Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Tories are being dicks here.

No fan of Leitch but I don't think he has much option but to answer the question he was asked at the end of his interview. His response was:

"I haven't spoken to the First Minister today, I imagine I'll speak to her later.

My understanding is it was a matter of seconds. She realises the place is crowded, puts her face mask on. Which is actually whaf we're asking people to do.

The guidance is if you are in a crowded area inadvertently or deliberately then out a face covering on and that will protect you and others."

People might not like that response but it is within the spirit of the guidance, however misplaced that guidance actually is.

And let's be blunt - this isn't about Sturgeon wearing a mask but about deflective false equivalence whataboutery by the Tories.

24 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Tories are being dicks here.

No fan of Leitch but I don't think he has much option but to answer the question he was asked at the end of his interview. His response was:

"I haven't spoken to the First Minister today, I imagine I'll speak to her later.

My understanding is it was a matter of seconds. She realises the place is crowded, puts her face mask on. Which is actually whaf we're asking people to do.

The guidance is if you are in a crowded area inadvertently or deliberately then out a face covering on and that will protect you and others."

People might not like that response but it is within the spirit of the guidance, however misplaced that guidance actually is.

And let's be blunt - this isn't about Sturgeon wearing a mask but about deflective false equivalence whataboutery by the Tories.

Yes the Tories are being dicks, but NS can't complain as she never hesitates to be critical of them when they make an arse of it.

As for Leitch's latest clanger:

That's the guidance now, it isn't what the law was on Saturday.

Having not spoken to NS prior to being asked the question, he shouldn't have answered it.

That he not only did, but, wihout the full story defended her anyway, speaks volumes about his impartiality.

37 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:
43 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:
Just back from our weekly trip to Morrison’s.
Bit disappointed to see around 70% still masking although last week it was about 90% .

Why are you disappointed? It's now about free choice rather than law.

Of course it is and you are correct.

However, I was hoping to see a few more faces as I’m a friendly type but, as you say, it’s free choice.

I have been out and about all day. The mask wearing percentages were as follows:

Nursery drop off - no masks now, previously 100% for parents dropping off and staff picking up.

Gym - 0%, same as pre mandate dropping.

Starbucks - Probabky around 80% were wearing masks but only a few people were in.

Cinema - Probably 50% of people had masks on walking about.

Restaurant - Maybe 30% of people there had masks on when not at tables.

Garden centre - I’d say about 50% of people had masks on, previously would have been 100%.

Supermarket - Again 50% or so of customers wearing masks. Saw someone with one of those lanyards on, which made me chuckle a bit.

I bet in a week it will be 1% everywhere.

I've travelled a fair bit today. Here's the scores on the doors:

Train Glasgow Suburban: 0% (hardly anybody on board).
Glasgow Central: Starbucks: 0%.
Train GQS-Fort William-Banavie: 10-15% (rising to about a third at FW when a load of tourists got on to do their Harry Potter thing).
Cafe Neptune's Staircase: one person, pointlessly wearing her mask under her chin.
Bookshop Fort William: 100%. (Quite busy shop too.)
Pub: one guy (who also walked into the women's bog, by accident presumably).

So masks clearly already on the wane, unless you read books.

Cheers!
c0fa851b0a69c85b0377b5e39c953a75.jpg

Police officers have spoken to Nicola Sturgeon after she was filmed apparently breaching Scotland's face mask rules.

They reminded her of the importance of wearing a face covering when there was a legal requirement to do so, Police Scotland said.

The force added it was satisfied that no further action was necessary.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61142777

Hopefully she was left feeling as patronised and treated like a small child as many of us have felt listening to her over the last few months.

25 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I have been out and about all day. The mask wearing percentages were as follows:

Nursery drop off - no masks now, previously 100% for parents dropping off and staff picking up.

Gym - 0%, same as pre mandate dropping.

Starbucks - Probabky around 80% were wearing masks but only a few people were in.

Cinema - Probably 50% of people had masks on walking about.

Restaurant - Maybe 30% of people there had masks on when not at tables.

Garden centre - I’d say about 50% of people had masks on, previously would have been 100%.

Supermarket - Again 50% or so of customers wearing masks. Saw someone with one of those lanyards on, which made me chuckle a bit.

I bet in a week it will be 1% everywhere.

You’ve dropped the weans off, worked out at the gym, gone for coffee, caught a film at the cinema, gone out for lunch, traipsed around the garden centre and done your weekly food shop all before 5pm? Quite a busy day! 

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

You’ve dropped the weans off, worked out at the gym, gone for coffee, caught a film at the cinema, gone out for lunch, traipsed around the garden centre and done your weekly food shop all before 5pm? Quite a busy day! 

Just say what you wanna say brother. 

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Yes but I didn’t do a weekly shop, I just nipped in to buy one thing. Also the coffee was the one at the cinema. And we only went into the garden centre for half an hour or so.

Edited by ICTChris

Wickes: 30-40% among customers, 0% among staff.

Morrisons: 40-50% among customers, higher among staff.

Definitely more mask wearing among older age groups.  Also saw someone riding a bike, on their own, on a quiet street, masked up, but without a helmet.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yes the Tories are being dicks, but NS can't complain as she never hesitates to be critical of them when they make an arse of it.

As for Leitch's latest clanger:

That's the guidance now, it isn't what the law was on Saturday.

Having not spoken to NS prior to being asked the question, he shouldn't have answered it.

That he not only did, but, wihout the full story defended her anyway, speaks volumes about his impartiality.

He said that was the guidance now when he was interviewed.

He initially said that it was reported that it was a few seconds and she put her mask on, which was the right thing to do.

Nothing he said was "partisan" or "partial" in any way whatsoever.

Police Scotland appear to agree that it is a nothing incident, and are probably a bit pissed off that some Tory wanksock made a complaint that they then had to waste time dealing with.

28 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yes but I didn’t do a weekly shop, I just nipped in to buy one thing. Also the coffee was the one at the cinema. And we only went into the garden centre for half an hour or so.

You fairly sexed your day up there mate. You're not really much better than throbber lying in his own filth pulling cans out Bud out the sink IMO

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You fairly sexed your day up there mate. You're not really much better than throbber lying in his own filth pulling cans out Bud out the sink IMO

Obviously the throbber-life is the dream that we are all working towards.

47 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Wickes: 30-40% among customers, 0% among staff.

Morrisons: 40-50% among customers, higher among staff.

Definitely more mask wearing among older age groups.  Also saw someone riding a bike, on their own, on a quiet street, masked up, but without a helmet.

Seeing Gnash's Alan Partridge avatar beside this and then reading it in Alan's voice makes it sound like something lifted straight from an AP script.

Opposition politicians are quite right to be raising this issue, not sure why you'd expect them not to. It's not a resigning matter or anything like that, and I don't think anyone has called for that, but you'd expect a full and proper apology rather than obfuscation and deflection.