Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 hours ago, Scosha said:

Anyone else noticed a drop in mask wearing? Went to the cinema tonight at Silverburn, no one wearing them there and only a few walking around the shops. 
Have they ever disclosed what the exact reason was for March 21? 

Following the science of course

6 hours ago, The Master said:

I would take a wager nae c**t is sitting near her anyways 

If anyone asked you could have simply been honest and said you forgot the mask (or claim to be exempt)

But nah, that would be too simple, you gotta make a gesture here and show everyone how much of a brave adult vegetarian you are 

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Just reading Ayr racecourse have taken the decision to have limited attendance at this years Grand National meeting in April. I'm amazed that with no crowds for 2 years and no restrictions that business's continues to operate in this way.

Yeah that's a weird one. AFAIK they didn't limit attendances last year (when the were allowed 100% I mean) so not sure why they have decided to do so now.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yeah that's a weird one. AFAIK they didn't limit attendances last year (when the were allowed 100% I mean) so not sure why they have decided to do so now.

Possibly lack of Staff ? I know quite a few places are struggling to recruit and retain staff at the moment, we've lost at least 4 members of staff to other jobs in the last two weeks .

24 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Possibly lack of Staff ? I know quite a few places are struggling to recruit and retain staff at the moment, we've lost at least 4 members of staff to other jobs in the last two weeks .

Possible. Would seem more plausible than laughably trying to pass it off as being for spectator safety

29 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

We're struggling to get staff at our place too.

It was behind closed doors last year and delayed to the Sunday due to Phil the Greeks funeral. Your thinking of the GC meeting last September

21 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

It was behind closed doors last year and delayed to the Sunday due to Phil the Greeks funeral. Your thinking of the GC meeting last September

I wasn't talking about any specific meeting last year tbf, just meant in general

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

She has virtue-signalled on 3 causes in one post.

1) That she REALLY cares about protecting others.

2) That she supports LGBT rights.

3) The she supports vegetarianism.

That has to be some kind of record.

If there is a God up there I hope he can protect us from these tedious, odious, sanctimonious f**kwits.

FIFY

On 26/02/2022 at 07:27, philpy said:

Night out in Glasgow yesterday,  hardly a mask in sight. Glorious. 

At various points throughout the pandemic, people on this thread (who presumably don't live in Glasgow) have been saying they've gone been for a meal/evening out in Glasgow and how glorious or similar it was as people were acting more like old times. I'm now realising my viewpoint has possibly been massively skewed by living in Glasgow as I really couldn't square how opressive people were describing things compared to what I was seeing.