Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

We have been told one day a week from May. Few not happy as they can work well at home. I was in today, annoying thing is no privacy with Ms teams calls and you can hear them all.

That would be annoying, thinking you'll be back to face to face meetings and you've got that going on. Can they not use earphones?

10 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Yeah, I'm the socially awkward one here 

Certainly seems it, tbf.

9 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

I’m beginning to think you are actually gutted the masks are going as it will remove such a central point of your life.  

Otherwise why would you complain about them going on Monday as you were told they would a couple of weeks ago?  Unless you mean Snakes = Them doing what I want?

I personally can’t wait for them to go.

They should have been gone *at least* three months ago. The Scottish Government have been unequivocal snakes throughout this entire ordeal, hence why they weren't and we're several months behind our progressive European neighbours.

Have they binned the emergency powers yet? This isn't over until they're gone and the psychological manipulation and blackmail goes with them. Along with any shred of a suggestion that they can ever be brought back merely on a whim of tubes like Sturgeon, Swinney and Yousaf.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Certainly seems it, tbf.

They should have been gone *at least* three months ago. The Scottish Government have been unequivocal snakes throughout this entire ordeal, hence why they weren't and we're several months behind our progressive European neighbours.

Have they binned the emergency powers yet? This isn't over until they're gone and the psychological manipulation and blackmail goes with them. Along with any shred of a suggestion that they can ever be brought back merely on a whim of tubes like Sturgeon, Swinney and Yousaf.

Binned the emergency powers? I think they are desperately trying to make them permanent.

https://www.parliament.scot/bills-and-laws/bills/coronavirus-recovery-and-reform-scotland-bill

You keep up your obsessive hand wringing all you want but for the vast majority it's over come Monday. I honestly think if you don't return to living a normal life on Monday then you have to admit that Covid has seriously fucked you over and it's time to seek professional help if you honestly feel unable to return to getting on with day to day living. Unfortunately there are going to be those that this has broken (both ways) and you are definitely starting to show signs of it but like it or loathe it come Monday this ends. Every chance this will end up being my last post on here.

15 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Won’t someone think of Sonia.

Dont want to pick holes and make Sonia look like a c**t, but surely if masks are effective (which they must be in her opinion as she is advocating) and she herself followed the rules or maintaining wearing a mask in public places while at the OVO (FFS) Hydro then surely she would not have actually contracted Covid as the manky old bit of cloth she had on would have given her protection?

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Dont want to pick holes and make Sonia look like a c**t, but surely if masks are effective (which they must be in her opinion as she is advocating) and she herself followed the rules or maintaining wearing a mask in public places while at the OVO (FFS) Hydro then surely she would not have actually contracted Covid as the manky old bit of cloth she had on would have given her protection?

Are you trying to tell me a bit of fabric that’s taken in and out someone’s pocket isn’t effective? Shocking news!

Ms Sturgeon said the country had made steady progress towards a greater sense of normality and a more sustainable way of managing the virus.

However, she stressed that the NHS was still under pressure and the most vulnerable members of society could still benefit from people taking additional measures to protect them from the virus.

Despite the use of face coverings no longer being a legal requirement, she strongly recommended that people "continue wearing face coverings in indoor settings where possible, and particularly when significant numbers of people are present".

With the legal requirement to wear masks essentially being the last thing to go, it got me thinking about the various measures in the past 2 years.

Obviously the first major thing was the first lockdown in March 2020. I think in general it was the right call, and you’ll probably struggle to find anyone who would disagree. The severity of the virus was still unknown so restricting or preventing anything that unnecessarily increased the chance of close contact made perfect sense. And if I’m being honest - I quite enjoyed those first few weeks. It’s difficult to explain why. Maybe it was something to do with the usual routine being broken in a big way. 

The “daily exercise” thing did encourage me to get out the house for a walk or cycle every day (although now, I’m pretty much sick of the sight of my neighbourhood - I must have covered every street a good hundred times in that first year…). 

