Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Has anyone else applied for antibody tests?

When the bairn tested positive, we got asked if we wanted antibody tests but they've never appeared. Would be interesting to see if I have antibodies since neither me or the wife have had covid (to our knowledge).

Edit: I notice that they've stopped the tests on the NHS in March. We applied for them in February.

Edited by Suspect Device

Day 9 for me and I'm still testing positive. Other half tested positive for something like 14 or 15 days after first symptoms.
Tested negative this morning so fingers crossed I've had my turn at Covid (for now).

I've been feeling pretty rotten for a couple of days, but negative tests so far. Maybe just a generic manflu but it's the most ill I've felt for years.

I've managed to avoid covid so far to my knowledge so it's long overdue.

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

Michael Ryan of the WHO says “I certainly do not believe we’ve reached anything close to an endemic situation with this virus,”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/14/coronavirus-far-from-becoming-endemic-says-who

A truly fantastic track record this guy and the WHO have these past two and a quarter years!

58 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I've been feeling pretty rotten for a couple of days, but negative tests so far. Maybe just a generic manflu but it's the most ill I've felt for years.

I've managed to avoid covid so far to my knowledge so it's long overdue.

I imagine most non-Covid illnesses we contract will feel worse than usual due to folk getting them a lot less routinely since 2019.

14 hours ago, mizfit said:

I know one guy who’s effectively gone into a mini lockdown because he’s away to America in 2 weeks and doesn’t want to mess anything up with the entry requirements. Needs must for situations like that.

Can't blame anyone for this. Fail the preflight test and the holiday is up in smoke. 

Whilst I think most still have in place various rebooking/refund policies for covid, they won't last forever either.

Currently in the Med on a cruise. Had to do antigen test prior to boarding in Greece. On board masks are no longer compulsory but now recommended. Very few wearing them apart from the crew.

Greece not hot on mask wearing.

Montenegro not interested in masks.

Sicily and Italy hot on entry procedure but uninterested in mask wearing.

Barcelona in Spain very hot on mask wearing, taxis, shops and underground all insisting on the mask.

1 hour ago, Hard Graft said:

Currently in the Med on a cruise. Had to do antigen test prior to boarding in Greece. On board masks are no longer compulsory but now recommended. Very few wearing them apart from the crew.

Greece not hot on mask wearing.

Montenegro not interested in masks.

Sicily and Italy hot on entry procedure but uninterested in mask wearing.

Barcelona in Spain very hot on mask wearing, taxis, shops and underground all insisting on the mask.

Maybe not in practice but their rules actually state that double masks should be worn on public transport. 😆

The problem with the type of fucking brainless nugget who sent that mask to her is that it achieves the exact opposite of what they intended.
Whoever sent it has now given her cause to play the victim card and to gain yet more exposure for herself and her ridiculous book.
Every time something like this happens to her, her cash register chimes.
It's almost as though the person who sent it WANTS her to get more attention.
And also, without any surprise at all, Sturgeon has decided to step in for a bit more publicity.
False flag IMO

Just back from a week in France snowboarding flying via Geneva. Only use of masks was on the plane. No one asked for proof of vaccination, the negative LFT tests for the kids (not vaccinated) which therefore ended up being a total waste of money and time, or indeed the pointless French declaration. 

Felt great to be pretty much back to normal at long last.

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Sturgeon 'confident' most Scots will continue with masks after easing

Happy final day of the mask mandate.

I was at another gig on Thursday evening in Glasgow and pretty much everywhere I went the folk wearing masks were already a minority including public transport.

Politician in being out of touch shocker.

If she's so convinced folk will wear masks when not forced to do so why didn't she have one on when in England.

Still waiting on that adult conversation now I think about it.