Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Did she say it'll definitely be the 18th?  If not then that date is clearly getting pushed back again.

It's the usual "date X subject to Y" without any indication as to what Y actually is. The 18th is the same day LFTs are no longer free to the general population in Scotland though so I'd struggle to see any justification she can come up with for keeping masks past then but then again most would've thought that ages ago.

Just now, Pie Of The Month said:

It's the usual "date X subject to Y" without any indication as to what Y actually is. The 18th is the same day LFTs are no longer free to the general population in Scotland though so I'd struggle to see any justification she can come up with for keeping masks past then but then again most would've thought that ages ago.

No mass testing so this is the only tool UK gov have left us to control infection rates.

The first minister was pictured during the event without wearing a face covering.

Tory MSP Murdo Fraser asks Ms Sturgeon why this was the case and she insists she "abided by the rules in place there".

She adds, "I abide by the rules and I know that is something the Conservatives struggle to understand."

She actually went with the ‘I followed the rules’ response. Absolutely risible. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

The first minister was pictured during the event without wearing a face covering.

Tory MSP Murdo Fraser asks Ms Sturgeon why this was the case and she insists she "abided by the rules in place there".

She adds, "I abide by the rules and I know that is something the Conservatives struggle to understand."

She actually went with the ‘I followed the rules’ response. Absolutely risible. 

As someone pointed out it's a free pass to anyone to ignore any guidance.  Self isolation is only guidance in Scotland so if you don't bother you're following the rules, same as the FM.

4 minutes ago, Left Back said:

As someone pointed out it's a free pass to anyone to ignore any guidance.  Self isolation is only guidance in Scotland so if you don't bother you're following the rules, same as the FM.

Yeah, and she’s admitting that the ‘rules’ she is setting are being made in bad faith. 

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:
1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:
I’m afraid that’s me going to go full boomer and just stop wearing them now and if challenged by minimum wage shop workers/security guards I will say ‘Ahv goat asthma’ or similar.

Thing is, you won't get stopped. Nobody really cares anymore. I stopped wearing one after SG announced the March review date and I haven't been challenged at all.

Absolutely.

Just been in a Tesco in my normal maskless state standing next to a masked police officer in the queue and he couldn’t give a shit.

Was in Carnoustie at the weekend and pub was busy and no one was wearing a mask.

Having a quick pint just now and none of the 20 odd are wearing a mask.

Last person I saw wearing one in hospitality was Mairi Black MP in Munns before the Accies Partick game. She.was the only one wearing one.

If you don't want to wear one don't as nobody else will give a sh*t

Basically the same others have said, seeing a lot more people maskless now in shops and trains etc.

I usually have a mask in my pocket incase someone asks for it to be worn but no ones asked me to wear one.

Sturgeon has got this one wrong. 

Are Ireland still an inspiration for an independent Scotland? Just wondering as, despite some of the nutters involved in their pandemic response, they are torching their emergency powers.

So err... where are we at with that in our now Mickey Mouse country?