Coronavirus (COVID-19)

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just to offer up further anecdotal experience of Scotlands largest city yesterday, it was even more noticable than it was at the weekend how low mask wearing is bit more so among staff. I was in 3 pubs and a restaurant lastnight, id say less than half the staff had masks on.

And I was on 3 trains, only 1 conductor had a mask on.

I assume Scotgov must sort of vaguely monitor this.... Monday is their last chance to look like they made the call to ditch them IMO. Even the folk we all assume are going to get hung out eg hospitality and transport workers have had enough.

I can see them just letting it all go under the radar now, with Monday coming and going with the hope there's minimal fanfare about it to upset The Psycho Brigade.

Snakes.

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

First day back in the office since May two years ago. Only one day a week but utterly pointless really and the general feeling is they're bringing us back in just because they can as it adds absolute no value to the employees or the business 

^ can't be arsed getting out his jammies once a week to interact with real people, nap

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

First day back in the office since May   two years ago. Only one day a week but utterly pointless really and the general feeling is they're bringing us back in just because they can as it adds absolute no value to the employees or the business 

Adds plenty value to those who rent out office buildings.

A good few of my mates who were giving it billy big baws 2 years ago about how they'd never need to go into an office again and my job means working from home is never really going to be possible are now being huckled back in.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I was actually expecting another announcement this week but as others have said, it looks like the law will simply be allowed to peter out without fuss - almost like an anti-climax in some regards.

Holyrood is in recess until Monday so it would seem the announcement a couple of weeks ago was stronger than first thought. There was an impression that the 18th would need further confirmation (“subject to the course of the pandemic” etc).

But it looks like binning is the default and only if it was being delayed would there have been a recall to announce it. 

36 minutes ago, The Master said:

Holyrood is in recess until Monday so it would seem the announcement a couple of weeks ago was stronger than first thought. There was an impression that the 18th would need further confirmation (“subject to the course of the pandemic” etc).

But it looks like binning is the default and only if it was being delayed would there have been a recall to announce it. 

Says here it's still due to be binned from next Monday. 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-reducing-the-risks-in-schools/pages/measures-to-reduce-risks/

Face coverings (workplace guidance)

The legal requirement to wear a face covering in most indoor places and on public transport is due to be replaced with general safety guidance for people who are managing a workplace or organisation. From that point (currently scheduled to be the 18 April) schools should apply the approach within that workplace guidance to the use of face coverings by staff and secondary pupils in indoor communal areas in schools. In practice, this means that the wearing of face coverings will not be mandatory, but it will remain encouraged in indoor communal areas in line with the workplace guidance. Any individual who wishes to wear a face covering in a school setting should continue to be supported to do so. Careful attention should still be given to the requirements of individuals with additional support needs when implementing this measure.

https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/event/1/professor-devi-sridhar-with-jason-leitch-preventable-how-a-pandemic-changed-the-world-how-to-stop-the-next-one

Devi Sridhar in conversation with Jason Leitch in Glasgow for any thread regulars who fancy it. :lol:

I really need to sort out what I'm subscribed to since that was emailed to me as an event I might be interested in.

4 hours ago, Elixir said:

I can see them just letting it all go under the radar now, with Monday coming and going with the hope there's minimal fanfare about it to upset The Psycho Brigade.

Snakes.

I’m beginning to think you are actually gutted the masks are going as it will remove such a central point of your life.  

Otherwise why would you complain about them going on Monday as you were told they would a couple of weeks ago?  Unless you mean Snakes = Them doing what I want?

I personally can’t wait for them to go.

On 09/04/2022 at 19:08, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 09/04/2022 at 09:27, oaksoft said:
If I had a posting record which consisted of little else but personally attacking other posters in the way that Whitey has on this thread, I might have conceded you had a point.

You sneer with the worst of them.

Indeed he does……

grade A hypocrite with no self awareness 😉

Day 7 of isolation for me. Still testing positive annoyingly but any symptoms are all but gone. Never really gotten beyond a cold for me fortunately so I guess the vaccines did the job. 

10 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

First day back in the office since May   two years ago. Only one day a week but utterly pointless really and the general feeling is they're bringing us back in just because they can as it adds absolute no value to the employees or the business 

We have been told one day a week from May. Few not happy as they can work well at home. I was in today, annoying thing is no privacy with Ms teams calls and you can hear them all.

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Won’t someone think of Sonia.

Times have obviously moved on, when we were reliving our youth last week at Simple Minds virtually no one even bothered with the pretence of wearing a mask to get through the door. Given the average age I'd guess we were all in the high risk category of being old duffers, such reckless behaviours.