Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, pozbaird said:

Progressive, moderate left-of centre party with a Scottish sensibility - who could deliver independence. That’s the SNP I voted for - fcuk allowing these charlatans to run anything.

Eh?  That has never been seen - and we've 15 years of administrative incompetence to prove it.

The most galling thing is not the constant carrot dangling only for it to be kicked down the road at the last minute, but you just know that when she does finally let go she'll bring them back at the drop of a hat.

She now has a whole host of advisors telling her to bin them, yet still she's refusing to let go.

She is an absolute arsehole.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was no intention for a phased approach until the photographs yesterday.

I bet everything was slated for the 18th, with this announcement being the only way of keeping the legal requirement without looking like a hypocrite. 

Edited by The Master

Fuck voting for the SNP whilst any of the current cabinet are in charge.  Her, BST, Yousaf, Forbes, or anyone else who may be the next first minister.

Fucking wanker bastards.

Clearly, we are too wee, too poor, too stupid, to be trusted with such matters. An outlier among our European neighbours. If only we had the levers of independence to change this. Oh wait.

Laughing stock of a country.

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Eh?  That has never been seen - and we've 15 years of administrative incompetence to prove it.

I actually thought that overall, when they first achieved their massive majority, under a voting system designed to make that highly unlikely, the SNP government (in broad brush stroke terms) were doing a pretty good job - using their devolved powers to do their jobs…. then, in my opinion, they stopped concentrating on the things that matter to people, took their eye off the ball, and Indy Ref 1 was the only thing that mattered. Initially I thought the SNP were a cut above the clownshoes show in Westminster… now they’re every bit as clownshoes, just with yellow rosettes instead of blue.

Just my opinion, probably on the wrong thread, but any regard I had for them in general terms, has long since been flushed down the U Bend.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k voting for the SNP whilst any of the current cabinet are in charge.  Her, BST, Yousaf, Forbes, or anyone else who may be the next first minister.

Fucking w****r b*****ds.

I generally believed upto a year ago this SNP Government was the best party going. BE7C0AD9-B476-44BF-9907-0AD2E27BA170.jpeg.7c2179979be73a6698a77dcc6776f319.jpeg

4 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

The co-op is now a place of worship. The pub is now a place of worship. Tesco petrol station? Place of worship.

Not forgetting the SMiSA stadium, a place where prayer and blind faith that God will get you to the promised land (Top 6) happens every second weekend. It’s my church. It’s a bit of a shitey church, but it’s mine. Hallelujah!

Edited by pozbaird

I’m afraid that’s me going to go full boomer and just stop wearing them now and if challenged by minimum wage shop workers/security guards I will say ‘Ahv goat asthma’ or similar.
Thing is, you won't get stopped. Nobody really cares anymore. I stopped wearing one after SG announced the March review date and I haven't been challenged at all.

This is clearly a power thing now, shutting busineses, forcing tests on people, theses things cost money that she simply will not be given anymore. Attempting to force people to wear a mask costs her f**k all do she's just gonna run with it 

21 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

So not safe now, but safe in a few days/weeks?

I'm afraid her brain has become even more melted from Covid than I thought. 

She knows the Council Elections are on 5th May so she's bought some more free SNP advertising until then.

Just now, WeAreElgin said:

Thing is, you won't get stopped. Nobody really cares anymore. I stopped wearing one after SG announced the March review date and I haven't been challenged at all.

Fine for average joes like us, not fine fot workers forced by this legal requirement to wear one 8 hours a day. The exception for churches just makes no sense considering churches are generally filled with the folk this virus kills. Sturgeon genuinely has lost her way through all of this, living in her own wee bubble of "care more". 

The can-kicking is obviously an attempt to avoid cases dropping in tandem with masks being removed.

Even if there's no correlation, anything that even suggests that cases won't go through the roof when masks are gone can't be allowed.