Coronavirus (COVID-19)

On 13/03/2022 at 19:52, blackislekillie said:
On 13/03/2022 at 19:36, Captain Saintsible said:
You think a covid vaccine would stop you catching smallpox? 

You're missing the point. But you know that already.

I’m missing the point that covid vaccines can stop smallpox? :1eye

you aren’t very bright

and I knew that already 

“Children have been at the back of the queue for benefits right across this pandemic. If they are entitled to a vaccination, they should have access to it if they want it.”

Children have been at the back of the queue for benefits right across this pandemic.

Children have been at the back of the queue

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/14/scientists-call-for-immediate-rollout-of-covid-jab-for-uk-primary-school-children

Other than the 18 months in which we slapped restrictions on adults, closed down entire sectors of the economy, shut people out of outdoor events while just pretending that the infection factories were not responsible for cases, aye? 

Spoiler

893143013_tenor(11).gif.78ad8bcc28953bb00259bc09f00f2663.gif

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Probably won't affect you but the UK has stopped accepting EU or Swiss ID cards instead of passports. It's really dumb, they're just as secure now and only about half of Europeans bother getting a passport. How to help tourism and hospitality recover from Covid..

This.

After receiving German citizenship in December 2019, I applied for and received my 'Personalausweis' / ID Card. When I collected the ID card I then applied for a German passport. The person who handed me my ID card asked if I wanted the same details and photo to be utilised for the passport application, said yes, and all that was needed was another signature.

ID cards being less secure is a Pritti Patel myth.

I don’t believe they’ll shit the bed. 

I think it’s more likely that they’ll be trying to ramp up the shaming of people who choose not to wear masks. They’ll call it a social responsibility and the sensible, safe thing to do if we care about each other blah blah blah. 

I reserve the right to have a heads gone later though. 

I was at the King's Theatre last night to see Stewart Lee. Earlier in the day I received an email from Ambassador Theatre Grouo reminding me that masks had to be worn the entire time I was indoors (bar the usual exceptions).

Presumably the 1000+ other people who were there got the same email. I was in the stalls so can't speak for the 3 circles but happy to report that you could count the number of mask wearers on the fingers of one hand.

People have had enough.

The SNP government have made a rod for their own back, since December’s restrictions. Damned now if the do, damned if they don’t.

Ditch masks will create an outcry from folk who will rightly point out cases are as high as ever and they want “to keep safe”. You could also query the merit in December’s bin fire of the hospitality industry, all caused by Nicola!

!Keep masks and we’ll be a total outlier and surely folk will push back and decide for themselves whether to wear a rag on their face, when the evidence clearlshows they make zero difference.

12 hours ago, Ross. said:

Guess I’ll find out tomorrow when I try and get hold of the b*****ds. Last time I renewed I called a few days before I was due home and it was pretty much free reign of the appointments.

You can do it all online nowadays - I did mine from the Philippines and just had to send off my passport and got the new one (and the old one) back in maybe a month or so.  I think it was an extra £25 for the courier fee.  

Scottish numbers at ‘surging’ levels, ‘record high’ etc… and this WITH mandated facemasks. They couldn’t, surely they couldn’t, have the brass neck to stand up in Holyrood today and say March 21 is no longer ‘the day’? They surely couldn’t have the brass neck to say ‘just think how high the numbers would be if we hadn’t kept facemasks here’. Not even the Scottish Government could have the bare faced cheek to come out with that. The Scottish Government, surely to Christ, with war on NATOs border near Poland, with Ukraine invaded by a nuclear superpower, with massive, massive challenges for ordinary folk facing cost-of-living rises and domestic fuel and petrol prices….. with everything else going on….

They couldn’t stand up there today and tell a highly-vaccinated population after two years of their lives with this, ‘stick with it Scotland, we need you to keep wearing patterned polyester fake leopardskin shite from the stall that sells mobile phone skins slapped over your mouth for a bit longer’….

They couldn’t. Surely. Come on.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Scottish numbers at ‘surging’ levels, ‘record high’ etc… and this WITH mandated facemasks. They couldn’t, surely they couldn’t, have the brass neck to stand up in Holyrood today and say March 21 is no longer ‘the day’? They surely couldn’t have the brass neck to say ‘just think how high the numbers would be if we hadn’t kept facemasks here’. Not even the Scottish Government could have the bare faced cheek to come out with that. The Scottish Overnment, surely to Christ, with war on NATOs border near Poland, with Ukraine invaded by a nuclear superpower, with massive, massive challenges for ordinary folk facing cost-of-living rises and domestic fuel and petrol prices….. with everything else going on….

They couldn’t stand up there today and tell a highly-vaccinated population after two years of their lives with this, ‘stick with it Scotland, we need you to keep wearing patterned polyester fake leopardskin shite from the stall that sells mobile phone skins slapped over you mouth for a bit longer’….

They couldn’t. Surely. Come on.

you seem awfully worked up.....they won't