Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Which was my original point, that you’ve already paid the Tories’ pals more than enough to have 5 free tests a day for everyone in the country til the heat death of the universe and it’s coming to an end is only something that could be celebrated uncritically by the very hardest of thinking. 

Nope. The ending of free tests is another way we rein in the obsession, hypochondria and fear. You're the one who seems chipper about the Big Bad Tories making a coin, not me.

Are the NHS tests the ones the CDC said 'belong in the trash', by the way? I can't remember now.

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

You're the one who seems chipper about the Big Bad Tories making a coin, not me.

Are the NHS ones the ones the CDC said 'belong in the trash', by the way? I can't remember now.

I’m not sure how you can read that into what I wrote but I *think* the last time we interacted was when you were asserting  South Africa was a majority white country. Apologies if that wasn’t you, you very much all sound the same in here. 

I’ve no idea what the CDC said about any tests but I can tell you the tests I’ve taken in the US and the NHS test I took on a visit back to Scotland last October were similar enough that I’m not sure of any difference between them. 

Edited by carpetmonster

On 14/02/2022 at 19:37, Billy Jean King said:
On 14/02/2022 at 19:21, Glennie said:
indeed but its still some tweet given the jab blood clotting concerns

Do you wear compression stockings when flying ???

are blood clotting concerns only allowed for pre approved topics?

Ok, I get the endemic thing. I get why the restrictions should be relaxed.
But why, when Covid is still in its infancy compared to flu, should we put the clinically vulnerable in the same firing line as the rest of the population?
Feel free to grind me down with scientific/medical data.
This.

There's a lot of shit comparisons with colds and flu - for the clinically vulnerable that still isn't the case.

Targeted testing has a role in the short run - in any case it's probably more cost effective than having the clinically vulnerable admitted to hospital.

are blood clotting concerns only allowed for pre approved topics?
Absolutely not hence my question as you are as likely if not more to suffer a DVT from flying as you are from a Covid vaccine hence me asking if you take the recommended mitigation if you feel you are at risk before getting on a flight given your obvious concern about suffering similar from the jab.

9 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This.

There's a lot of shit comparisons with colds and flu - for the clinically vulnerable that still isn't the case.

Targeted testing has a role in the short run - in any case it's probably more cost effective than having the clinically vulnerable admitted to hospital.

Prevention is cheaper than cure. It's also the decent thing to do.

9 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I’m not sure how you can read that into what I wrote but I *think* the last time we interacted was when you were asserting  South Africa was a majority white country. Apologies if that wasn’t you, you very much all sound the same in here. 

I’ve no idea what the CDC said about any tests but I can tell you the tests I’ve taken in the US and the NHS test I took on a visit back to Scotland last October were similar enough that I’m not sure of any difference between them. 

🥴

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This.

So why are deaths *absolutely nowhere near* what they were in April 2020 or January 2021, and why are deaths now *below* the five-year pre-pandemic average for the fifth consecutive week?

4 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Prevention is cheaper than cure. It's also the decent thing to do.

What is this pish?  Show me your workings on how the SG preventions were the most cost effective way of managing Covid-19.  Please ensure that you include lost economic output, increased government expenditure and reduced taxation in you undoubtedly detailed explanation of how prevention was cheaper.

If the above is too much effort then just explain to me how insisting on testing school aged children was cheaper than just letting them catch Covid and being off school for a few days.  That should be easier for you to explain.

Sturgeon is obviously able to announce via Twitter during parliamentary recess that the weans can be jagged against the glorified cold they shake off in a day anyway, but obviously telling us when the remaining pointless theatre will be canned like every other country in Northern Europe is a bridge too far.

C**t.

47 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Sturgeon is obviously able to announce via Twitter during parliamentary recess that the weans can be jagged against the glorified cold they shake off in a day anyway, but obviously telling us when the remaining pointless theatre will be canned like every other country in Northern Europe is a bridge too far.

C**t.

That's just plain wrong.

Took my kid 3 days when she had it last week. 😉

If we hadn't been in covid times, she would have been at school with her mildly sore throat. (OK she'd have been off 48 hours because she threw up)

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

That's just plain wrong.

Took my kid 3 days when she had it last week. 😉

If we hadn't been in covid times, she would have been at school with her mildly sore throat. (OK she'd have been off 48 hours because she threw up)

For goodness sake!!

Surely you can see the point he’s making?

You've basically confirmed what he said.