Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think this has all just gone too far down a rabbit hole of micro “protections” that it’s all gotten a bit ridiculous. 

Someone needs to take a step back and say ‘is it right to impose punitive laws against people for not taking at best minimal and at worst completely redundant measures not to catch a mild virus?’. 

I don’t mean to be disrespectful to someone senior at the nhs but if you’re on the radio saying we need masks ‘to remind people of the pandemic’ then you can seriously f**k off with your patronising drivel. 

If that is the point we've reached then we'd be as well slapping stickers on our foreheads saying "Careful Now".

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I will genuinely be shocked if they don't do a U Turn today. Fingers crossed like, but I dont see masks going next week, or isolation, despite the fact that theres demonstrably little point in either. 

Surely they must see that more and more people are getting rid or not wearing masks completely every week. 

So they either shit the bed (again, nap) or they betray all the insufferable moral nonsense they have been pushing for two full years now.

An absolute fucking gang are in charge of us. Do they expect to be able to mandate what we do with our lives whenever sneeze tracking data is on the rise every winter? They need to rot.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

My gut feeling here is that Sturgeon might well be done with wanting to force us to wear masks.

I think worse case she'll delay it for a few weeks to let the current peak settle down.

I honestly thought she'd never let go but after her surprising announcement last month, it's pretty clear she wants to move on from her covid obsession.

It's the only way they can get independence and a referendum back on the agenda. Not that they really want one, mind.

27 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I don't know actually. I'll need to phone my boss and find out. 

If it's anything like previous changes, those already positive today would be required to ride out the isolation period whilst those testing positive tomorrow would not because the science.

38 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Was gonna say, are the legal self isolation rules meant to be getting scrapped today or is that not the case.

Weren't we told last time that self-isolation in Scotland has always been advisory?

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If it's anything like previous changes, those already positive today would be required to ride out the isolation period whilst those testing positive tomorrow would not because the science.

Aye that's what my boss said. She didn't sound very happy. 

It seems slightly suspicious that I'm doing my only isolation of the pandemic on the final possible day so my name will be mud when I get back. 

Is there a flu/cold bug going about just now? I've just been pretty ill/bedbound for 4 days with most of the symptoms. 2 LFT's and 1 PCR all came back negative but it was a solid 8/10 illness.

Sore dry throat, coughing, sneezing, fever, major tiredness. Was convinced it was covid

Edited by red23

22 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It seems slightly suspicious that I'm doing my only isolation of the pandemic on the final possible day so my name will be mud when I get back. 

You should be used to that. 😉

22 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You should "accidentally" leave a train timetable to Cheltenham on your desk when you get back.

10 minutes ago, red23 said:

Is there a flu/cold bug going about just now? I've just been pretty ill/bedbound for 4 days with most of the symptoms. 2 LFT's and 1 PCR all came back negative but it was a solid 8/10 illness.

Sore dry throat, coughing, sneezing, fever, major tiredness. Was convinced it was covid

the classic "flu like symptoms" is the same for so many viruses because what you feel is your body's reaction to them rather than the virus itself

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

My youngest tested positive on lft this am, so knowing my luck I'll catch it on Sunday and have to isolate.

Fucking snakes. How long is that now we've been the only country in Northern Europe with this fiasco still in law? By April it will be two months by my reckoning and nearly *two full years* they have been in place overall.

Too wee, too poor, too stupid. Cut us off and tow us into the North Atlantic to be sunk.