Coronavirus (COVID-19)

35 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Extrapolating and fabricating an argument no-one is making as usual I see.

Not really.  It was based on lines like this from Thorongil:

"I’ll just act normally. I’m not going to pander to weird behaviour by engaging in weird behaviour."

5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Spoken like a true person who doesn't have to wear one all day.

Get fucked.

I think she knows fine well they're having to slowly start laying the groundwork for their removal. They have another two, maybe three months tops.

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It’s not a small price to pay.

Its a very large price.

The human face is a vital part of our humanity.

The ability to express emotions is critical to how we interact with our fellow humans.

Take that ability away and we degrade ourselves into something akin to a robot.

To me,mask wearing is completely wrong even if it were proved that it could reduce Covid by 50%

Remember the psychos tried to make them with wee transparent bits of plastic built in? That wasn't at all creepy.

2 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's like peanuts on planes. Why should I be denied a packet of dry roasted because cunto in the back row has an allergy?

Err, no it's not. We have never mandated face masks on flights for any other respiratory infection, which is where covid is hurtling towards, if it's not there already in a place like the UK. Nor is it a moral failure to get or pass on a respiratory infection.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's really not my responsibility to look out for a wee badge before deciding if i can stand somewhere when im out and about.

If you don't want people to be close to you, avoid crowds.

Yeah, if there's people who are still petrified of covid but like going to gigs, the football etc, they should probably try not treating every human being as a biohazard and death vector. In such circumstances they need psychological help, not a wee badge.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think anyone's calling for detective work on your part here to search for the badge.

If you see one, would it not be at all possible to just be a bit... you know, er, nice?

Again, maybe they could try viewing their fellow humans as something other than a biohazard and death vector?

57 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Some nice people on here.

Are folk really so aligned to their anti restrictions stance that they're not prepared to display just  a little consideration?

Some of this is just weird.

Where is the consideration for people who were at no risk from covid but had two years from the prime of their life torched to help protect the vulnerable? Nah, I'll be moving on now, thanks.

4 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

I read it completely differently.

Eg - as long as there remains any ambiguity as to their effectiveness, we will keep them mandated, as it may just make a difference.

As I mentioned above, I think we're starting to see the groundwork being laid so they can row back. Once Ireland do it, it will allow them to follow without it being a nasty and evil Tory England only plot. I imagine the Nordics will also follow suit before long. Just a total minter we have to wait because of these games rather than Scotland simply being grown up enough ourselves to put it behind us.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

I think she knows fine well they're having to slowly start laying the groundwork for their removal. They have another two, maybe three months tops.

Remember the psychos tried to make them with wee transparent bits of plastic built in? That wasn't at all creepy.

Err, no it's not. We have never mandated face masks on flights for any other respiratory infection, which is where covid is hurtling towards, if it's not there already in a place like the UK. Nor is it a moral failure to get or pass on a respiratory infection.

Yeah, if there's people who are still petrified of covid but like going to gigs, the football etc, they should probably try not treating every human being as a biohazard and death vector. In such circumstances they need psychological help, not a wee badge.

Again, maybe they could try viewing their fellow humans as something other than a biohazard and death vector?

Where is the consideration for people who were at no risk from covid but had two years from the prime of their life torched to help protect the vulnerable? Nah, I'll be moving on now, thanks.

As I mentioned above, I think we're starting to see the groundwork being laid so they can row back. Once Ireland do it, it will allow them to follow without it being a nasty and evil Tory England only plot. I imagine the Nordics will also follow suit before long. Just a total minter we have to wait because of these games rather than Scotland simply being grown up enough ourselves to put it behind us.

There's been some very good points made on both sides of the argument over the last two years, but none of them were from you.

1 minute ago, Elixir said:

Revolutionary, I know, but how about not spitefully resenting either group?

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Pure weasel words from Sturgeon. Laying the foundations for rowing back, but only once other places like Ireland and Denmark etc do it first.

