Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The school kids still need a patch of cloth over their faces on the school bus, in corridors and the like. Only in class can it come off. 

The absurdity of these rules gets me. Like me heading to the gym, wearing a mask from my car to the gym door, then working out for an hour in a big room full of maskless people, then sticking it back on to go back to the car. 

You need to wear a mask to cross the car park?

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Are you talking about Bannatynes?

If so, they never question non maskers.

The point I am making is about the rules and how absurd they are. 

My parents were at a social dance last week. No masks needed...except when going to the bog. They could dance, and dance with their friends, with no masks but the rules say they should mask up to take the lonely walk to the toilet. 

Just now, David W said:

There will be huge variation of  course but my conclusive survey today has about 30% of kids still wearing masks in class. I am surprised.

My son is still for wearing one, weirdo.

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-202100252298/

So at least £5.5 million and absolutely no evidence before or after implementation that the passports did anything to reduce infection rates, have any sort of impact on hospital/ICU admissions or deaths.

It was a colossal waste of money, but I'm not seeing where "at least £5.5m" comes from based on what you posted.

2 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

So at least £5.5 million and absolutely no evidence before or after implementation that the passports did anything to reduce infection rates, have any sort of impact on hospital/ICU admissions or deaths.

It says up to a maximum of £5.5 million and probably less. A fair chunk of the budget would have been necessary for the travel part of the app anyway. The domestic part probably encouraged a few souls to get vaccinated, so wasn't a total loss.

44 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I've got to a point where I can start to see the funny side of things like that now.

It really is hilarious that some very intelligent and high profile scientists actually supported this and that an army of SNP drones went out and aggressively defended it.

In a few years, future generations are going to look back at this behaviour and piss themselves laughing.

It just goes to show you what people will allow themselves to be subjected to if they are frightened enough. They will literally stop thinking for themselves. There are people who would willingly lock themselves indoors for the rest of their lives "for safety" on the word of a politician.

Following on from that, I read an interesting article in yesterday’s Telegraph by their science editor. After receiving information released under a FOI request, minutes from SPI-M showed that by March 16th 2020, modellers were still ‘uncertain’ of case numbers’ due to data limitations’. They also believed that modelling only showed ‘proof of concept’ that lockdowns could help but warned that further work was necessary. In other words SPI-M did not believe the data was in any way complete. Some politicians are now branding this a ‘national scandal’

Whether it is or not, only time will tell, but people are starting to look closely at what happened early on in the pandemic and this will only become a bigger story.

3 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

Millions of people now have a digital ID and their data harvested so job done. 

If secondary school pupils don’t need to wear facemasks in schools, why do adults need to wear facemasks in shopping centres or nipping into a B&Q for a tin of emulsion for another three weeks or so?
Answers on a postcard to ‘We will be governed by data, not dates’ competition, Holyrood, Edinburgh.
They are still wearing them in communal areas and it's up to staff and pupils if they want to wear them in classrooms.

I've not even bothered with Covid discourse since Russia's invasion of Ukraine has understandably finished off all the nonsense. The refugee crisis and need to cross borders, along with the tragedies unfolding in Hong Kong, have truly shown up how disgusting those who pushed 'Zero Covid' are.

4 hours ago, David W said:

There will be huge variation of  course but my conclusive survey today has about 30% of kids still wearing masks in class. I am surprised.

Yip,  I found similar.

To be honest though, I think it really was just force of habit in the main, rather than people wishing to prolong the 'protection' voluntarily.  I think people will quickly get used to not wearing one in certain settings again.  

It shows, however, that the clamour to ditch masks tends to get overstated on here.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They are still wearing them in communal areas and it's up to staff and pupils if they want to wear them in classrooms.

Fcuk me. Classrooms are communal areas of about thirty to forty people. I give up with this shite!

…. Not you, you understand… the arseholes in Holyrood I mean. 😃

Work as a Teaching Assistant in a Secondary School, and it was great in the classroom today. Felt like I could properly communicate with the kids and project my voice. Interestingly though, a lot of them kept masks on which really surprised me.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If social media is any indicator, in some cases it will undoubtedly be strong pressure from their parents. Twitter awash with people saying their kids are going to be told to keep wearing them.

Twitter isn’t representative of the general public though.

Its representative of the well off, middle class, virtue signalling left.

4 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Twitter isn’t representative of the general public though.

Its representative of the well off, middle class, virtue signalling left.

Every time I see a statement like this, I become more convinced that big tech use their algorithms to get a sense of people's political opinions and then push the exact opposite on them. I guess people being wound up generates more clicks than consensus.

I constantly hear right wing people say that every big platform is only there to promote woke soy boy cucks and that conservatives are shut down at every opportunity. And yet I'm pretty much a part of the middle class, virtue signalling left and anyone seeing my recommended content would think I'm a card carrying fascist.

I guess people being wound up generates more clicks than consensus.

I read somewhere this is the case and social media companies, news corporation’s generate headlines that will more than likely anger people, because the more angry they are about something, the more likely they will engage.

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It says up to a maximum of £5.5 million and probably less. A fair chunk of the budget would have been necessary for the travel part of the app anyway. The domestic part probably encouraged a few souls to get vaccinated, so wasn't a total loss.

I reckon Sturgeon could march into your living room and piss all over your chips and you'd say "ach, my dinner didn't taste great anyway". Bizarre you can't just let valid criticism pass.