Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Also it finally caught up with me yesterday. Feeling fairly rotten this morning I must say.

You feeling any better?

I've managed to dodge it thus far (to my knowledge anyway).

Oh I think it's very clearly the case that the vast majority of people have only worn them because it was mandated.
I think most people wore them because they were told the were effective.

Most people ignored the one hour exercise rule because they knew the risk was next to nil catching covid if they actually went for a two hour wander or a couple of outdoor rambles a day.

6 hours ago, Gnash said:

Also saw someone riding a bike, on their own, on a quiet street, masked up, but without a helmet.

That cyclist was clearly someone who doesn't understand risks. Always wear a helmet.🤯

17 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Make no mistake though. This nonsense has caused splits within families, friendship groups and working environments. The damage done there might take some time to heal.

What laughable rubbish.

You really do inhabit a very different world from that which most people live in.

Great to see the overdue back of masks, but the stuff on here, the running totals of percentages in various shops, is utterly demented.

I was out yesterday with the missus, some folk wearing masks, the vast majority weren't. I really couldn't give a shit if folk still want to wear a mask, it makes absolutely no difference to me if they do or don't.

If it makes them more comfortable to be out and about in shops etc with a mask on, then that's entirely up to them, they shouldn't be the subject of derision because of it.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I was out yesterday with the missus, some folk wearing masks, the vast majority weren't. I really couldn't give a shit if folk still want to wear a mask, it makes absolutely no difference to me if they do or don't.

If it makes them more comfortable to be out and about in shops etc with a mask on, then that's entirely up to them, they shouldn't be the subject of derision because of it.

Absolutely agree.

The pandemic has shown two really tragic groups of people. The kind that were photographing strangers on trains and buses without face coverings on and grassing them up to Scotrail, Stagecoach, Lothian Buses etc. Now it's seemingly swung the other way and we've got the kind of folk who are looking down at others for continuing to wear face coverings when, ultimately, it's freedom of choice now.

48 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I am confused if I need to self isolate or not,I called my work and they said if I am feeling OK I can come into work as the rules had changed.

A quick Google says that the self isolation rules in Scotland are not a legal requirement.

Pretty annoyed that I didn't realise this sooner having been cooped up for a week (albeit with a sunny garden).  Yesterday I could have been out for a wander through/up the neighbouring woods/hill etc where I very rarely see anyone else, and could easily avoid them if I had.  Walking distance from my front door.

That said, you can just imagine the absolute meltdown if the govt advertised the thumbs up for teuchters to go out for some exercise, but told tenement-dwellers to stay at home 24/7.

Edited by Hedgecutter

What laughable rubbish.
You really do inhabit a very different world from that which most people live in.

Great to see the overdue back of masks, but the stuff on here, the running totals of percentages in various shops, is utterly demented.
The biggest split in families I've found is nothing to do with masks but arguments over vaccination, testing and self-isolating.

13 hours ago, bennett said:

Will shops be getting rid of those clear plastic screens now?

13 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yeah the legal requirement to keep them had already gone, so anywhere still using them was doing so through choice.

Some places will think they actually stop people from getting sick and save lives, so will leave them in. Same with the social distancing stickers/graffiti and over the top hand sanitising stations. Hideous visual reminders of where we were, not where we are now.

I just thought it was interesting to see how people reacted to the removal of laws. I would bet that a significant number of people still wearing masks didn’t know that they didn’t have to.

Anyway, I’m in the eye hospital today and 100% mask compliance. Will keep everyone up to date as day proceeds.

I just thought it was interesting to see how people reacted to the removal of laws. I would bet that a significant number of people still wearing masks didn’t know that they didn’t have to.
Anyway, I’m in the eye hospital today and 100% mask compliance. Will keep everyone up to date as day proceeds.

Think hospitals and health centres will keep them long term. Can’t see infection control dropping them.

Didn't notice any difference in mask wearing in Inverness shops yesterday. Either people haven't heard about the change which is possible, there's been little publicity, or they don't react differently between a legal requirement and advice. I'd imagine it will drop off fairly quickly over the next weeks as people see fewer and fewer other people wearing them.

Given the Scottish Government's weird obsession with masks it's quite amusing that they just let this date pass without having done any kind of announcement, as far as I can see it doesn't feature at all in todays Holyrood session. 

I stopped wearing masks about 3 weeks ago. I think I was only asked on one occasion if I had one.

Was at Edinburgh airport a couple of weeks ago and I was basically the only person not wearing a mask. Today I was back and there was a significant difference. Probably 75% maskless.

33 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Given the Scottish Government's weird obsession with masks it's quite amusing that they just let this date pass without having done any kind of announcement, as far as I can see it doesn't feature at all in todays Holyrood session. 

Are you surprised? They were almost forced to do so by virtue of pretty much everyone else getting rid of them, and even then still managed to stomp their feet about it until the last minute.

NS will be delighted that she's managed to avoid being on record standing at the podium or in parliament saying they are now no longer mandatory.