a "temparature".

https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/79042.html

18 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

SQA have basically left the door wide open for Examination Exceptional Circumstances Consideration Service (EECCS) this year - no evidence is required to be given for exam Covid absences.

I imagine this is going to be abused in some cases where a pupil has a high estimate and won't bother sitting the exam saying they've got a "temparature".

https://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/79042.html

Can't blame them either, having seen their peers handed out good grades like sweeties over the last 2 years.

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

There's going to be a tremendous amount of revisionism and tweets being deleted in the near future I feel.

This from the 'progressives' less than 12 months ago:

eMlO2Ay.png

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

It’s good to see more and more desperate trawling of Twitter in an attempt to keep this thread relevant.

Great work guys - keep it up!

Yet you're still here. 🥴

The Simps hate the fact that their diddy government has been held accountable and shown up for what it really is.

21 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Yet you're still here. 🥴

The Simps hate the fact that their diddy government has been held accountable and shown up for what it really is.

Quoting zoomers from Quebec on Twitter is really holding the Scottish Governments feet to the fire!  Keep on trucking mate!

26 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

Quoting zoomers from Quebec on Twitter is really holding the Scottish Governments feet to the fire!  Keep on trucking mate!

Yes, because that is really what just happened. 🥴

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Smugglers Cove Gift Shop, Portpatrick | Facebook

It's their choice as it's their business but they had better hope they can pay their rent and bill in used face masks because they might struggle otherwise.

Virtue signalling has it's price.

Businesses are free to do what they like but I can't help but feel these folk are missing the fact that they, as an elderly and vulnerable person, have most likely avoided contact with the virus through their own actions (avoiding social contact/increased cleaning) and that is their most effective means of protection, coupled with continued vaccines, going forward. Other folk wearing masks during a 3 minute interaction has very little effect.