Coronavirus (COVID-19)

33 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

This is it. Boris is an apex opportunist charlatan but at least he’s giving you the option of leading your life your way rather than the State dictating what you can and can’t do. Any idea who his polar opposite might be..? 🤔

Jesus Christ you canny be that thick :lol:

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

An embarassing interview from a leader who has absolutely no clue what to do.

Completely painted herself into a corner by steadfastly refusing to acknowledge the mutation of covid from a serious disease to a bad cold, and completely caught off guard by large parts of Europe (and indeed the rest of the UK) shedding restrictions because she's been too busy playing political optics by ensuring we stay a step or two behind England under the guise of being "cautious."

Tinpot.

If we're still left with any ambiguity about everything bar self-isolation if positive going by the end of next month (the best we can hope for), it is going to be nuclear.

Things like this really fucking trigger me. She should be swiftly pie-booted.
Why, it's totally her choice and will remain so long after mandates are lifted. You can bet your bottom dollar umpteen will continue to do it once mandatory requirement goes, you just need to look at those wearing outside in England during the news voxpops today. Why it would bother someone else to any extent never mind to wanting to "boot them in the pie" is just odd.

10 hours ago, TheScarf said:

People who are still terrified of Covid despite being triple jabbed need to shield for the rest of their lives.  The responsibility needs to be on them and not the rest of society.

It was a wonderful experience walking through the Eastgate shopping centre on the way to the pub on Saturday with my facemask firmly still in my jacket pocket.  No one looks twice at you.

I've binned it everywhere possible now as well - which means work only. The wedding I was at on Saturday night was almost like normality as well, with no fucks being given about anything. 

The only lingering issue at that event and every day is the insistence on masks for staff. It's an absolute farce if they don't get that and vaccine passports to f**k tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

The Scottish Government literally being dragged by the ear, kicking and screaming like a bawling child.

Really?  That sounds amazing.  

You'd think they'd have shown that on the news.  Was it the entire government?  Who was doing the dragging?  Some sort of team effort, was it?

Extraordinary scenes.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Really?  That sounds amazing.  

You'd think they'd have shown that on the news.  Was it the entire government?  Who was doing the dragging?  Some sort of team effort, was it?

Extraordinary scenes.

Not even trying now.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I'd imagine so.

I'll probably still look in though.

Look in what?  A mirror?

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, I'd imagine so.

I'll probably still look in though.

I can’t wait for you to eventually admit that you agree with the majority in this thread in essence, you’re just much more reasonable about it and something about right wing undertones.

Self-isolation in the bin from Thursday and free testing confirmed binned from end of next month in England. Also confirmed that the Coronavirus Act is being almost entirely removed. Fucking beautiful stuff.
That's pretty much what I took from his Parliament speech but he just quite clearly said at the press conference that they would be retaining "contingencies" to reintroduce measures should future variants prove to be worse than Omicron which seems totally at odds with what he announced a few hours before. I suspect that was probably a nod to Witty and Valance who really don't appear to be on the same page going by tonight.

Lassie on BBC news saying she’s been shielding for 2 years and not seen anyone.  She’s outraged the government is removing things like mask wearing, testing & isolation that keep her vulnerable relative safe.

Give me strength.  You chose not to go out when all those things were in place so what difference does it make to you now they’re being removed?

19 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Lassie on BBC news saying she’s been shielding for 2 years and not seen anyone.  She’s outraged the government is removing things like mask wearing, testing & isolation that keep her vulnerable relative safe.

Give me strength.  You chose not to go out when all those things were in place so what difference does it make to you now they’re being removed?

She needs to stay in until the airborne virus magically disappears forever. She was promised that by the zero Covid clowncar brigade - surely they weren't wrong all along? 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I can’t wait for you to eventually admit that you agree with the majority in this thread in essence, you’re just much more reasonable about it and something about right wing undertones.

Back at the start, 99% of folk were right behind all the crazy restrictions.

It’s a bit like the Iraq War where everyone now says they were always against it.

The fact is that 99% of posters on here supported the lunacy. I was one of the very few who was sceptical I’m glad to say. 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

She needs to stay in until the airborne virus magically disappears forever. She was promised that by the zero Covid clowncar brigade - surely they weren't wrong all along? 

I don’t understand what these people expect to happen? It’s never going to go away, do they expect restrictions forever?