Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The above is why Scotland is many, many months behind the likes of England and the Nordics in moving on from the scars of the pandemic, and that fault lies squarely at the Scottish Government's door for their rhetoric.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If they had published data between 12th and 15th they'd have seen a clear trend back downwards.

Looks like hospitalisations are levelling out as well.

I've nodded to this a number of times now, but it simply cannot be coincidence the regularity that data processing issues magically occur around restriction review dates that end in an episode of bed shitting.

Edited by Todd_is_God

25 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The above is why Scotland is many, many months behind the likes of England and the Nordics in moving on from the scars of the pandemic, and that fault lies squarely at the Scottish Government's door for their rhetoric.

Agreed, but as Frankie points out, the ease in which a reasonably educated population can be manipulated into compliant servitude is worrying. Scotland used to be known as a land full of scientists, engineers, free thinking writers and artists and now we are reduced to servile sheep doing everything we are told by a nasty and authoritarian government.

One SNP MP clearly didn’t read the memo from her Leader in Edinburgh. She was sitting near me in row 3 of the London City to Glasgow flight this evening and had no mask on after boarding and didn’t bother to put it on when landing, leaving the plane or walking through the terminal. 

Now I am not taking any moral high ground as I too had the mask off mostly and certainly didn’t wear it walking the length of terminal to the car park, however I don’t get paid to comply and preach to the public about following the rules. 

33 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Anyone else that's recently had it suffering with metallic taste? Driving me nuts. I don't eat anything proper anyway but everything has this disgusting taste to it. 

Not eating the tinfoil from ready meals might fix your issue.

Currently suffering from the “it’s not covid” but that’s definitely going around in our bairns school. 

Regualr PCR (for work) negative but full of the sweats, runny nose, sore head and just general fatigue but because my pcr is negative so I’m fine to work. 

I saw a tweet last night about how 55% (i think) of patients with Covid in English hospitals are actually there for something else and not because of Covid. Why are we still not seeing this data in Scotland? The fearmongering is starting again with "Close to record levels of Covid patients in Scotland" but you can guarantee it will likely be the same percentage as England with people actually in there for something else.

11 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I saw a tweet last night about how 55% (i think) of patients with Covid in English hospitals are actually there for something else and not because of Covid. Why are we still not seeing this data in Scotland? The fearmongering is starting again with "Close to record levels of Covid patients in Scotland" but you can guarantee it will likely be the same percentage as England with people actually in there for something else.

I think it's been known for a while that the way data is collected and presented with regards to hospital numbers is not fit for purpose.

The Scottish government has promised to provide a breakdown of with v for Covid but all we have ever received is an incredibly limited snapshot of a handful of health boards over a handful of days.

The process of collecting data is either fatally flawed and in need of complete overhaul as part of the NHS becoming fit for purpose or the figures are repeatedly manipulated to suit an agenda. 

12 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Anyone been to France recently?

Is the NHS Scotland app enough to show your vacc status or do I need anything else.

Vaccine passports were binned in France on Monday. 

You'll need to complete the EU PLF form before you go, on which you'll attach your proof of vaccination. 

21 minutes ago, ddfg said:

The process of collecting data is either fatally flawed and in need of complete overhaul as part of the NHS becoming fit for purpose or the figures are repeatedly manipulated to suit an agenda. 

It's absolutely being misused, either wilfully or as a result of incompetence.

14 hours ago, deegee said:

One SNP MP clearly didn’t read the memo from her Leader in Edinburgh. She was sitting near me in row 3 of the London City to Glasgow flight this evening and had no mask on after boarding and didn’t bother to put it on when landing, leaving the plane or walking through the terminal. 

Now I am not taking any moral high ground as I too had the mask off mostly and certainly didn’t wear it walking the length of terminal to the car park, however I don’t get paid to comply and preach to the public about following the rules. 

Plenty of SNP MP's have sacked it off in the House of Commons as well. They're fooling nobody but the Simp Brigade.

39 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Vaccine passports were binned in France on Monday. 

You'll need to complete the EU PLF form before you go, on which you'll attach your proof of vaccination. 

With Italy set to scrap all their junk at the end of April, it is humiliating that the last of things in Scotland will only stop a few weeks before the most extreme places in all of Europe, and months behind our Northern European neighbours. The Scottish Government have made us look like a tinpot joke.

Edited by Elixir

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Thats me the sole healthy specimen in my house. 3 on 1....

Out of the 3 positive cases, not one has had any symptoms that would have required a single day off school or work.

Be glad to get out to my work for some peace.

I missed it last time the kids had it but have it this time.

Son has so far avoided it this time.