Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

The world's shittest, (Airdrie fan) dentist, everyone.

843612228_tenor(29).gif.6b11e37fbc95344c4dc73ea27194c7fd.gif

The dentist will be a seething mess when all remaining restrictions are lifted here. 

18 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Did she not send some minion out to flat out deny it was ever a thing?

Wonder what draft of the framework the SG are on now btw - must be brutal having to rewrite it everytime another country removes restrictions.

Wild to see countries all over Europe binning restrictions months before Leitch reckoned people in Edinburgh could have an outdoor party...

If the SG don't announce the same on Tuesday do we think we will see more backlash than at Christmas time especially since the rest of the UK, ireland and most of Europe are removing them?

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

That was @Donathan

He didn't quote a source though.

They live streamed their weekly online meeting on Youtube yesterday, so one would assume they are still here.

My source was @cjsnowdon on twitter but he has now confirmed that his source has messed up and they have no intention of going anywhere. Shame really. 

19 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Tummy tickling could well be regarded as weird or creepy behaviour.

Is this a Dumfries thing?

Is this how the people of Dumfries settle drunken arguments instead of a good old fashioned pavement dance and a few empty air punches?

Nah, it was more of a reference to the childish quests for approval we see from the Main Players on here.

Don't worry about it if you missed that though.

Bit of a devils advocate here, but I was out in the city centre earlier.

Was in one of the larger more popular shops, that was as you can imagine on a Saturday afternoon mobbed

I seen around 10/12 individuals walking about with a Mask Exempt lanyard.

Now if we are to believe that not wearing a mask puts others at risk, then why are these people being allowed inside shops for non essential shopping?

Surely they’re putting others at risk and should be told to beat it. You can order it online 

45 minutes ago, steve55 said:

interesting:  

Dr John Campbell has been making this very point on his Youtube channel in recent weeks. The Omicron variant has been great for the world allowing a much more effective level of T cell protection against future infection than any vaccines could offer. 

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

12 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Boris Johnson set to drop isolation rules in England soon. 
Meanwhile Scotland still about 3 steps behind because Nicola cares more. 

I'll genuinely be shocked if we see this in Scotland before this time next year. I expect the 'strategic framework' to bin masks everywhere by mid to late March, except in healthcare settings and the token gesture of public transport, possibly in shops as well. With these being reviewed 'at a later date'. Vaxx passports probably somewhere around the same time, with 'Test and Protect'/OCD mass testing only done away with when the UK Government pull the funding plug.

Hopefully they're fully bounced into following Ireland and Denmark, etc, but I just can't imagine the optics of them not continuing to drag and show their 'caring concern' for some time yet. The hypocrisy given their rhetoric these past two years will shatter the spirit of the Psycho Brigade.

Did they just stop following the data/science when it stopped suiting them again, btw, seeing as there's only a whopping 11 punters in ICU with ole rona?

Edited by Elixir

43 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I'll genuinely be shocked if we see this in Scotland before this time next year. I expect the 'strategic framework' to bin masks everywhere by mid to late March, except in healthcare settings and the token gesture of public transport, possibly in shops as well. With these being reviewed 'at a later date'. Vaxx passports probably somewhere around the same time, with 'Test and Protect'/OCD mass testing only done away with when the UK Government pull the funding plug.

Hopefully they're fully bounced into following Ireland and Denmark, etc, but I just can't imagine the optics of them not continuing to drag and show their 'caring concern' for some time yet. The hypocrisy given their rhetoric these past two years will shatter the spirit of the Psycho Brigade.

Did they just stop following the data/science when it stopped suiting them again, btw, seeing as there's only a whopping 11 punters in ICU with ole rona?

up untill now I'd agree with you but the sheer rate at which covid restrictions are being lifted around the world means that they are swimming against the tide now. mandatory isolation is something we have all largely accepted without much controversy (unlike most other rules) but just like a lot of other rules, it is one that is impossible to police or enforce except for token spot checks. plus you could always just not bother to test

I'd even say, as part of the "de-risking " of covid, we need to move away from the idea that all covid cases must be avoided as far as possible, some obviously will be depending on the individual, but for the healthy majority catching this virus will just be a fact of life 

See the source image

Edited by effeffsee_the2nd

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

But you're not playing Devil's Advocate.

You're asking why we are not having a go at those with lanyards and asking why we don't operate a 2-tier society.

The problem is Sturgeon and her obsessive control freakery. And that's where ANY criticism should stay focussed IMO.

I’m just saying, if we are being told not wearing a mask can kill people then surely the group who can’t wear a mask shouldn’t be allowed in non essential shops to help stop the spread of the virus and save lives!

Or maybe since absolutely anyone can claim they’re mask except we can just drop the mask mandate altogether