Coronavirus (COVID-19)

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I said it in this thread when they put out the consultation. This is fucking outrageous and should be opposed by every single person in Scotland. 

Hope most politicians reject this. They can get to f**k.

46 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

You should see the state of the Reddit thread discussing it

You’d think Scotland isn’t one of the most vaccinated counties in the world reading some of these comment

The number of people who cannot get vaccinated must be minuscule in comparison to the general population 

Edit: Doesn’t matter if you’re at risk or not, it’s about peoples feelings 

“I'm fine with this because I'm not a psychopath who has no concern for others feelings. If it helps someone feel a little more comfortable I am more than happy to make a small adjustment.”

That sub will defend the SG on everything. Probarly the same people who will defend the SG on twitter. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

9 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

This absolutely must not be allowed to pass.

The SNP have to allow their MSPs a free vote on this given the importance. If not they are simply not fit to be in government.

I don't see any way it doesn't tbh.

The SNP & Green MSPs will support it unanimously, as they are obliged to.

11 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

This absolutely must not be allowed to pass.

The SNP have to allow their MSPs a free vote on this given the importance. If not they are simply not fit to be in government.

I really hope it doesn't, but I can't see it failing. No-one in the SNP will object and the Greens will kowtow like they did on vaccine passports (a far less serious issue than this). 

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I don't see any way it doesn't tbh.

The SNP & Green MSPs will support it unanimously, as they are obliged to.

The Greens absolutely should reject such a power grab.

I’d understand offering support if these proposals were caveated that they will be subject to a parliamentary vote, but suggesting they can be  implemented on a whim is too much.

If they have any backbone they should resign their positions if forced to vote this through.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

image.png.25ade40bac548b7a367b1585de2a2af0.png

The Scottish Government is basically a tinpot dictatorship at this point. Imagine this was some ex-Soviet bloc country or other unstable nation pushing it - it would be met with the ridicule it deserves. Embarrassing.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

I just noticed the SG are paying to promote these ads on FB also 

62C4F64B-6C1E-4CEC-8922-E07C391B2ADC.jpeg

Keep your windows open during winter when energy prices have doubled 

Just more fantasy island junk dreamt up by people who don't live in the real world.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Which bill is the worst and what part of that bill really grinds your gears?

Almost the whole of this shitshow.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-recovery-reform-scotland-bill-fairer-scotland-duty-impact-assessment-fsdia/

Most concerning in everything through is the thinking that the government should be able to impose such measures without the support of parliament.

4 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Almost the whole of this shitshow.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-recovery-reform-scotland-bill-fairer-scotland-duty-impact-assessment-fsdia/

Most concerning in everything through is the thinking that the government should be able to impose such measures without the support of parliament.

It’s the entire brass neck of championing the benefits of carrying out certain tribunals remotely so let’s just keep all powers to lockdown society permanent. 

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Which bill is the worst and what part of that bill really grinds your gears?

A quick glance doesn't reveal anything controversial but there's a hell of a lot to go through. Any extraordinary and draconian powers hidden away in there should be excised, stuck in a locked drawer and only enacted with parliamentary approval in case of an emergency.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

A quick glance doesn't reveal anything controversial but there's a hell of a lot to go through. Any extraordinary and draconian powers hidden away in there should be excised, stuck in a locked drawer and only enacted with parliamentary approval in case of an emergency.

Fucking hell. I think this might just be a greeny for Welshy.

I mean I could somewhat understand it if there was a plethora of evidence to support them, but the reality is, over the last 22 months, the impact of face coverings in real world settings has been close to zero.

I just don't get why they view them with such strategic benefit.

14 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I mean I could somewhat understand it if there was a plethora of evidence to support them, but the reality is, over the last 22 months, the impact of face coverings in real world settings has been close to zero.

I just don't get why they view them with such strategic benefit.

I’m starting to think the point in the face masks is just to make people feel better

Similar to these silly badges

Its not serving a practice reason anymore.

12 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Does seem a lot of emphasis on using the technology available rather than written, which has become very much the normal now during the pandemic. During the pandemic I've had to use electronic transmission of documents and its so much simpler and quicker to deal with. Bank of Scotland keep up ffs.

I've had to use electronic document signing a few times during the pandemic.  I'm all for it.  Got my mortgage renewal papers through the other day (Scottish Widows) and it was still good old wet signature and a witness required.  I've had mortgages in the past that have used electronic signing and no need for witnesses but most of the big lenders are still stuck in the dark ages with this stuff.

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

I've had mortgages in the past that have used electronic signing and no need for witnesses but most of the big lenders are still stuck in the dark ages with this stuff.

Is it not the case atm that while electronic signatures are being accepted now to speed up the process, Scots Law still requires the solicitor to hold a wet signed copy?

That being the case there's not a whole lot that the lenders can do about.

29 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Is it not the case atm that while electronic signatures are being accepted now to speed up the process, Scots Law still requires the solicitor to hold a wet signed copy?

That being the case there's not a whole lot that the lenders can do about.

No idea if thats the law or not.  The mortgage I had was on property in Scotland but via an English lender.  They never followed up to get a wet signature copy.