Coronavirus (COVID-19)

38 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Let me understand this. I can go to a wedding next weekend, be sat indoors shoulder to shoulder with 100+ others and not need to wear a mask yet I when I go to the local supermarket the following day where I can keep distance from others as I wander around I have to wear a mask while doing so? 

She's a Hitler who is gripping on to control for as long as she possibly can and can f##k off if she thinks I'm voting SNP in the council elections  

It's 'The Science'. Just like how The Science stipulates that vulnerable-auld-God-bothering biddies don't need them anymore.

Or something. But definitely The Science.

54 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Let me understand this. I can go to a wedding next weekend, be sat indoors shoulder to shoulder with 100+ others and not need to wear a mask yet I when I go to the local supermarket the following day where I can keep distance from others as I wander around I have to wear a mask while doing so? 

She's a Hitler who is gripping on to control for as long as she possibly can and can f##k off if she thinks I'm voting SNP in the council elections  

I am absolutely no admirer of her in the slightest, but given what is happening in the Ukraine, do you really think that describing Sturgeon as ‘a Hitler’ is appropriate?

Was at a wedding mid feb with 100+ and not one person had a mask on ( bar the staff) todays announcement is embarrassing (yet again) 

I wouldn’t mind the mask mandate ( not that I’ve followed it) if they could make it make sense that I can go to church and belt out Jesus songs without a mask but if I go to the local shop for a few rolls I’m suppose to mask up for the 30 seconds I’m in the shop. 

Sturgeon thrives on division - she knows even once this nonsense is binned that there'll still be folk snarling at others for not indulging their personal fears and concerns.

The (justifiable) boasting about the vaccine rollout should have gone hand in hand with a concerted effort at emphasising how safe society is as a result, and maybe get a good chunk of those who are especially vulnerable and still concerned to feel less so. 

Instead, for 2 years any positive news has been caveated so much that it comes across as a negative and it just adds to the nonsense. Of course, I'd rather people weighed it up for themselves and engaged some critical thinking, but in reality the messaging from politicians does have an impact, as Sturgeon well knows.

I'm extremely wary still - but purely for the selfish reason that I've got a holiday to Jamaica in 12 days time - if I or my wife test positive at any time 10 days beforehand then we can't board the flight. Will be taking our preflight Covid test as soon as the 72 hour mark is reached a week on Wednesday.

Fingers and everything else well and truly crossed.
I can relax a bit more now - 2 negative antigen tests and fit to travel.

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

You mean it isn’t already?

more so than it is now "if even one person is offended by anything it's one too many" 

Scotland's new slogan.

we-need-to-do-something-407432.jpg

Edited by red23

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It was confirmed weeks ago that isolation is merely guidance and nothing more.

This is where I find the likes of NS et al inconsistent as f**k.

Take Tuesday for example.

Masks - Guidance

Isolation - Guidance

The former piece of guidance appears to be universally ignored, and there is no stigma attached to doing so, yet the latter never is, and anyone who did ignore it would be hounded.

An absolute mess.

9 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Was at a wedding mid feb with 100+ and not one person had a mask on ( bar the staff) todays announcement is embarrassing (yet again) 

I wouldn’t mind the mask mandate ( not that I’ve followed it) if they could make it make sense that I can go to church and belt out Jesus songs without a mask but if I go to the local shop for a few rolls I’m suppose to mask up for the 30 seconds I’m in the shop. 

…even if it’s midnight and the shop is otherwise empty. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Masks - Guidance

Isolation - Guidance

The former piece of guidance appears to be universally ignored, and there is no stigma attached to doing so, yet the latter never is, and anyone who did ignore it would be hounded.

An absolute mess.

Also, by not wearing a mask in a church in England (which is guidance but not law), Stugeon has confirmed that guidance means f**k all 

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Masks - Guidance

Isolation - Guidance

An absolute mess.

The isolation guidance is contradictory.

I'm currently self isolating. My symptoms started last Friday, I was tested on Monday and I got a positive result back on Tuesday. Since then I've been bombarded with contradictory emails and texts, some of which tell me to self isolate for ten days from when the symptoms start, others saying ten days from when I was tested. No consistency.

I've just taken a LFT, which showed as negative. I'll do another tomorrow and if it's negative again I'll end my self isolation.

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I am absolutely no admirer of her in the slightest, but given what is happening in the Ukraine, do you really think that describing Sturgeon as ‘a Hitler’ is appropriate?

How else do you describe somebody telling people what to do, clearly enjoying the power they have over others and gripping on to as much power as they can?

If wearing a mask in a place where a large number of people are gathered, why aren't MSP's wearing masks in the chamber at Holyrood yet as soon as they're in the corridors they've got them on? 

23 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

How else do you describe somebody telling people what to do, clearly enjoying the power they have over others and gripping on to as much power as they can?

If wearing a mask in a place where a large number of people are gathered, why aren't MSP's wearing masks in the chamber at Holyrood yet as soon as they're in the corridors they've got them on? 

I’m not disputing that I also feel that we should have an end to compulsory mask wearing, absolutely. My small gripe was comparing someone telling us we have to wear masks when we don’t want to, to some someone who rounded up Jews and shot them. Nonsensical.

44 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

why aren't MSP's wearing masks in the chamber at Holyrood yet as soon as they're in the corridors they've got them on? 

Social distancing whilst sitting in the chamber.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It was confirmed weeks ago that isolation is merely guidance and nothing more.

Not sure my work are taking that as guidence rather than yer benched.