Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Fine for average joes like us, not fine fot workers forced by this legal requirement to wear one 8 hours a day. The exception for churches just makes no sense considering churches are generally filled with the folk this virus kills. Sturgeon genuinely has lost her way through all of this, living in her own wee bubble of "care more". 

The church thing is 100% a cop-out to avoid flack for yesterday.

It would have been the 18th everywhere but for the photos.

2 minutes ago, spongeheid15 said:

Screenshot_20220315_173844.jpg

All this ammunition to mock Sturgeon and somehow your memes continue to be painfully unfunny.

Edited by RiG

Sturgeon clearly playing to the religious fundamentalists in the party with the church move. Lets compare the demographics and vulnerability of someone in a wee free congregation and someone going into a sports shop. Absolutely f**k off if singing and sitting beside folks and all that other shite they do in churches and licking or whatever the f**k they do (not religious, god can bite my banger), when they make up the demographic that we’ve all spent two years missing out on things to protect, yet I cant walk into a gym without a mask on? The SNP have fucking lost it and i will strip to the waist and fight anyone who disagrees, Ruel Street, bring maws. 

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

All this ammunition to mock Sturgeon and somehow your memes continue to be painfully unfunny.

The memes are funny if viewed on Facebook in a church. They won’t be funny on football forums for another two weeks. Stick with it RiG.

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Sturgeon clearly playing to the religious fundamentalists in the party with the church move. Lets compare the demographics and vulnerability of someone in a wee free congregation and someone going into a sports shop. Absolutely f**k off if singing and sitting beside folks and all that other shite they do in churches and licking or whatever the f**k they do (not religious, god can bite my banger), when they make up the demographic that we’ve all spent two years missing out on things to protect, yet I cant walk into a gym without a mask on? The SNP have fucking lost it and i will strip to the waist and fight anyone who disagrees, Ruel Street, bring maws. 

I’m bringing my best mate. He’s well up for this.

7AA2DF91-7E9C-4511-994A-E65BB08E2EC4.jpeg

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not convinced "this was England" swats it away, though. This is the leader who tells people to wear masks indoors. She should have followed her own guidance despite not being required to by law.

Even if she does lift the mandate later, she's undermined the accompanying guidance that will remain.

"Do as I say, not as I do" is a terrible look for a leader at any point in time, never mind when that leader is overseeing the one of the most drawn out mask mandates in Europe.

Hang on a minute. Mask wearing in churches isn’t mandated legally in England, but it is still guidance is it not? So Sturgeon is saying that it’s fine to ignore guidance.

If that’s the case I don’t want to see her imploring people to wear masks when the guidance does come in. 

3 hours ago, The Stig said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/20030882.john-swinney-tests-positive-covid-19/

The Bald Specky tube has now caught, clearly not following the advise of his leader

image.png.7c2d1a156557572720624ec820312e3d.png

Hopefully he now realises it’s a glorified cold. 

This is similar to her calling for the No Fly Zone in Ukraine.

She is using the mask policy to ingratiate herself to well off professional/managerial types who are obsessed with Covid rather than basing it on what Scotland actually needs. She is playing to an international gallery of blue check NGO wankers, she has no interest in Scotland any more. Another two years then she'll be off for a big job abroad and probably a teary interview talking about how terrible things were for her in Scotland.

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Hang on a minute. Mask wearing in churches isn’t mandated legally in England, but it is still guidance is it not? So Sturgeon is saying that it’s fine to ignore guidance.

If that’s the case I don’t want to see her imploring people to wear masks when the guidance does come in. 

Hopefully he now realises it’s a glorified cold. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own

"The government suggests that you continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces where you may come into contact with other people you do not normally meet"

Crowded - check

Enclosed - check

Contact with other people you don't normally meet - check

Anyone not wearing a mask was ignoring the UK gov guidance.

8 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m bringing my best mate. He’s well up for this.

7AA2DF91-7E9C-4511-994A-E65BB08E2EC4.jpeg

I’ll slap the mask off the c**t so hard his maw (who will hopefully be present) will send him to live with his auntie in Newton Mearns.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm going to be honest, I don't think that this is anything to do with "religious fundamentalists" in the SNP.  I doubt there are any religious fundamentalists in the SNP.

I can think of 3 off the top of my head.

I'm going to be honest, I don't think that this is anything to do with "religious fundamentalists" in the SNP.  I doubt there are any religious fundamentalists in the SNP.
Likewise. I think they're just utterly clueless and this is yet another attempt at caring more.

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.premierchristianity.com/interviews/kate-forbes-the-rising-political-star-on-glorifying-god-and-aiming-for-excellence/5638.article

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I’ll slap the mask off the c**t so hard his maw (who will hopefully be present) will send him to live with his auntie in Newton Mearns.

I can think of 3 off the top of my head.

Mason, Forbes and ?????

Edited by Suspect Device

16 minutes ago, Left Back said:

You’ve also got Mason, Michael Matheson also refused to remove ant-blaspehemy laws. Both him and others mentioned spoke out about a campaign to reduce bigotry because it said something about sermon’s on the campaign letter as if that was the biggest issue. Roseanna Cunningham was also critical of it. Then you look at the history of the party, Gordon Wilson as leader. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod