Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Is it not the case atm that while electronic signatures are being accepted now to speed up the process, Scots Law still requires the solicitor to hold a wet signed copy?
That being the case there's not a whole lot that the lenders can do about.
It's the same with the nonsense that is discharging a mortgage.

It's a complete joke that you need a solicitor to do something in Scotland that's free in England and Wales.

3 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

This could probably go in the PTTGOYN thread as well but when your on a work call and your colleague ends it with "Stay Safe", now I know it's probably force of habit for some people but get that in the fuckin bin immediately 

People have stopped preceding emails with "I hope you are well".

I take it they all wish me dead now.

I do find it slightly amusing that Humza reckons telling people that 1 in every 30 people testing positive for Covid is a good example of controlling transmission.

On top of this, the point he wants to highlight - "Closing nightclubs and banning vertical drinking reduced covid transmission by 50% compared to England" seems incredibly unlikely, and ignores other important variables (like previous rates).

Overall it's just a really shite point, badly communicated.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I do find it slightly amusing that Humza reckons telling people that 1 in every 30 people testing positive for Covid is a good example of controlling transmission.

On top of this, the point he wants to highlight - "Closing nightclubs and banning vertical drinking reduced covid transmission by 50% compared to England" seems incredibly unlikely, and ignores other important variables (like previous rates).

Overall it's just a really shite point, badly communicated.

Imagine thinking such insignificant differences, when Scotland has greater rural populations and lower density than England, is in any way a worthwhile trade off for what they did over the Festive period. Such an out of touch bunch of losers. No wonder they will never deliver independence for Scotland.

I went to Culzean earlier. A big massive outdoor space for walking and a stupid "keep a distance" logo laminate has been put beside the swan pond path. No idea if it was an NTS thing or some lone weirdo. Get shite like that in the bin. You're outdoors and may pass someone on a path for 1 second. No need to be paranoid. Folk like that will never go back to pre March 2020 ways of life.

After being bashed around for the last few weeks that must have felt good for Boris to dish out some personal 'dunking' to feel better about himself.
Boris could have been less insulting and maybe actually funny had he jokingly pointed out Blackford's choice of tie with that shirt and that suit,
Nothing like a PM's question time where they all can behave like adults though.
Blackford was interviewed by John Beattie about it. He confirmed he is not mates with Boris behind the scenes as Boris claimed.
Wonder why he never claimed that was a downright lie and thus misleading parliament ?
To be fair he did not deny eating far more cake ?

That's 3 LAs I work with plus another major public body issued emails over the last 24hrs advising staff they have no intention of considering a move away from the WFH position until at least 31 March when they will review the possibility of a phased move to a more hybrid model. The genie is well and truly out the bottle for WFH in the public sector at least. The way they work has changed for good, definitely a "new normal" emerging here. While my work involves a fair chunk of work with LAs it's not my job in it's entirety however I'm glad I am in the countdown to earlyish retirement. I've already accepted that WFH is going to be the default position but the thought of 10, 20 or more years of it would be depressing.

9 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Didn’t Denmark do this before before scurrying back to restrictions against a month or so later?

Denmark has been more liberal and open more than Scotland throughout the pandemic, with considerably better health outcomes. Granted, they don't have the same numbers of obese and alcoholic messes that we have.

Should Scotland no longer view small, successful countries like Denmark as a blueprint for independence? What about Ireland binning off restrictions and vaccine passports as well? Neither nation planning to make emergency powers permanent either.

34 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Saw you on tv last night though at Tynecastle.......ugly bloke Union Flag hoodie?

Oafttt, the state of this.

Not that I was keeping abreast of how Denmark was, in general, doing it's Covid restrictions but when I went a few months ago it was a lot stricter than over here at the time and there was a big demonstration and march in Copenhagen.

During this march I saw someone set off a firework in protest that smashed off a nearby building and exploded back in the middle of the crowd. 

Quite an apt metaphor for an anti-vaxxer really. 

45 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's 3 LAs I work with plus another major public body issued emails over the last 24hrs advising staff they have no intention of considering a move away from the WFH position until at least 31 March when they will review the possibility of a phased move to a more hybrid model. The genie is well and truly out the bottle for WFH in the public sector at least. The way they work has changed for good, definitely a "new normal" emerging here. While my work involves a fair chunk of work with LAs it's not my job in it's entirety however I'm glad I am in the countdown to earlyish retirement. I've already accepted that WFH is going to be the default position but the thought of 10, 20 or more years of it would be depressing.

Can only speak for the people in my work but the vast majority seem pretty happy with the idea of some kind of hybrid working in he future. A lot of that though is the move in recent years to a flexible desking policy where you don't have a specific desk you sit at and instead use whatever desks are empty when you arrive. The pandemic has exacerbated this with people having to book a desk before coming in, keep social distancing and not being able to go and speak to other people at their desks so most people think they might as well be at home if they're having to phone colleagues to ask them a question. Even if a larger scale returns to the office happens in the near future I can't imagine too many of the restrictions being eased for a while by which point Hybrid working will probably be the new normal as you say.

A lot of people, especially older staff who have worked there a long time I think feel that the 'community' feeling of the job is going to be ripped out of it.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

After being bashed around for the last few weeks that must have felt good for Boris to dish out some personal 'dunking' to feel better about himself.

Boris could have been less insulting and maybe actually funny had he jokingly pointed out Blackford's choice of tie with that shirt and that suit,

Nothing like a PM's question time where they all can behave like adults though.

"Body shaming" being discussed on Radio Scotland now off the back of Boris comments yesterday.