Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I just thought it was interesting to see how people reacted to the removal of laws. I would bet that a significant number of people still wearing masks didn’t know that they didn’t have to.

Anyway, I’m in the eye hospital today and 100% mask compliance. Will keep everyone up to date as day proceeds.

I got a text from my GP this morning saying that masks are still required in healthcare settings.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Given the Scottish Government's weird obsession with masks it's quite amusing that they just let this date pass without having done any kind of announcement, as far as I can see it doesn't feature at all in todays Holyrood session. 

53 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Are you surprised? They were almost forced to do so by virtue of pretty much everyone else getting rid of them, and even then still managed to stomp their feet about it until the last minute.

NS will be delighted that she's managed to avoid being on record standing at the podium or in parliament saying they are now no longer mandatory.

Yep. They will be just fine with this going somewhat under the radar so that they attract less scorn from the pant pissers. Probably hoping some folk simply don't realise as well.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I stopped wearing masks about 3 weeks ago. I think I was only asked on one occasion if I had one.

Was at Edinburgh airport a couple of weeks ago and I was basically the only person not wearing a mask. Today I was back and there was a significant difference. Probably 75% maskless.

I dropped off my nephew at Inverness airport on Sunday and nipped inside to check his flight was on schedule. Both of us forgot about a masks and a worried looking lady ran up to us with free masks seconds after we went inside.:lol:

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Worse today, was a struggle to get out of bed tbh. Thank f**k for the vaccines if this is how you feel after 3 of them.

Aye, at least you're triple jabbed. It can still be pretty horrendous. Hope you are on the mend shortly. My lot seemed to have it mild when they got it and I managed to dodge it.

Right, that's me off to visit a range of retail outlets and entertainment venues.  I'll be moving between them by various modes of public transport.

I'll be armed with a clipboard and staring intently at strangers.  I'm keen to get a sense of whether people are behaving weirdly.

On 03/04/2022 at 23:59, Elixir said:

This thread can die if the Scottish Government finally present clean, non-shat bed sheets on the 18th. After that, let's just hope it stays dead. Until then, keep on simping.

When you think a thread should die if the mask mandate is dropped on the 18th April.....

1283004409_Screenshot_20220419-165734_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1e2b0a51206a7ca9ccbbcfa3c4e58e1a.jpg

...but there are still freaks and Simps on the internet to be furious at!

3 hours ago, Elixir said:

Also, the utter psychos who hang about the BNO Covid tweets like a fly around shite are absolutely incandescent at this development. So, so pleasing. PowttJS.gif

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What laughable rubbish.

You really do inhabit a very different world from that which most people live in.

Great to see the overdue back of masks, but the stuff on here, the running totals of percentages in various shops, is utterly demented.

My preferred working environment, as someone that lives on my own and hates WFH, has been completely obliterated. I'm going to America next month with friends of 25 years from working in a Glasgow office (and I haven't worked with them since 2002). Forming friendships/relationships at work that last that length of time or even at all has now become much harder.

12 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

My preferred working environment, as someone that lives on my own and hates WFH, has been completely obliterated. I'm going to America next month with friends of 25 years from working in a Glasgow office (and I haven't worked with them since 2002). Forming friendships/relationships at work that last that length of time or even at all has now become much harder.

Did you mean to reply to me with that?

I agree with what you're saying, but don't see the direct relevance to my post.

1 hour ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

When you think a thread should die if the mask mandate is dropped on the 18th April.....

1283004409_Screenshot_20220419-165734_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1e2b0a51206a7ca9ccbbcfa3c4e58e1a.jpg

...but there are still freaks and Simps on the internet to be furious at!

Well, clearly you're unbothered! Terrific stuff!

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Did you mean to reply to me with that?

I agree with what you're saying, but don't see the direct relevance to my post.

Sorry it was more if you disagreed with oaksoft's comment about the working environment changing. I'm not working at the moment as was made redundant last year, was hoping office culture would have returned by now but so far it seems like most places are doing three days in the office at most, along with "hotdesking" which I'm not a fan of either. Ever since March 2020 I've badly missed the office chat and laughs.

The idea of starting a new job fully WFH cracks me up. I don't have a "home", just a shitey wee flat where I keep my stuff and sleep!

3 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Sorry it was more if you disagreed with oaksoft's comment about the working environment changing. I'm not working at the moment as was made redundant last year, was hoping office culture would have returned by now but so far it seems like most places are doing three days in the office at most, along with "hotdesking" which I'm not a fan of either. Ever since March 2020 I've badly missed the office chat and laughs.

The idea of starting a new job fully WFH cracks me up. I don't have a "home", just a shitey wee flat where I keep my stuff and sleep!

I'm certainly no fan of WFH as a permanent enforced picture for anyone.  In fact, I sought permission to go in each day when the lockdowns were each at their peaks.  

The Oaksoft post I scoffed at concerned masks.  

3 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, at least you're triple jabbed. It can still be pretty horrendous. Hope you are on the mend shortly. My lot seemed to have it mild when they got it and I managed to dodge it.

I feel not bad but my wife has also tested positive today and is floored by it.

Our 5 year old grand daughter was sent home from school today as she is ill but so far she is negative. 

The wee man is just running about wondering why everyone is ill and he is OK.

1 hour ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

On the office culture point, I don’t think working from home 5 days a week every week is a long term solution for that many industries because I do think getting together and collaborating face to face is important but at the same time, I also think working in offices 5 days a week is already a thing of the past.

2/3 days hybrid working is great for the following reasons:

- That office culture you talk about can still exist. A couple of days a week is easily enough to form those meaningful friendships especially since you’re more likely to make an effort to eat lunch with colleagues or grab a beer with them after work if it’s the only time you’re seeing them all week.

- Having days where everyone is in the office can largely negate the need for zoom calls, which we can all agree are fucking horrific.

- WFH days are great for no commute, school run etc, but are also more productive than being in the office a lot of the time. If you don’t have any meetings and you’ve got a solo piece of work that requires you to just get your head down and get on with it, that’s what WFH days should be for.

I expect that most office workers will be working from home 2-4 times a week going forward and in the office 1-3 days a week. 

On 18/04/2022 at 18:41, Rugster said:

You really do just continue to accentuate your status as a rapy weirdo. 

What by asking if the teacher behind the mask was hot? How do you get by in life taking everything so serious, you must have some crippling problems in life going on as well as being a virtue signalling fud.

Just now, red23 said:

What by asking if the teacher behind the mask was hot? How do you get by in life taking everything so serious, you must have some crippling problems in life going on as well as being a virtue signalling fud.

How do you know the teacher was a female?

On 18/04/2022 at 18:41, oaksoft said:

Honestly, you have a problem.

Seek help.

ETA. Actually you have two problems. The first, and least important, is that you have a group of friends who are telling you that you are funny.

imagine getting so upset over that, never met someone and thought ah shes quite hot? or you too much of a white knight for that?