Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

hand sanitising station outside the sauna with signs saying santising was mandatory :lol: 

:lol:

This is a classic. 

When this thread dies there should be a covid banter years thread listing out all the laughable stuff that happened in this time.

The great scotch egg debate, Tesco in wales banning customers from buying tampons because public health immediately come to mind. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Go on back to your wee trolling thread in the politics forum. 

That's twice this pm you've required posters to cease contributing.

Are these official banishments, an indication of a transitory irascibility or is there an underlying root cause?

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

That's twice this pm you've required posters to cease contributing.

Are these official banishments, an indication of a transitory irascibility or is there an underlying root cause?

Me not wanting to engage Kincardine on politics seems like an odd hill for you to die on but fair play. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Honestly, fair play to you if you are still wearing a mask because Nicola said so. 

What if your employer says so as part of the legally enforceable restrictions imposed on hundreds of thousands of workers every day, because Queen Nicola wants to just care more

You replacing their wages as well as part of your what a rebel strategy? 

Edited by vikingTON

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

What if your employer says so as part of the legally enforceable restrictions imposed on hundreds of thousands of workers every day, because Queen Nicola wants to just care more

You replacing their wages as well as part of your what a rebel strategy? 

Is it really legally enforceable when anyone can self exempt by saying that mask wearing could give them panic attacks (for example)? There are no medical checks AFAIK. 

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As soon as you had self-diagnosed exemptions masking as a strategy was fucked.

Err, it was fucked regardless of exemptions or not given masks are absolutely useless. Are Hong Kong and South Korea currently not masking hard enough? It is hilariously absurd how, since last July when England binned them off, this whole charade has proven what the pre-pandemic discourse actually was around masks: that they are utterly pointless in the general population.

25 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Is it really legally enforceable when anyone can self exempt by saying that mask wearing could give them panic attacks (for example)? There are no medical checks AFAIK. 

In theory, you could be asked to prove in a court of law that you have an exemption. 

However, any attempt to prosecute would almost certainly fail the public interest test, not to mention it would be a textbook case of de minimis.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

School actually is a great example of that with their school uniform and no phones obsession. All it does is provoke negative responses, micro-aggressions from the kids and a range of other destructive, tedious shite. If teachers genuinely treated students like adults there would be huge improvements in school behaviour. Instead of this, a lot of head teachers simply try to get tougher on things like uniforms and all the other things which are causing the problem in the first place.

Your startling ignorance is rivalled only by your boundless arrogance.

Bit of a pest, that we're limping on with masks, when there seems little point.  Probably just a result of having imposed restrictions at Christmas, then seeing cases rise much more recently.

Nothing to get too worked up about though.  Some of the mouthiest twits on here would have been secretly disappointed if their "bed shitting" prophecies had proved unfounded.

Bit of a pest, that we're limping on with masks, when there seems little point.  Probably just a result of having imposed restrictions at Christmas, then seeing cases rise much more recently.

Nothing to get too worked up about though.  Some of the mouthiest twits on here would have been secretly disappointed if their "bed shitting" prophecies had proved unfounded.
Its some impressive blinkers you wear to consistently slag folk off who post in this thread, by posting horrendously batshit takes like this...... In this thread.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There’s your wee cookie cutter post after every update. 

‘im in agreement with you all but I’m not too upset about it as I’m the adult’

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s your wee cookie cutter post after every update. 

‘im in agreement with you all but I’m not too upset about it as I’m the adult’

Kinda, yeah.

Obviously, I'm not in agreement with the hysteria, or the bizarre and seemingly unrelated claim that teachers shouldn't take a view on pupils using phones, or the screeching about Nanny states.  I'm not going to blindly defend the extension to mask rules though, as its a bit daft.  

However, it's really not such a big deal, either In itself or in symbolic terms.  

If reaching and expressing such a view troubles you, I'll live with it.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Kinda, yeah.

Obviously, I'm not in agreement with the hysteria, or the bizarre and seemingly unrelated claim that teachers shouldn't take a view on pupils using phones, or the screeching about Nanny states.  I'm not going to blindly defend the extension to mask rules though, as its a bit daft.  

However, it's really not such a big deal, either In itself or in symbolic terms.  

If reaching and expressing such a view troubles you, I'll live with it.

Your views don’t trouble me at all. In fact, as ever your views on the actual topic at hand are quite mundane and in step with lots of people on here. 

You’ve just dropped in a load of hysteria and highlighted some bad things to give yourself some weird gratification that clearly helps you so who am I to argue.