Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Been looking back at the early pages on this thread, when Covid was just a bairn.

When was the moment you first thought this gonna be a life changing event?

And who originally thought this would amount to nothing?

4 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Been looking back at the early pages on this thread, when Covid was just a bairn.

I first thought it would never reach here. Only when It came to Europe I thought we would see some cases. I thought it still would be over in a few weeks or a month of so. In the summer of 2020 I thought that would be end of it but of course lockdown no 2 was coming.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Was involved in a family feud yesterday after my partner's aunt, who has gone OTT on Covid avoidance, refused to sit at the same table as me whilst out for  lunch yesterday when she was told I'd recovered from Covid last week. 

She was told that I still had a bit of a remnant cough, but that I first had symptoms 15 (yes, fifteen) days beforehand with negative LFT that morning and the day before.  She wasn't having it and delivered the "it's him or me" line.  General consensus was along the lines of "don't let the door hit your arse on the way out" (I paraphrase).

Maybe they'll invite you to another lunch.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It is.

You must be incredibly grateful for it.

Human rights abuse and crushing authoritarianism not your thing, nah?

You're just so above it all!

2 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

I was focused on my Mum as she passed away from cancer in February 20 but I was aware of the virus creeping into Europe. The sights in early Marchfrom Italy were horrific and like something from a sci-fi movie. I thought we’d get “a touch of it” and we actually booked a holiday to Croatia on March 13th, for a July trip. I thought it would be done by June if I’m being honest.

3 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

Originally I thought it would amount to nothing.  Another damp squib like MERS.  I was happily cutting about Rome at the rugby while the North of Italy was in meltdown.  Was on my way to Cardiff when the game down there got cancelled which was the first time I paid the slightest attention to it:

It got serious for me when fat boy started doing his daily press conferences and told everyone to stay at home.

Still never imagined at that time my summer holiday would get binned though, let alone the next summer as well.

5 hours ago, D.V.T. said:

I see that post #13 was discussing the effectiveness of masks.

One would imagine that would have been sorted out at some point over the following 7228 pages.

17 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

This boy needs help

People like him amuse me. The conclusion they reach is never that all the theatre might just be ineffective; imstead always searching for an example of where they broke the act for a couple of seconds to explain how they could possibly have tested positive.

Complete and utter denial of anything they simply do not want to entertain as being reality.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

People like him amuse me. The conclusion they reach is never that all the theatre might just be ineffective; imstead always searching for an example of where they broke the act for a couple of seconds to explain how they could possibly have tested positive.

Complete and utter denial of anything they simply do not want to entertain as being reality.

You're not wrong, but the bigger issue still is why he's feeling the need to have a colossal meltdown over the fact he has contracted a bog standard respiratory virus.

1 hour ago, D.V.T. said:

This boy needs help

Absolutely nothing wrong with him as well. 🥴

Speaking of needing help:

We better watch with poking too much fun at the Covid weirdos, though. It's not approved by certain members of the board... 😢

27 minutes ago, Elixir said:

You don't say! Will the lockdown loving left ever apologise, though? After all, they were its biggest cheerleaders and wanted us to go further and harder!

There's going to be a tremendous amount of revisionism and tweets being deleted in the near future I feel.

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

the bigger issue still is why he's feeling the need to have a colossal meltdown over the fact he has contracted a bog standard respiratory virus.

Because he's a melt.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

You don't say! Will the lockdown loving left ever apologise, though? After all, they were its biggest cheerleaders and wanted us to go further and harder!

Would be good if everything from masks to stay at home orders was reviewed with regards to what worked in order for any future pandemics to be managed in a proportionate way.