Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 hours ago, TheScarf said:

21 hours since the last post on this thread and it drops to page 2. My word.

Yep. The thread's still worthwhile for cataloguing any remaining insanity, mind.

13 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

image.png.0a742c22208e51b6ff39565e047476a9.png

A bit like her 'on for the cameras, off in private' photoshoot at her book signing the other day. Like Nicola, clearly she can't be arsed with the guidance and 'strong advice' anymore either, let alone back in October. Control freaks like these are always found out - it's inevitable.

@oaksoftpossibly nailed it on the head the other week, regards virtue signalling middle classes probably clinging on to wearing masks. I was in Waitrose yesterday and probably 60-70% masks, including outside in the car park and the garden/ plants section outside the shop. Funnily enough only one or two staff had masks on. Everywhere else I was this week, including Glasgow airport and on a BA flight to Heathrow has seen masks scarcely seen, including the BA crew on both trips, which surprised me as I thought the airlines might cling on a while. 

18 minutes ago, deegee said:

@oaksoftpossibly nailed it on the head the other week, regards virtue signalling middle classes probably clinging on to wearing masks. I was in Waitrose yesterday and probably 60-70% masks, including outside in the car park and the garden/ plants section outside the shop. Funnily enough only one or two staff had masks on. Everywhere else I was this week, including Glasgow airport and on a BA flight to Heathrow has seen masks scarcely seen, including the BA crew on both trips, which surprised me as I thought the airlines might cling on a while. 

Came into Edinburgh from Heathrow last night and about 25% of passengers were wearing masks.  Still evident in Tesco this morning as well.

7 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Looking at her fizzer in the photo she’s doing the world a favour.

Those specs are going to steam up pretty quickly,  she hasn't thought it through. 

What's going on in Shanghai is fucking mental. Yet incredibly, many of the public health freaks (Diet SAGE) have praised China from the get go. Vile.

Edited by Elixir

5 hours ago, deegee said:

Most airlines have binned them off now, I believe. Certainly if the destination country has got rid of their mandate, which is most of Europe and the US now.

Was involved in a family feud yesterday after my partner's aunt, who has gone OTT on Covid avoidance, refused to sit at the same table as me whilst out for  lunch yesterday when she was told I'd recovered from Covid last week. 

She was told that I still had a bit of a remnant cough, but that I first had symptoms 15 (yes, fifteen) days beforehand with negative LFT that morning and the day before.  She wasn't having it and delivered the "it's him or me" line.  General consensus was along the lines of "don't let the door hit your arse on the way out" (I paraphrase).