Coronavirus (COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Tiny modifications to our behaviour won't hurt that much surely?

Doing so sounds worth it to me if it helps others emerge from fears.  Just because such fears seem irrational, doesn't mean they must remain trapped within them forever, does it?  Can't the rest of us help out here with a wee bit of tolerance?

No. The request is unreasonable and disproportionate. And it’s not really a request. 

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah but as I said, I give folk space in the supermarket etc anyway, and did so pre covid, because being a space invader is and always has been socially unacceptable. 

Yes, but can't you make more of a point of it with this old dear?  Wouldn't you hope others would too?

For her?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

No I thought it was because he made a dangerous enemy of a former advisor who grassed him up.

he's part of the dissent. overall, enough people are getting tired this hysterical panto for it to have an effect on bojos govt

enough people say 'enough' and this shit winds down, what are you waiting for?

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think anyone's calling for detective work on your part here to search for the badge.

If you see one, would it not be at all possible to just be a bit... you know, er, nice?

If I decide to wear a badge for something else, what right do I have to expect compliance from others? 

It’s just ridiculous nonsense. People infantilising themselves.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, but can't you more of a point of it with this old dear?  Wouldn't you hope others would too?

For her?

No. I’ll just act normally. I’m not going to pander to weird behaviour by engaging in weird behaviour. Life is busy enough without more brain admin.

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I've yet to meet anyone hysterical about all this, quite a few people who are too used to it and conditioned yes, but not terrified.

Most people are just fed up.

The news of a new sub variant in South Africa last night if that reaches the mainstream media and they start their bullshit hysteria again, there will be some hysteria from me, I've had enough of this. Newspaper arseholes doing this to people again and again. Politicians being held accountable for twisting and using COVID data for their own gain, why not the mainstream media?

Hopefully these media outlets will return to their growing irrelevance as they were 2019 and disappear into a black hole.

whit

the whole of the last 21 months has been utter hysteria by any normal or rational standards. noone would believe it if you told them pre 2019

have you let yourself be conditioned to the last 21 months being acceptable, 'the new normal'?

completely agree, politicians and the media both need bringing to justice. i'd add in the nudge unit psychos and the police

11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

This is it, available free from the 26th January in Scotland.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/23/anxious-scots-to-be-given-please-give-space-covid-badges-15967566/?ito=newsnow-feed

Covid badges.

With only three days to go, this is the first time I've ever heard of this.

I know they’ve had a few different ones down the years, but that’s the worst Leeds United crest ever.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think you are reading what i'm writing

I am.

You're saying you're not someone who would invade another's space anyway.

I'm suggesting that being especially conscious of this round someone wearing a badge might be reasonable.  That this is encountering resistance is incredible, even by the standards of here.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Some nice people on here.

Are folk really so aligned to their anti restrictions stance that they're not prepared to display just  a little consideration?

Some of this is just weird.

What is weird is the amount of totally unfounded fear that there would appear to be in circulation about a virus which in its current form is almost harmless.

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not if the alternative is staying in the house.

TBF, if a badge like this is the difference between someone going out or not then there’s nothing to stop them making their own lanyard, Blue Peter style today telling people to back off or whatever.

My issue with this is more the messaging - I’m for personal responsibility, but if we’re catering for those particularly vulnerable and with concerns then we should be working from the “things are safe” mantra rather than the “everybody’s a potential disease threat” perspective.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I am.

You're saying you're not someone who would invade another's space anyway.

I'm suggesting that being especially conscious of this round someone wearing a badge might be reasonable.  That this is encountering resistance is incredible, even by the standards of here.

You're pointlessly creating imaginary hairs then splitting them

In respect of these badges, context is important. 

If they are against the backdrop of dropping all legal requirements for masks, distancing etc but people have the option to display that they’re a bit uncomfortable then fine, I find it odd but no harm done and I’d respect it as long as it’s not abused. 

If it’s in addition to all the “protections” then it’s yet more nonsense that adds months and years to the recovery people are going to require from the scaremongering and it can f**k off.