Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Like what?

As @Left Back points out, there is little point looking for new imported variants after people are here because, by the time you sequence and identify it, it's already here and being seeded.

ETA do you ever think anything a member of the SG says about covid is daft, or is your default position simply "must defend"

Do you ever think anything a member of the SG says about covid is rational, or is your default position simply "must attack"? Yes, it is, but never Boris for some reason. You're far more politically biased at this game than I am.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Any idea how you caught it?

Almost definitely at work. Weirdly, I felt heavy flu symptoms for a couple of days last week but was returning negative antigens. Only tested positive on Saturday via a PCR. Now I have a sore throat & congestion but nothing which would, under normal circumstances, keep me off work.

5 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Almost definitely at work. Weirdly, I felt heavy flu symptoms for a couple of days last week but was returning negative antigens. Only tested positive on Saturday via a PCR. Now I have a sore throat & congestion but nothing which would, under normal circumstances, keep me off work.

I think is the usual story with this variant.  It's good that you are okay.

I think the self examination has to end for most people. Before people said you could only catch it once but now people are catching it 2 or 3 times, maybe even more. Self examination has to finish for the time being at least.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Similar here. The other half is negative & WFH but I'm riddled. Quite enjoying being a lazy shite, watching telly all day, while she spends her days on zoom & answering calls.

theres a lot to be said for this actually, the last time i had a proper bad flu, about 9 years ago, I layed in bed for 3 or 4 days, stuffed my face with shite and done a power of chugging. it was awesome and something ( you might not believe this part!) that i wouldn't normally be able to do

53 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Do you ever think anything a member of the SG says about covid is rational, or is your default position simply "must attack"? Yes, it is, but never Boris for some reason. You're far more politically biased at this game than I am.

^^^ lot of words for "no"

I don't believe the SG are particularly rational when it comes to covid, no. So when they say something I think is daft then I'll highlight it and offer a reason as to why I feel that is the case. That, whether you agree with my views or not, is a normal thing to do. Regarding BJ, it's inconvenient that the most rational response to Covid, and the one which appears to have an exit plan, is being led by a Conservative PM who can't brush his hair or find a suit that fits. However I believe it's the best approach to covid.

You, on the other hand, always defend but rarely (if ever) provide any reasoning as to why you agree with them. You just know you do because of who has said it. That's not a normal thing to do.

In fact the only time you've ever spoken out against them was when their rules finally inconvenienced you in some way.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Also, the winter exit wave was well in the ballpark of a reasonably bad flu season that we would always accept without a second thought pre-pandemic. Deaths ('with covid') peaking at ~200 a day in England and less than ~300 a day UK-wide. Remember the 'dangerous and unethical experiment' and losers like fake SAGE and the Scottish Government trying to make capital from this? Oh dear.

44 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

^^^ lot of words for "no"

I don't believe the SG are particularly rational when it comes to covid, no. So when they say something I think is daft then I'll highlight it and offer a reason as to why I feel that is the case. That, whether you agree with my views or not, is a normal thing to do. Regarding BJ, it's inconvenient that the most rational response to Covid, and the one which appears to have an exit plan, is being led by a Conservative PM who can't brush his hair or find a suit that fits. However I believe it's the best approach to covid.

You, on the other hand, always defend but rarely (if ever) provide any reasoning as to why you agree with them. You just know you do because of who has said it. That's not a normal thing to do.

In fact the only time you've ever spoken out against them was when their rules finally inconvenienced you in some way.

I still mind the day when Boris was saying we should have Covid Commissars for every street to check that everyone was following the rules, and you were ecstatic, saying he was going to follow the Swedish model. :lol: Most of the stuff I've said on here that could be called defending the SNP have just been to correct misquotations or simple statements of fact, followed by your inevitable breakdowns into American teenager hysteria.. :1eye 

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I still mind the day when Boris was saying we should have Covid Commissars for every street to check that everyone was following the rules, and you were ecstatic, saying he was going to follow the Swedish model. :lol:  

Go on then, quote me saying I thought Covid Marshalls were a good idea.

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Go on then, quote me saying I thought Covid Marshalls were a good idea.

You didn't, you were just ecstatic about the rest of his speech and claimed he had switched to the Swedish model, god knows how. 

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Right, so why mention it?

Because you ignored it in favour of a positive spin for Boris. Your head would have completely exploded if anyone in the SG had suggested street covid commissars. As you would say, with your baseball cap on backwards no doubt, pure simping.