Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I wonder if Ross will raise her not wearing a mask at the memorial service?

If he does, he needs to make sure the argument is spot on and not easily swatted away with "this was England". 

I don't hold out much hope.

10 minutes ago, The Master said:

If he does, he needs to make sure the argument is spot on and not easily swatted away with "this was England". 

I don't hold out much hope.

I'm not convinced "this was England" swats it away, though. This is the leader who tells people to wear masks indoors. She should have followed her own guidance despite not being required to by law.

Even if she does lift the mandate later, she's undermined the accompanying guidance that will remain.

"Do as I say, not as I do" is a terrible look for a leader at any point in time, never mind when that leader is overseeing the one of the most drawn out mask mandates in Europe.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

If she does, she'll have a lot of lunatics moaning about record levels of covid in the NHS so why change now. Ignoring the fact that they're not doing any fucking good because they've been told consistently that they are effective. She can't back down.

And she'll probably easily bat away DRoss protests about her double standards by saying that the tests in lieu of mask wearing meant she wasn't being a two faced c**t. It's the response I'm expecting from my MP and MSP.

Is it actually verified that tests were required for this? Seems unlikely, as is the fact that nobody tested positive if so.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Exactly and she can't claim the excuse of taking an LFT before going because that's not an option to avoid wearing a mask going to church or whatever up here.

This. Either way she is being utterly hypocritical. As is the fat b*****d Blackford, though tbf you often see the SNP MP's foregoing the theatre in the House of Commons these days now that enough time has passed since their lifting and there's zero political capital to be made from it anymore.

18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Is it actually verified that tests were required for this? Seems unlikely, as is the fact that nobody tested positive if so.

This. Either way she is being utterly hypocritical. As is the fat b*****d Blackford, though tbf you often see the SNP MP's foregoing the theatre in the House of Commons these days now that enough time has passed since their lifting and there's zero political capital to be made from it anymore.

I'm just assuming because it's her only get out clause that I can think of.

Less sure about schools and healthcare/hospital settings.

Hospital settings probably won’t drop them, purely from an infection control point of view. Maybe visitors won’t need to, but those dealing with patients directly probably will still be required to.

These recent hospital figures show just 20 people in ICU. Just how ludicrously high is the incidental percentage now up to for overall admissions, then? This is what we are beholden to. Again, just get so far to f**k you utter joke of an executive.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not convinced "this was England" swats it away, though. This is the leader who tells people to wear masks indoors. She should have followed her own guidance despite not being required to by law.

Even if she does lift the mandate later, she's undermined the accompanying guidance that will remain.

"Do as I say, not as I do" is a terrible look for a leader at any point in time, never mind when that leader is overseeing the one of the most drawn out mask mandates in Europe.

‘It was England’ is about the worst possible argument she could use in my mind. 

If she’s going to justify legally enforcing masks on the whole population she seeks to govern ‘to protect yourself, your family and others’ then she’d look a total c**t saying ‘that’s not the rules in England’. Not least because even if/when she lifts the rules she’ll be telling people she strongly recommends they keep wearing them. 

Hopeful we will finally fall into line with England today ie recomended guidance with the only mandates being health care and social care settings. If she does as far as I'm concerned it's over and life will be fully back to "new" normal given the permanent changes to my working conditions. That said I fully expect a union backed work email within hours of a dropping of masks confirming it changes nothing in relation to my places of work unfortunately.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/20029979.nicola-sturgeon-slams-tories-prince-philip-vigil-mask-row/

😂

The brass neck.

Never wrong...

ETA the "but teh toarrrrries" schtick is something I would expect from simp twitter. That it is the FM's go to response to every bit of criticism is, frankly, childish.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Fuck me, the penalty notices are for when there was restrictions in England.  The SG can't pick and choose scenarios and arguments to fit their agenda. That's a shocking response and I can't believe I'm agreeing with the Tories on this.

Fuck me, the penalty notices are for when there was restrictions in England.  The SG can't pick and choose scenarios and arguments to fit their agenda. That's a shocking response and I can't believe I'm agreeing with the Tories on this.
I think the article was stating that Sturgeon getting slammed for not wearing a mask by the Tories was deflection from the news yesterday of the fines for the parties.
If it's the readers comments section your referring to, they're generally used by the polarised section of society and not worth getting upset about.

Scottish Conservative leader Douglas Ross said: “Nicola Sturgeon used her own judgement to choose not to wear a mask at the Duke of Edinburgh’s memorial service this morning – yet she won’t trust Scots to do the same.

“Instead of treating the Scottish public like children, Nicola Sturgeon must allow Scots to take personal responsibility for their own safety.

Didn't think he had it in him.