Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

But when these restrictions are lifted. It’s not my business about someone else’s concerns over covid.

Quite a theme on here that.

Some real determination to establish that nobody should concern themselves with anyone else's welfare.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do you not see these cards as an attempt to do just that?  

I do.

With the caveat I gave earlier I’d say yes but it’s A small step down a long road for me. 

The badges do still indirectly suggest that going out in crowds are dangerous. In the longer term people need to believe that the rest of society isn’t an immediate danger to them. 

That starts with the messaging coming from the very top. 

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Quite a theme on here that.

Some real determination to establish that nobody should concern themselves with anyone else's welfare.

Nice attempt to twisting my words 

I won’t be following non existent covid restrictions once they have been lifted. 

If they remain in place I’ll continue to follow them

Its as simple as that 

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do you not see these cards as an attempt to do just that?  

I do.

To me they are a crutch that will encourage people at no medical risk to cling on to an irrational fear and just prolong their return to normality. 

I know loads of people who have worked throughout and have gone out for dinner, went to the football, been abroad on holiday etc etc etc. and survived to tell the tale. 

This is the message that needs to be front and centre to encourage a return to normal for people not a plastic badge scheme. 

If people want to wear one that's their business but not for me thank you. 

59 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Mainly people like you, tbh.

Oh, I know that.  You hate being called out on your spite ridden idiocy.

However, don't you see the point?  If people have been beaten into a state of paralysing fear by those in charge, is it not unfair to be mad at them for it?  

14 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Aye maybe. 

But when these restrictions are lifted. It’s not my business about someone else’s concerns over covid.

I can’t keep walking about on eggshells worried about a “what if” situation that might never happen.

Besides it’s not as I’ll go out my way to annoy people in badges and masks, I don’t care if they wear them, just don’t get all pissy at me for going about my normal business 

I have had 3 jags so I don't really care much about it. It's pretty much irrelevant to me. We'll be left with 1 in 1,000 with concerns so it's easy to show them some sympathy and I'll go out of my way to not upset them much like yourself.

You going to the game on Wednesday?

1 minute ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I have had 3 jags so I don't really care much about it. It's pretty much irrelevant to me. We'll be left with 1 in 1,000 with concerns so it's easy to show them some sympathy and I'll go out of my way to not upset them much like yourself.

You going to the game on Wednesday?

How is going about your normal business going to upset anyone reasonable person?

It wasn’t like prior to the pandemic everyone was running about breathing and rubbing up against each other during your day to day business.

I just hope these people who keep using the “what if” excuse, will make sure to wear a mask and avoid crowds every time they have the sniffles. Cause you know “what if” that cold or flu gets passed onto someone with health issues.

I can’t wait until I’m able to go for a piss in the pub without having to wear a mask from my table to the toilet and back.

Nope.

1 hour ago, ParsJake said:

It isn't really your place to decide if anyone on this thread is "nasty" or "deranged" (tasteful word to use btw), for committing the cardinal sin of disagreeing with you.

You think you care more than those who disagree and feel superior as a result. We get it.

It really is surely only on this thread that a person can be accused of holier than thou sanctimony, merely for suggesting that it might be an idea to cut someone a little slack if they're a bit uptight over the whole Covid caper.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I did earlier.  One was from you.

It's the ones about not being prepared to modify actions.  Your "weird behaviour" one was a decent example.

Why should I modify my actions, away from what would normally be considered socially acceptable, for no reason other than someone would like me to? If you think I will be checking for a wee badge or lanyard before doing something that, prior to March 2020 would be seen as perfectly normal, then you're sorely mistaken.

Like I said earlier, the onus is on the people scared of getting too close to other people to modify their behaviour / avoid crowded places, not the population at large.

That isn't the same as being hostile to them or, indeed, wishing them harm.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh, I know that.  You hate being called out on your spite ridden idiocy.

However, don't you see the point?  If people have been beaten into a state of paralysing fear by those in charge, is it not unfair to be mad at them for it?

If people are so gormless, gullible and stupid to fall for it, that's on them.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

https://liveapp.inews.co.uk/2022/01/23/who-alarmed-over-boris-johnsons-premature-plans-to-scrap-covid-isolation-rules-from-march/content.html

Another one who thinks "wearing a mask isn't a big ask".

If after 2 years, you need to be making this sort of statement then it clearly IS a big ask.

Vast numbers of people actively fucking hate it.

If it wasn't a big ask, you wouldn't need to mandate it.

Remember when 'the science' shouldn't have had them opening up last July?

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

https://liveapp.inews.co.uk/2022/01/23/who-alarmed-over-boris-johnsons-premature-plans-to-scrap-covid-isolation-rules-from-march/content.html

Another one who thinks "wearing a mask isn't a big ask".

If after 2 years, you need to be making this sort of statement then it clearly IS a big ask.

Vast numbers of people actively hate wearing them.

Millions of us won't wear them at all.

If it wasn't a big ask, you wouldn't need to mandate it.

Yeah people who essentially wear masks only when popping in to shops really are in no place to declare wearing them as no big ask.

The pandemic has brought out the worst type of people who not only happily tell others what they should and should not be bothered about based on their own experiences, but pass their views off as fact.