Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The Scottish Government literally being dragged by the ear, kicking and screaming like a bawling child. An utterly risible, tinpot gang.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/polit...craps-england/

SCOTTISH ministers are to receive no extra funding to pay for Covid testing when free tests are scrapped in England.
Boris Johnson announced in the Commons today that he plans to get rid of free PCR and Lateral Flow testing in England by the end of March, except in certain circumstances.

37 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'm vaxxed/boosted but I've always fancied a wee jaunt to Ljubljana!

Lovely city. Fairly small, so a couple of days would be plenty, but Slovenia is a beautiful country and well worth spending time in. Pretty much everywhere in the country is no more than 2hr30 from Ljubljana as well, so relatively easy to explore it. Bled (the place in the picture) is excellent. 

2 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Booster jabs for 75+ and those who would have been shielded to take place in the next few months.

Here we go again.

Presume this is to mitigate the risk of no longer requiring isolation and removing "free" testing. A cynic might say it's an attempt to shut up some of the most vocal critics of this (it won't). 

Hopefully it won't start a new round of goalpost shifting, which is not desirable. I'll tolerate an annual booster, but I've had three jags already in the space of 10 months and it's getting weary. The cost of buying the vaccines is one thing, but the use of resources is another. My GP surgery is a vaccination site and therefore delivers a number of vaccination clinics. This is all good and well and I agree it was the right course of action thus far, but it's time that the GPs (a service that is under pressure at the best of times) cannot see patients, some who will have very serious health problems. If if does end up dropping down, you have to start seriously questioning why vaccinating a 32 year old with no underlying health conditions (using myself as an example) is a good use of the GP's time. 

Edited by Michael W

For all the other stuff Starmer does reasonably well I cannot bring myself to like a man who has been so consistently wrong on the single biggest issue that has ever affected my life. I am the definition of politically homeless atm. Enjoying the utter p***k of a man, Boris Johnson, handing these unintelligent control freaks their arse to them...

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

For all the other stuff Starmer does reasonably well I cannot bring myself to like a man who has been so consistently wrong on the single biggest issue that has ever affected my life. I am the definition of politically homeless atm. Enjoying the utter p***k of a man, Boris Johnson, handing these unintelligent control freaks their arse to them...

Starmer is merely another populist almost identical to BJ, although a little more refined. 

He's basically a reincarnation of Blair both in political outlook and personal ambition.

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

This is it. Boris is an apex opportunist charlatan but at least he’s giving you the option of leading your life your way rather than the State dictating what you can and can’t do. Any idea who his polar opposite might be..? 🤔

25 minutes ago, sophia said:

Well done you, you really socked it to the man.

Did the whole pub cheer when you regaled them with your tales of derring-do?

No but they said my fellow The Caley fan ‘sophia’ was a fucking danger.

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Feel a bit sick actually wishing for once that Johnson was making decisions for Scotland instead of Sturgeon. 

It is the utterly appalling situation the Scottish Government have forced on so many of us because of their absurd self-righteous crusade. The conduct of 'progressives' around the world these past two years has permanently altered my political outlook in some areas.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

And here's more rank entitlement from a respondent on the BBC following Boris's announcement to end restrictions:-

This woman won't even do the bare minimum like getting herself and her partner vaccinated but is happy to pile in with a moan about restrictions being lifted making her feel unsafe. Honestly these entitled p***ks can f**k right off.

I'm actually on the verge of a complete heads gone with these types of people now. 🤣

Jen Davies, from Sleights, North Yorkshire, has been shielding since February 2020, with health issues including a suppressed immune system and heart issues. Her partner Alan Backhouse is her full-time carer - they have chosen not to be vaccinated because of fears of reactions to the vaccine.

She says they have few visitors, but those who do come are asked to wear masks, gloves and aprons and her partner sanitises every item that gets delivered to their home. They plan to continue living this way.

Jen says the restrictions being lifted comes "at a very wrong time" for them.

That is absolutely unbelievable. Talk about a lack of self awareness. 

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

It is the utterly appalling situation the Scottish Government have forced on so many of us because of their absurd self-righteous crusade. The conduct of 'progressives' around the world these past two years has permanently altered my political outlook in some areas.

“Progressives” is another term for the middle class left

And the middle class left despise the working class 

An embarassing interview from a leader who has absolutely no clue what to do.

Completely painted herself into a corner by steadfastly refusing to acknowledge the mutation of covid from a serious disease to a bad cold, and completely caught off guard by large parts of Europe (and indeed the rest of the UK) shedding restrictions because she's been too busy playing political optics by ensuring we stay a step or two behind England under the guise of being "cautious."

Tinpot.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Scotgov doing absolutely nothing to oppose the "too small" argument, given that they are literally acting like stubborn children.

Pathetic.

You could argue 'too stupid' as well, sadly, given all-cause mortality is below the five-year, pre-pandemic average and we have 11 folk in ICU nation wide.

They don't have the minerals to commit to making the biggest decisions.