Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Screenshot_2022-01-25-15-08-34-780_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.5c5b82753c8e8cb58565a13a09b0b058.jpg

I'm struggling to understand the mindset of these people. All the restrictions, masks and the vaccines have not succeeded in reducing infection to any level that can be described as under control. The only thing that works is isolating. 

It's like the woman greeting about the worker's mask in Costa. If she is genuinely worried about the virus why is she even going into a coffee shop? 

As an immune compromised / vulnerable person, I am becoming a little bit fed up with people speaking on my behalf.

I didn't feel any different before covid, and I don't now either.

As expected, Denmark join Ireland and England in the dangerous and unethical experiment department. Restrictions in the bin next week. Sturgeon certainly likes to cite them when it suits her narrative. Covid bed wetters and conspiracy fruit cakes in the mud!

I wonder, will there be the same mewling over there that we see here? Doubtful.

Oh yeah, and Denmark are doing this while case numbers are still breaking records. This virus really is that shan now. I think we're going to see restrictions falling like dominoes across Europe in the coming months, with Italy, France, Germany and Austria being the last to crack. It will be like the Berlin Wall coming down.

Edited by Elixir

I am vaguely aware of who this person is, I beleive they write for some online publications but spend most of their time generating clicks on Twitter.  This is the horsehoe theory of Covid, where zero-Coviders and anti-vaxxers unite.
FJ7sfh2WYAAlcs4?format=jpg&name=medium

lol Arthur Chu

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

The framing that criticism of restrictions is a wholly right-wing position is baffling to say the least. 

Crikey, that certainly would be baffling.

Has anyone done that?  Anywhere?  I've not seen it myself, but it must be there if you say it is.

41 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

As an immune compromised / vulnerable person, I am becoming a little bit fed up with people speaking on my behalf.

I didn't feel any different before covid, and I don't now either.

Feel the same. 

Cringe at some of my acquaintances that want the rest of the country to suffer to protect them. It's time to take some personal responsibility. Wear a mask if you want to, avoid crowded places if you want but no one else should have to. 

Now we have a Covid specific lanyard and badge anyone caught wearing a sunflower lanyard that doesn't need a bit more help or time to retain their independence ought to face 10 years at her majesties pleasure as a minimum.

Edited by 101

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Pfizer started testing omicron variant vaccine in Belgium today. Expected to be in use March if trials go as expected.
Tbh I can't even remember the news that the vaccines had changed for Delta. Maybe they haven't.

Is there anything more pointless than a glorified cold specific vaccine? Existing boosters are more than adequate.

From Communist Michie's husband. No surprise to see this 'near certainty' was categorically wrong. Bet he is gutted the health service didn't fall over and folk weren't dying in the streets. Very sick individuals.

8 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Pfizer started testing omicron variant vaccine in Belgium today. Expected to be in use March if trials go as expected.
Tbh I can't even remember the news that the vaccines had changed for Delta. Maybe they haven't.

They didn't change the vaccines for Delta.  this Omicron one will be the first tweaked vaccine.

16 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Feel the same. 

Cringe at some of my acquaintances that want the rest of the country to suffer to protect them. It's time to take some personal responsibility. Wear a mask if you want to, avoid crowded places if you want but no one else should have to. 

I don't know if the people making these statements on my behalf fall into the category they say needs protecting or not, but even if they do, they shouldn't be using their platform to imply that their views are representitive of everyone like them.

On a different note, NS defending her covid response by claiming 2/3rds of people support her choices isn't the home run she wants to represent it as either. A popular political leader demonstrating popular support for her policies is not the same as showing those policies were right or effective in any way.

Edited by Todd_is_God

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Take a vaccine for a cold. 

How many people are going to be up for that? 

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

On a different note, NS defending her covid response by claiming 2/3rds of people support her choices isn't the home run she wants to represent it as either. A popular political leader demonstrating popular support for her policies is not the same as showing those policies were right or effective in any way.

Aye if the Tories used the same logic on immigration or crime Sturgeon would be up in arms.

27 minutes ago, Michael W said:

You clearly don't read your own posts, then. 

I usually do.  A damn good read in my view.  Often I find myself nodding in enthusiastic agreement.

I generally qualify my remarks and avoid attributing anything "wholly" to anything else. The world isn't usually like that in my experience.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

48 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

lol Arthur Chu

I had only seen him teeeted onto my timeline for cringe value. I Googled him and now see he was a controversial contestant on Jeopardy and became involved in ‘gamergate’. Strangely it seems his wife divorced him because his poor hygiene caused their home to become infested by ants.

I wonder what his P&B login is.

23 minutes ago, 101 said:

Now we have a Covid specific lanyard and badge anyone caught wearing a sunflower lanyard that doesn't need a bit more help or time to retain their independence ought to face 10 years at her majesties pleasure as a minimum.

Her majesty doesn't have 10 years of pleasure left I reckon. In fact this year might not be much pleasure.

8 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

People like taking drugs.

I used to. Now they are more medicinal than recreational so not as much fun.