Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Elixir said:
^^^ word salad
The ONS survey is the gold standard for tracking infection rates.

So 1 in 11 infected is definitely correct if it's "gold standard" and you can't see the contradiction there with the admissions "with covid" ?

You're making the assumption that the probability of being admitted to hospital for non-covid reasons is exactly the same for a person regardless of their covid status. In reality there will be lots of confounding factors involved.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Borderline anti-vax stuff from a fake sage drone. Regrettably, Reicher is also on actual SAGE. 

Diet SAGE are an absolute joke cult confined to the psycho fringes of Twitter. Their 'members' should be binned from any associated institutions.

It's 'a myth that we have vaccines which protect us' according to these fucking reptiles. They have saved MILLIONS of lives around the world. Truly, horseshoe theory in action.

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, Elixir said:
^^^ word salad
The ONS survey is the gold standard for tracking infection rates.

So 1 in 11 infected is definitely correct if it's "gold standard" and you can't see the contradiction there with the admissions "with covid" ?

There is no contradiction. The ONS survey will pick up people with hee haw wrong with them every bit as much as folk getting tested as they go into hospital for any reason.

Sensible is a very subjective word, yet the SG seem to use it a lot in an effort to avoid having to actually provide any objective reasoning for their decisions.

I'm not sure the people making any decision are in the best position to be the authority on what is or isn't sensible.

5 hours ago, Elixir said:

Our new national motto is 'Scotland the Unbrave', surely? The way we have acted the past two years is certainly not one of a leader on the European stage, that's for sure. Soft and meek as shit.

The compliance, even once lifted, will be a dragged out decline as well even once the legal requirement is gone. It will take time for some people to realise they don't have to bother anymore and for them to feel comfortable that they won't be judged for choosing not to wear one. We have endured almost an entire year more of pointless mask theatre than England and most of the Nordics for zero measurable benefit - instead merely entrenching fear. Even now we are months behind swathes of Europe. It is pathetic. Yet still the Simps will shrug their shoulders rather than ask questions.

Have the UK Government not since actively scrapped 'guidance' and 'advice'? I'm pretty sure they advise against 'voluntary Covid certification', unlike our rabble up here who think businesses can chose to operate it if they please 'to make people feel safe'.

Given there are ~20 people in ICU here, which has decreased from ~35 over the past month or so, I find it difficult to believe that our overall admissions figures aren't largely at 'record numbers' because of such parallel increases in incidental admissions. That 74% figure for London is astonishing and gives weight to this, given how remarkably unremarkable our ICU numbers are. Of course, we can't confirm this because of the clown brigade in charge of the data here.

If she's not *deliberately* lying to us us, she most certainly is deliberately taking us for mugs.

It’s correct that they now advise against covid certification, but masks are still explicitly advised in the guidance.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Yes, it is the best way. If I remember correctly, some guy used to (and maybe still does) go round to see @craigkillie regularly and test him as part of this study.

What he didn't realise was that the guy wasn't from ONS, but was just a guy with a nasal swabbing fetish filling his boots whilst the opportunity was there. 

D16C64B3-0065-4BF8-8028-4E9AAA268088.jpeg

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Seriously?

Will the simping never end???

🤣

He did ask. Same as restaurants and schools, you're fine sitting down but not walking around. I didn't say I agreed with it. Anyway, aren't you a bit old to be using American teen slang?

Edited by welshbairn

20 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I am absolutely no admirer of her in the slightest, but given what is happening in the Ukraine, do you really think that describing Sturgeon as ‘a Hitler’ is appropriate?

Calling Sturgeon “a Hitler” is a bit harsh, but it’s also a bit short  when “lying, hypocritical, incompetent wee b*****d of a bloke” would be far more apt.

Edited by 8MileBU

Just now, oaksoft said:

I have to say, if I saw something like that being used, I'd chuck it into the nearest river.

Tbf, I do take comfort in knowing the scheme goblins here would do just that, or have it ripped to bits for spare parts, in no time.

Still, though:

IMG-20220331-231215.jpg

Standing in tesco yesterday waiting on the wife finishing a marathon gabbing session with her pal, and a customer approaches me and Says "how come your no wearing a mask,  are you one of those folk that's exempt cos you've got a broken toenail or something??". No, f**k off you twat,  I'm not wearing one because it's my choice,  and nobody is forcing me to wear one. Covid really has turned some folk into a bunch of c***s.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Standing in tesco yesterday waiting on the wife finishing a marathon gabbing session with her pal, and a customer approaches me and Says "how come your no wearing a mask,  are you one of those folk that's exempt cos you've got a broken toenail or something??". No, f**k off you twat,  I'm not wearing one because it's my choice,  and nobody is forcing me to wear one. Covid really has turned some folk into a bunch of c***s.

At what point did the shop burst into applause either in appreciation for this consciousness mask enforcers or for you as a defender of freedoms?;)

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

At what point did the shop burst into applause either in appreciation for this consciousness mask enforcers or for you as a defender of freedoms?;)

Neither. I didn't even give him a response. Thing is I will see him again, as he is regular customer at my work 😂

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

Neither. I didn't even give him a response. Thing is I will see him again, as he is regular customer at my work 😂

Oh god, I thought this was some kind of crap April Fool, but your maintaining it happened?

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Oh god, I thought this was some kind of crap April Fool, but your maintaining it happened?

Yep. 100%. he is a bit of a strange individual at times. I certainly wouldn't question somebody for not wearing a mask, it's none of my business at the end of the day.

Beloved Bob, urbane Brain of Britain, I bid you goodbye - PressReader