Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm just throwing this out there, but surely if you're not wanting to isolate or bother about whether you're following rules / breaking the law, then it would be much simpler to just never get tested at all, unless of course you have no option through work etc ??
The need for testing seems pretty ridiculous now in any case, given the fact that the virus appears to have developed into nothing more sinister than the common cold.

How do they even enforce it anyway?
I’m not sure what I’ll do if i was to get it after the need to isolate is gone, I’ll likely go out for some fresh air and exercise. Go to a drive through, might nip into a shop for something. I wouldn’t go mental just yet. Not sure if i had a holiday booked tho ..

2 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

How do they even enforce it anyway?
I’m not sure what I’ll do if i was to get it after the need to isolate is gone, I’ll likely go out for some fresh air and exercise. Go to a drive through, might nip into a shop for something. I wouldn’t go mental just yet. Not sure if i had a holiday booked tho ..

As someone who has pretty bad hay fever, then I can assure you that I fully intend to be carrying out my life as normal irrespective of having "symptoms" or not.

It's just not feasible in the real world for people to take a "test" every time they sneeze or have a runny nose etc and surely the authorities must understand this.

Over and above this, I'm pretty sure giving someone the "rona" when it's as mild as it is should probably be seen as a positive as opposed to anything else ??

Just now, Lyle Lanley said:

Boris confirming all restrictions to end in England. So Scotland are the only nation left in the UK with restrictions. 

Over to you NS tomorrow. 

Tomorrow will be the gnashing of teeth and wailing into the ether about how unfair it all is. 

Restrictions lifted a few weeks later.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Self-isolation in the bin from Thursday and free testing confirmed binned from end of next month in England. Also confirmed that the Coronavirus Act is being almost entirely removed. Fucking beautiful stuff.

Does this affect the rest of the UK or just England? 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Tomorrow will be the gnashing of teeth and wailing into the ether about how unfair it all is. 

Restrictions lifted a few weeks later.

Wouldn't be surprised if that happens. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Self-isolation in the bin from Thursday and free testing confirmed binned from end of next month in England. Also confirmed that the Coronavirus Act is being almost entirely removed. Fucking beautiful stuff.

Johnson showing genuine leadership today, while we all know we will get toys out the pram wailing tomorrow.

Pathetic. Starmer is an utter loser as well.

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Really? Even @Dawson Park Boy has been away at least a couple of times, and was staggered to learn that Scottish restrictions have been pretty light touch in comparison.

Of course, we've been truly spoiled for choice for normal international travel experiences these past two years!

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

It'll be interesting to see her response when its pointed out that numerous other countries are doing away with restrictions, not just England.

Will it be reckless Scandinavians / Europeans or some bullshit about how we just don't know? I'll reserve a full heads gone until tomorrow but I reckon we'll be left with the shitty end of the stick (again) in comparison to elsewhere.

But it won’t be pointed out. The journalists at these things never question the official narrative 

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

People who are still terrified of Covid despite being triple jabbed need to shield for the rest of their lives.  The responsibility needs to be on them and not the rest of society.

It was a wonderful experience walking through the Eastgate shopping centre on the way to the pub on Saturday with my facemask firmly still in my jacket pocket.  No one looks twice at you.

Well done you, you really socked it to the man.

Did the whole pub cheer when you regaled them with your tales of derring-do?

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'm vaxxed/boosted but I've always fancied a wee jaunt to Ljubljana!

Personally I'm fully vaccinated however I really don't see any reason why people who have chosen NOT to be vaccinated should be treated any differently from those who have.

Ok, maybe their travel insurance should be a little more expensive but other than that they're no more a risk to anyone else than I am. Yes, they may catch it and require hospital treatment but that should be where the insurance kicks in.

I also see no reason why our Government are persisting with this idiotic / completely pointless passenger locator form and again I don't know why there's not been more pushback on this from the media / business groups.

Whatever way you look at it, there's still lots of stuff around this which makes totally no sense at all....