Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I know it’s social media so you try to take everything with a pinch of salt, but I already see arguments on it about how you’re going to be a selfish c**t if you don’t respect people who choose to wear the badge.

There are clearly going to be situations where it's not possible to give people space (public transport / bars / events).

In those circumstances it really isn't up to other people to make sure people with a wee badge on have plenty space.

Ultimately, if you are scared of close contact, then the onus is on you to avoid crowded spaces rather than everyone else adapt their behaviour to make you feel safer.

It's well intentioned i'm sure, but it's not really that practical.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There are clearly going to be situations where it's not possible to give people space (public transport / bars / events).

In those circumstances it really isn't up to other people to make sure people with a wee badge on have plenty space.

Ultimately, if you are scared of close contact, then the onus is on you to avoid crowded spaces rather than everyone else adapt their behaviour to make you feel safer.

It's like peanuts on planes. Why should I be denied a packet of dry roasted because cunto in the back row has an allergy?

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone thinking they are scoring points by dunking on the utter, fucking shite that DPB spouts on here is as much a fantasist as he is. 

Who's trying to score points?

I'm just happy to highlight nonsense, whether cunningly hidden or wearing the loudest costume imaginable.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How's that going on your holidays?

Refusing to wear one round the pool. No problem.

Need to wear one in restaurant apart from at table. Refusal would mean ejection.

If I had realised just how bad the situation here was, I’d have cancelled.

Virtually 100% compliance, I’m sorry to say.

Only had 2 confrontation, one from fellow guest and one from staff member.

Trying to keep things calm now for Mrs DPB.

Back to the land of the free (not) on Tuesday.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Boris has made it pretty clear he is against mask wearing.

Has frequently been seen not to wear a mask in public against the advice at the time.

Not sure dissent has put him where he is now, think that was his own fault.

masks are a small part of the whole panto, and so a small part of the reason for dissent

these psychos get away with what they can depending on public opinion, the amount (lack) of dissent

Edited by Glennie

20 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Tiny modifications to our behaviour won't hurt that much surely?

Doing so sounds worth it to me if it helps others emerge from fears.  Just because such fears seem irrational, doesn't mean they must remain trapped within them forever, does it?  Can't the rest of us help out here with a wee bit of tolerance?

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Doing so sounds worth it to me if it helps others emerge from fears.  Just because such fears seem irrational, doesn't mean they must remain trapped within them forever, does it?  Can't the rest of us help out here with a wee bit of tolerance?

It's really not my responsibility to look out for a wee badge before deciding if i can stand somewhere when im out and about.

If you don't want people to be close to you, avoid crowds.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

21 months of tolerating mass hysteria and terrifying people is already 21 months more than enough

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's really not my responsibility to look out for a wee badge before deciding if i can stand somewhere when im out and about.

I don't think anyone's calling for detective work on your part here to search for the badge.

If you see one, would it not be at all possible to just be a bit... you know, er, nice?

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Yeah, I mean I dont deliberately get close to people anyway, its only where such things happen naturally. And, tbh, if Scotgov would prefer to continue feeding their politicisation of the dying embers of this pandemic by coming away with this sort of thing rather than telling people that actually, theres no need to be scared of the virus anymore easing their fears that way, I reserve the right to opt out. If someone finds themselves in a situation where they are too close to me for comfort, they can say so and I may well help accomodate them but for the huge majority, its likely they are scared because they havent yet been told otherwise OR they are trying to make points on behalf of Nicola. Those who are at still a genuine and high risk from covid should be coming up with a plan with their doctor and of course, their workplaces etc should accomodate them etc, but that will be a smaller number of people than end up with these daft wee badges. 

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't think anyone's calling for detective work on your part here to search for the badge.

If you see one, would it not be at all possible to just be a bit... you know, er, nice?

Since this was posting as I posted my last, I should add, this is what most of us would do pre-covid. You only get really close to folk when you have to. In that scenario, its unlikely that I can do much more than im already doing, and so you should consider whether its appropriate for you to be there. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Since this was posting as I posted my last, I should add, this is what most of us would do pre-covid. You only get really close to folk when you have to. In that scenario, its unlikely that I can do much more than im already doing, and so you should consider whether its appropriate for you to be there. 

I actually can't imagine these badges being a big feature, certainly not for very long.

In a scenario such as a supermarket though, if you see an old dear in the aisle wearing one, you'll have the decency to steer a bit consciously clear though, won't you?

You'll not know whether she's got a particular vulnerability, or is just a bit irrationally fearful.  I know you're not actually a b*****d Bairnardo, so all I'm saying is that it's surely fine for all of us to treat such a person with kindness and care.

If a badge helps all but the truly deranged to do so, surely that's good?

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Pandering to people's fears isn't going to help anyone emerge from anything.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I actually can't imagine these badges being a big feature, certainly not for very long.

In a scenario such as a supermarket though, if you see an old dear in the aisle wearing one, you'll have the decency to steer a bit consciously clear though, won't you?

You'll not know whether she's got a particular vulnerability, or is just a bit irrationally fearful.  I know you're not actually a b*****d Bairnardo, so all I'm saying is that it's surely fine for all of us to treat such a person with kindness and care.

If a badge helps all but the truly deranged to do so, surely that's good?

Yeah but as I said, I give folk space in the supermarket etc anyway, and did so pre covid, because being a space invader is and always has been socially unacceptable. 

But if im stood at a crowded bar and someone approaches waving their badge about like fucking Moses trying to part the sea (appreciate that this may be unlikely to happen but its a descriptor for the possible difference in scenarios) i'd be telling them that this probably isn't the time or place for that. 

Edited by Bairnardo

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

'being nice' has fueled utter hysteria and fear, so no