Was absolutely gone at this, though:

She added: "I don't underplay the impact of any of these measures on businesses and the night-time industry, but checking Covid certification is a better alternative to being closed."

Which is err... why they closed up here for four weeks but didn't down south, to no tangible difference in health outcomes.

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t know if you’re including me in the nasty bit but nonetheless I agree, some of it is over the top. 

I do totally get the frustration with continuing down a rabbit hole of layering on encouragement for people to be fearful of mixing with the outside world, hence the context I gave. 

No, I wasn't including you.

I'm quite sure you'd be willing to grant someone struggling with this, a little space.

That's on account of you not being deranged.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Revolutionary, I know, but how about not spitefully resenting either group?

Yet these people will resent me or anyone who no longer wants to wear a mask or keep a distance if it's not possible (i.e transport), despite us each having three vaccine doses.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's been some very good points made on both sides of the argument over the last two years, but none of them were from you.

Yeah: in the world of the Simps.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm quite sure you'd be willing to grant someone struggling with this, a little space.

I don’t think anybody is going to go out of their way to start licking the faces of anybody with a badge on.

It’s a small gesture, but things would be a million times easier for everyone, vulnerable included, if ScotGov and others focused on reassuring people that going out and about as normal is safe. Rather than playing up to unfounded fears.

12 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Who do you despise here?

Is it the authorities that have ploughed so much into conning people into a state of fear, or is it the poor devils who have fallen victim to such a con?

Despising both seems a bit unfair.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It isn't really your place to decide if anyone on this thread is "nasty" or "deranged" (tasteful word to use btw), for committing the cardinal sin of disagreeing with you.

You think you care more than those who disagree and feel superior as a result. We get it.

Just now, oaksoft said:

I think this is the nub of the problem for those of wanting wanting rid of masks.

We are going to have to see other countries do it en-masse.

Countries which are not right wing.

That's why I think Ireland could be a game changer but it might need others too before Sturgeon will risk looking like the Tories.

At this stage it's all about politics. Science went out the window a long time ago.

When Ireland and the Nordics (again) bin them off, we'll be the last stand in northern Europe. Well, alongside the chinless wonder in Wales, I suppose...

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Who do you despise here?

Is it the authorities that have ploughed so much into conning people into a state of fear, or is it the poor devils who have fallen victim to such a con?

Despising both seems a bit unfair.

Mainly people like you, tbh.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nicest thing anyones ever said to me. 

anyway, we’ve spoken a lot about state intervention to public health. I would actually say it is absolutely incumbent on the SG to help these people re-integrate with society as a lot of this isolation has been purposefully created. 

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

France? Germany? Luxemburg? Holland? Belgium? Poland?

IMO we're a long way off the day of the mask mandate being lifted.

Tbf, France, Germany and the Benelux is western Europe.

As for Poland, they don't give a f**k about covid anymore. Masks required indoors but that's pretty much it - and it's a token gesture that maybe half of folk abide by. Their death figures show how ridiculous the anti-vaxxers are, but then it's on them. Once this wave subsides you'll be either vaxxed or infected.

Edit: fully expect masks to no longer be required there in a few months either, and do think come Easter time it won't be mandated in Scotland.

Edited by Elixir

39 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I know Sundays are a slow day but that's 6-7 pages now of tedious, pointless, and by the looks of it entirely fabricated arguments, about some people "hating and resenting badge wearers".

Can anyone point me to a single post which expresses such targetted hatred or resentment to justify this level of heat?

There's a few to pick from. 

Look at Thorongil and Todd's work.  There are others too though.

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Some people are scared of catching the virus and they are allowed to say so. Maybe they have health issues. Physical health or mental health. Let them be. It's only a badge.

Aye maybe. 

But when these restrictions are lifted. It’s not my business about someone else’s concerns over covid.

I can’t keep walking about on eggshells worried about a “what if” situation that might never happen.

Besides it’s not as I’ll go out my way to annoy people in badges and masks, I don’t care if they wear them, just don’t get all pissy at me for going about my normal business