There’s a few things I still can’t get my head around, even putting myself in the mindset of back then. The 1-way systems in supermarkets were bonkers, especially the ones that forced you to follow it exactly…meaning that you needed to go up and down aisles unnecessarily. It was also the first signs of the “tutting brigade” when you dared to go the wrong way at the very end of an aisle to grab something from the first shelf.

Also with shopping, I remember the lack of clarity in terms of “essential” items. I think up here things did stay largely sensible, with the supermarkets able to sell what they wanted. But when the lockdown was first announced I remember thinking about what “essential” meant (and subsequently did I have enough beer in the house to last the 5 weeks we were told lockdown would be for…). 

The queuing was mental as well. I’m a fairly efficient shopper - I get what’s on the list, pay for it, and leave. So at times I would find myself queuing for 20+ minutes to spend less than that in the shop.  What didn’t help was the people who stood at the doors for 5 minutes cleaning the handles. Not going to lie, I did initially clean my trolley with a quick wipe of the stuff provided. Then I realised that I’d might as well just use hand sanitiser before touching the trolley for pretty much the same effect.

And of course, the big one…the clapping. It was like everything that’s been wrong with “Poppy Day” in the last 20 years all distilled into 5 minutes every Thursday. Thankfully it wasn’t such a big thing around here, but the public shaming on display on Twitter, Reddit and various Facebook groups was madness. 

Anyway…a bit of a ramble, but with things pretty much returning to normality next week, it felt a good time to reflect on things.

Edited by The Master

With the legal requirement to wear masks essentially being the last thing to go, it got me thinking about the various measures in the past 2 years.
Obviously the first major thing was the first lockdown in March 2020. I think in general it was the right call, and you’ll probably struggle to find anyone who would disagree. The severity of the virus was still unknown so restricting or preventing anything that unnecessarily increased the chance of close contact made perfect sense. And if I’m being honest - I quite enjoyed those first few weeks. It’s difficult to explain why. Maybe it was something to do with the usual routine being broken in a big way. 
The “daily exercise” thing did encourage me to get out the house for a walk or cycle every day (although now, I’m pretty much sick of the sight of my neighbourhood - I must have covered every street a good hundred times in that first year…). 
There’s a few things I still can’t get my head around, even putting myself in the mindset of back then. The 1-way systems in supermarkets were bonkers, especially the ones that forced you to follow it exactly…meaning that you needed to go up and down aisles unnecessarily. It was also the first signs of the “tutting brigade” when you dared to go the wrong way at the very end of an aisle to grab something from the first shelf.
Also with shopping, I remember the lack of clarity in terms of “essential” items. I think up here things did stay largely sensible, with the supermarkets able to sell what they wanted. But when the lockdown was first announced I remember thinking about what “essential” meant (and subsequently did I have enough beer in the house to last the 5 weeks we were told lockdown would be for…). 
The queuing was mental as well. I’m a fairly efficient shopper - I get what’s on the list, pay for it, and leave. So at times I would find myself queuing for 20+ minutes to spend less than that in the shop.  What didn’t help was the people who stood at the doors for 5 minutes cleaning the handles. Not going to lie, I did initially clean my trolley with a quick wipe of the stuff provided. Then I realised that I’d might as well just use hand sanitiser before touching the trolley for pretty much the same effect.
And of course, the big one…the clapping. It was like everything that’s been wrong with “Poppy Day” in the last 20 years all distilled into 5 minutes every Thursday. Thankfully it wasn’t such a big thing around here, but the public shaming on display on Twitter, Reddit and various Facebook groups was madness. 
Anyway…a bit of a ramble, but with things pretty much returning to normality next week, it felt a good time to reflect on things.
This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

You keep up your obsessive hand wringing all you want but for the vast majority it's over come Monday. I honestly think if you don't return to living a normal life on Monday then you have to admit that Covid has seriously fucked you over and it's time to seek professional help if you honestly feel unable to return to getting on with day to day living. Unfortunately there are going to be those that this has broken (both ways) and you are definitely starting to show signs of it but like it or loathe it come Monday this ends. Every chance this will end up being my last post on here.
I think he needs to become a Chinese citizen. Then a few more years of posting still to come.

5 hours ago, The Master said:

Parklife.