Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’ve just dropped in a load of hysteria and highlighted some bad things to give yourself some weird gratification that clearly helps you so who am I to argue. 

Don't know, but you seem to enjoy doing so.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Big talk for a person who has willingly "vaselined up and bent over for Chief Mammy" for 2 years. 😀

I'm not sure how living my life as closely to normal as possible under unusual circumstances, with a common sense attitude to the advice and unenforceable rules, makes me somehow a sexual victim. I'm still curious as to how your life has been affected at all, given that you say you don't go to pubs, restaurants, or go on foreign holidays or public transport. Have you been harassed in a shop for not wearing a mask or something? 

Edited by welshbairn

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not sure how living my life as closely to normal as possible under unusual circumstances, with a common sense attitude to the advice and unenforceable rules, makes me somehow a sexual victim. I'm still curious as to how your life has been affected at all, given that you say you don't go to pubs, restaurants, or go on foreign holidays or public transport. Have you been harassed in a shop for not wearing a mask or something? 

There is an odd fondness on here for reverting to sexual imagery as a means of insult.  It's evident in lots of the name calling too.  

A funny little squad.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Your views don’t trouble me at all. In fact, as ever your views on the actual topic at hand are quite mundane and in step with lots of people on here. 

You’ve just dropped in a load of hysteria and highlighted some bad things to give yourself some weird gratification that clearly helps you so who am I to argue. 

I especially enjoy the condescending, Keir Starmer style, “adult in the room” tone that MT’s posts are delivered in.

11 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Is it really legally enforceable when anyone can self exempt by saying that mask wearing could give them panic attacks (for example)? There are no medical checks AFAIK. 

I'm not sure that flagging your fundamental social dishonesty in the workplace by making up an obvious, bullshit self-exemption is quite the smart play that you think it is. Which is why the majority of employees are still carrying out their legal requirements. 

Why don't we just bin this ridiculous requirement instead, that achieves the square root of f**k all?

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

Do Plague Peninsula not know that if they just follow This One Simple Trick of wearing masks for the next two weeks, then all this will blow over? It's The Science™.

Just another example of NS & the SNP wanting to clutch at straws by exerting control thinking doing the polar opposite to Westminster will result in a more measured successful outcome, leaving more than just the remaining hardcore fanboys grovelling at her feet and worshiping her great stewardship culminating in votes at the next election. All these decisions are 50/50 in terms of success, however so far its shown that mask wearing has little change in overall case increases or declines, as shown in England however if somehow the data changes even for a short period she can claim victory and promote and strengthen her case. This is egocentric at best and dictatorial at worst all centered around a singular goal of 'we did better than them, so support us moving forwards' and keeping her in the power seat of FM.

Way past the point now of public support on this and into the territory of creating resentment, let individuals make their own choices. Simply if you want to wear a bit of cloth with no scientific control over fiber spacing and ability to intercept airborne particles please do so, otherwise let others do as they see fit.

The hypocrisy or lunacy of having people stand at the door of a venue desperately rummaging for a mask to walk in, then be ushered to a seat only to sit and take it off for potentially hours in that location and only briefly refitting to visit the toilet is frankly mental. Its airborne - so whether standing or sitting its the same risk. While there is a case at lower level the heavier particles will descend rather than rise this does not mitigate that there will also be a movement created at the mercy of localised airflows or even hot air conduction from heaters raising other particles (without looking at windows, doors opening, forced convection, even people breathing etc). Overall in an enclosed indoor space being seated or standing you are no safer than each other, therefore by not wearing a mask for the full duration its pointless and does nothing to minimise risks. How so many still fail to see the ridiculous nature of this is baffling.

One thing is clear though there are a band of jobsworth employees, power hungry owners or moralistic crusading members of the public who either love the sense of control issuing the mask wearing instructions or questioning every non-wearing individual with contempt that are simply going to fail to comprehend and adapt to a mask free society. Therefore the countless months of hardcore government propaganda has worked and created a group of followers devoid from thought and so submissive they will simply have a complete meltdown when all this ends (if NS ever lets it).

Edited by bdu98196
Added clarity on particle air movement for NS fanboys who see wearing masks made out of her old pants as being necesary to stop the speard of dreaded covid

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I'm not sure that flagging your fundamental social dishonesty in the workplace by making up an obvious, bullshit self-exemption is quite the smart play that you think it is. Which is why the majority of employees are still carrying out their legal requirements. 

Why don't we just bin this ridiculous requirement instead, that achieves the square root of f**k all?

1525828938_wpXTrvfKTCB4(1).gif.d696e6f9e833f01134b5de13e35c5b0f.gif

Workplace bullying is frowned upon these days so you can't question my 'mental health reasons' for choosing not to wear a mask. You'll be up in front of HR quicker than you can say bullshit mask regulations. 😄

The hypocrisy or lunacy of having people stand at the door of a venue desperately rummaging for a mask to walk in, then be ushered to a seat only to sit and take it off for potentially hours in that location and only briefly refitting to visit the toilet is frankly mental. Its airborne - so whether standing or sitting its the same risk, probably more so at a lower level as heavier particles will descend rather than rise!!! How so many still fail to see the ridiculous nature of this is baffling.

You haven't thought that part of your rant through, have you? Sit maskless at your seat and spread the virus to those crawling to the seats/toilets, maybe? Ridiculous? Really?

28 minutes ago, scw1987 said:

You haven't thought that part of your rant through, have you? Sit maskless at your seat and spread the virus to those crawling to the seats/toilets, maybe? Ridiculous? Really?

You are well capable of understanding the point being made regarding movement of air in an enclosed space and that mask wearing for minimal duration makes little to no difference other than giving the illusion of being more safe. Yes, I have stated heavier particle droplets will fall, it does not mitigate that there will also be a movement created at the mercy of localised airflows or even hot air conduction from heaters raising other particles (without looking at windows, forced convection etc). Overall in an enclosed indoor space being seated or standing you are no safer than each other, therefore by not wearing a mask for the full duration its pointless and does nothing to minimise risks.

Pedantry of the highest order just to try demonstrate the support of NS and her agendas, its admirable but misplaced IMO.

40 minutes ago, Adamski said:

I went for a PCR test at 8am this morning (in Glasgow). It has been a few months since I last had one. Any idea what the typical waiting times are now for results?

Took my youngest at 9am yesterday and result 12 hrs later.

You are well capable of understanding the point being made regarding movement of air in an enclosed space and that mask wearing for minimal duration makes little to no difference other than giving the illusion of being more safe. Yes, I have stated heavier particle droplets will fall, it does not mitigate that there will also be a movement created at the mercy of localised airflows or even hot air conduction from heaters raising other particles (without looking at windows, forced convection etc). Overall in an enclosed indoor space being seated or standing you are no safer than each other, therefore by not wearing a mask for the full duration its pointless and does nothing to minimise risks.
Pedantry of the highest order just to try demonstrate the support of NS and her agendas, its admirable but misplaced IMO.

So why bring it in, then, stream of consciousness meant you thought it and had to express it? What you posted is undeniably the most ridiculous thing in our convo so far. Until we get to "Pedantry of the highest order just to try demonstrate (sic) the support of NS and her agendas...", of course. Which part of what I posted constitutes pedantry?

And, yes, I did indulge in pedantry in that last quote but you encouraged it...