Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Leitch on STV News recognising he’s now utterly irrelevant. But chumming it up with John and Colin. 

Clownshoes was the same on PM just after 5 on Radio 4. I was actually surprised, he was saying there was very little difference in measures between Scotland and England and more that unites our approaches. I'm not sure Sturgeon would have approved. He did mention future variants though as he scrambled for relevance.

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

Why are hospital number on the rise in Scotland just now? I see ICU numbers continue to drop.

Incidental admissions. As much as 60% of the hospital numbers are not being treated for covid; it is merely an artefact of everyone going in for whatever reason being tested.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The simps on here and on Twitter have gone unbelievably quiet today.

Did something happen? 🤣

Are they waiting for Sturgeon to tell them how to defend her decision today?

Yeah well its just clear populism, imagine not being able to see that hahahahaha! Total dead cat into the roo.......... Wait.... What? This is STV news?

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The simps on here and on Twitter have gone unbelievably quiet today.

Did something happen? 🤣

Are they waiting for Sturgeon to tell them how to defend her decision today?

Who exactly are the simps on here?

I've never been clear on that, or the membership criteria.

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Perhaps they just want to show off how the rug really ties the room together.

Clearly Putin makes guests take their shoes off and Aliev had odd socks on so didn’t want to.

5 hours ago, budmiester1 said:

As an employee I think they can be launched into the sea right now 👍

I'm with you but the customer shite of masks in shops and public transport can go right now. Nobody is choosing the last four weeks of a gubbins mandate as a hill to die on - then everyone should be freed of this nonsense once and for all. 

BBC Scotland this morning interviewed two folk from the shielding community. 

I wasn't expecting quite so much anger, but the two who were on were furious. As far as they see it, removing these "protections" is discriminating against the disabled. It's a human rights violation. 

I think the point really needs to be made - nobody is forcing people to take off masks. If you feel safe with one on, keep it on. If you feel safer not going to the shops, don't go to the shops. If you don't feel safe at a concert/football match/meeting, then don't go. 

Just because the narrative is about ending the legal requirements for these things doesn't mean they are banned. Masks will carry on for many. 

11 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I wasn't expecting quite so much anger, but the two who were on were furious. As far as they see it, removing these "protections" is discriminating against the disabled. It's a human rights violation. 

I think the point really needs to be made - nobody is forcing people to take off masks. If you feel safe with one on, keep it on. If you feel safer not going to the shops, don't go to the shops. If you don't feel safe at a concert/football match/meeting, then don't go. 

Just because the narrative is about ending the legal requirements for these things doesn't mean they are banned. Masks will carry on for many. 

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

How fucking hard is it, if you don't feel safe, don't ever leave your house ever again.

I'm sure many want the restrictions to stay so that they can stay at home and live off the state.

I'm getting really fed up with these types of people. I'm sorry for anyone with any underlying health problems which might put them at greater risk should they catch Covid but why is there a proportion of these people who feel that those who are fit and healthy should continue to have their lives restricted to "protect" them? It's never been the way of things before and it shouldn't be now.

People from all walks of life need to take responsibility for themselves. If you feel safe doing something, go for it. If you don't then give it a miss. It really is that simple - things are starting to move on whether some like it or not. Those who don't will just be left behind.

15 hours ago, Elixir said:

Good.

image.gif

image.gif

Is that not just some Tory boy that set up his own 'hospitality group' to have pot-shots at the SNP?

Just because I agree with him doesn't mean I don't question his motives. Too often this fight against restrictions has been political from both sides. I voted SNP (until about December) but I was never in the camp who seem to accept everything that the SNP do or be against everything that the Tories down south. 

Why can't folk look at this apolitically and just in terms of common sense. Masks are a fucking waste of time and from what I can see have had very little success in preventing the spread. 

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Imagine spending years at university, learning. Imagine then getting a prized place as a PhD student. Then imagine that your job is to collect and count hamster sperm. 

How do they get...

in fact nevermind