Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

I don’t mind testing and small isolation periods being kept, you should stay off work if you’re ill ffs 

People testing less generally means this won’t be a big deal

Everything else, including masks and covid passports, into the bin please 

If there's a particularly bad outbreak of COVID then isolation for five days say, might be a massive problem for businesses. Especially if those people are asymptomatic. 

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Anyone else taken aback a bit by the return of Captain Sensible to P&B after what must be at least a decade?

Can't wait for St. Sid to reappear in the coming weeks.

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Predictions:

1. Covid passports will be removed from next week.

2. Mandatory face coverings will go from next week but they will remain strongly advised and the government will reserve the right to reinstate them.

3. Testing and isolation will stay, although I could see self-isolation becoming more nuanced (e.g., instead of being a crime to leave your home after testing positive, I think they might make it a crime to go to work or attend an indoor public venue, whereas they might legalise going for a walk)

I'd be astonished if she got anywhere close to that but I'd bite your hand off for it right now.

The lack of leaks is increasingly making me anxious there’s no changes on the horizon.
A full NS update of bashing the Tories and presenting a strategic framework with unachievable metrics for dropping measures.
She got a telling off from the presiding officer a couple of months back, about her statement being in the public domain before being presented to parliament. She's had to curb her leakage.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For me, mandatory masking is the big one. Closely followed by vaccine passports. I'd accept a short delay on the latter to get the former today.

She does have the luxury of free tests until April so I don't think there will be an urge to do anything there at all.

As for self-isolation I expect the same unless the staffing crisis within the NHS is still causing issues.

Overall, I honestly can't see her making any changes at the moment though.

I expect her to delay another few weeks.

More on more people aren't bothering with masks now.   Every day I see more faces so clearly more people are taking personal responsibility.   

My prediction about today's statement would be:

NS to criticise the Westminster approach for the its recklessness in abandoning restrictions. (conveniently forgetting the European nations who are doing the same)

Scottish Gov to state desire to keep free provision of LFTs after April 1st.

Isolation requirements to be very marginally relaxed for fully vaccinated.

Annoyingly think masks/face coverings will still be legally mandated. Maybe relaxed in the most politically safe settings (going further in schools etc)

Vaccine passports I can see getting binned.

I hope they do go much further in ditching restrictions, but that would be defying all the Scottish Governments previous action and rhetoric.

Edited by Oceanlineayr