Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

No I'm afraid not.

Just like the 21st March it could be subject to change.

The BBC etc are reporting as if it's definitely ending in two weeks...

37 minutes ago, Left Back said:

She caveated that with "subject as always to the state of the pandemic"

https://www.gov.scot/publications/fm-statement-parliament-march-30-2022/

Hopefully we don't get a new Far East variant in the next few weeks given the state of things there, despite the utter irrelevance to Europe where the epidemic is unquestionably over.

The big point here, however, is one of individual liberty.

This SG seems to think that the public are not capable of making their own decisions and need to be bossed about in a manner such as you would find in communist states like China, Russia or Cuba.

There is no one more unionist than myself but this attitude does not augur well for, God forgive, separation ever comes.
I acknowledge that independence does not need to be akin to this SNP administration but if this is any indication of the type of government which would evolve, God help us.

44 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Was in Carnoustie at the weekend and pub was busy and no one was wearing a mask.

Having a quick pint just now and none of the 20 odd are wearing a mask.

Last person I saw wearing one in hospitality was Mairi Black MP in Munns before the Accies Partick game. She.was the only one wearing one.

If you don't want to wear one don't as nobody else will give a sh*t

The mask just gets in the way when you’re drinking pints. 

9 minutes ago, red23 said:

if we ever become independent this country will become soft as shite

Become?

Sturgeon clearly thinks Scots can't be trusted, like our fellow Europeans, to follow the same guidance she chose to ignore yesterday.

CON+4 is a popular meme on this board, used to poke fun and express disbelief at how the English voters can't see, or choose to ignore, how much the Conservative Government rip the absolute piss out of them to the point their vote share somehow increases.

The SNP are rapidly morphing into a tartan version of the Tories as they lurch from scandal to scandal, all the while treating the public with contempt.

14 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I know it’s been alluded to already but the sheer audacity of her to claim that the vast majority of people are in favour of keeping masks is utter bullshit. If that was the case she’d be more than happy to just make it guidance as opposed to mandated in law and let the “vast majority” to continue wearing them if they are so inclined. 

She’s a two faced, hypocritical fucking liar. 

Absolutely. 

You can tell tell exactly who is really in favour of keeping them once they are no longer mandatory under penalty of law - they are the ones still wearing them. 

It is not a lot of people. 

4 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:
4 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Thing is, you won't get stopped. Nobody really cares anymore. I stopped wearing one after SG announced the March review date and I haven't been challenged at all.

While this is true as a customer, there are still plenty of employees who face the threat of disciplinary action for not making a completely pointless  gesture for 40 hours + each week.

And that's why today's decision is disgraceful, and has cost them any chance of a vote at all in the local elections in May. 

Let me understand this. I can go to a wedding next weekend, be sat indoors shoulder to shoulder with 100+ others and not need to wear a mask yet I when I go to the local supermarket the following day where I can keep distance from others as I wander around I have to wear a mask while doing so? 

She's a Hitler who is gripping on to control for as long as she possibly can and can f##k off if she thinks I'm voting SNP in the council elections  

Edited by FK1Bairn
shocking grammar

‘Aww get a grip it’s only a mask there’s a lot bigger problems in the world right now’ some arsehole on Twitter just now.

Yeah, that’s not why we’re fucked off m6, it’s the fact that not one Scottish citizen is being trusted to make their own decision on it. It should be a choice at this stage. Wear one for the rest of your life for all I care.