Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It’s not a small price to pay.

Its a very large price.

The human face is a vital part of our humanity.

The ability to express emotions is critical to how we interact with our fellow humans.

Take that ability away and we degrade ourselves into something akin to a robot.

To me,mask wearing is completely wrong even if it were proved that it could reduce Covid by 50%

So put another way, you would disagree with the wearing of masks if they were proven to be as effective in reducing serious disease as the average 1-shot vaccine?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Are you seriously suggesting in this hypothetical scenario that there will be 75,000 covid deaths in the UK over the next year even if we do wear masks, and 150,000 if we don't?

How many deaths there have been in the past is totally irrelevant in terms of how we act going forward.

Not sure where I suggested that.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I keep hearing that it’s a small price to pay. Not sure who decided that. 

our overlords know best. they all need bringing down half a dozen pegs

public and each of you who still wont dissent are also to blame letting these cretins take a mile when given an inch

Unsurprisingly the ICU number annouced yesterday wasn't correct.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

Please note that on Saturday 22 January we incorrectly reported that there were 16 patients in ICU with recently confirmed COVID-19 – we should have reported that there were 42 patients in ICU with recently confirmed COVID-19, and we apologise for this error

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It’s not a small price to pay.

Its a very large price.

The human face is a vital part of our humanity.

The ability to express emotions is critical to how we interact with our fellow humans.

Take that ability away and we degrade ourselves into something akin to a robot.

To me,mask wearing is completely wrong even if it were proved that it could reduce Covid by 50%

You were making something approaching sense until that comically ludicrous closing line.

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

What's your plan for dissent?

ive been dissenting from the bs narrative since march 2020, speech and actions

no 'social distancing', no app, no signing in to enter places on test and trace, no tests, no 'isolating', ditched muzzles in july 2020, ......

near two year of trying to bring folk terrorised into mass hysteria by the state back to reality despite a mountain of abuse

just have to not be a coward and tell the truth

2 minutes ago, Glennie said:

ive been dissenting from the bs narrative since march 2020, speech and actions

no 'social distancing', no app, no signing in to enter places on test and trace, no tests, no 'isolating', ditched muzzles in july 2020, ......

Jeez.

All that and the government has not yet been toppled.  Hard to believe they can withstand it.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

Are you seriously suggesting that the lives of 75.000 people in the UK (using your number above) are worth less than you having to wear a bit of cloth over your mouth and nose for short periods?

Yes

If someone wants to wear a mask, okay.

If someone fears me without a mask, then stay far away from me.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeez.

All that and the government has not yet been toppled.  Hard to believe they can withstand it.

still too many cowards and moonhowling bedwetters

see the situation wi Boris for what happens when enough people dissent

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Are you seriously suggesting in this hypothetical scenario that there will be 75,000 covid deaths in the UK over the next year even if we do wear masks, and 150,000 if we don't?

How many deaths there have been in the past is totally irrelevant in terms of how we act going forward.

Stop havering.

Dawson Park wasn't just referring to the picture from here on in.  He was clearly referring to a general principle regarding masks over the duration.  

In fact, he's just doubled down on it in hilarious fashion.

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

That's just going to cause more arguments than it will avoid IMO. People getting all uptight and waving their badge around in supermarkets etc because someone got too close.

I know it’s social media so you try to take everything with a pinch of salt, but I already see arguments on it about how you’re going to be a selfish c**t if you don’t respect people who choose to wear the badge.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Stop havering.

Dawson Park wasn't just referring to the picture from here on in.  He was clearly referring to a general principle regarding masks over the duration.  

In fact, he's just doubled down on it in hilarious fashion.

Anyone thinking they are scoring points by dunking on the utter, fucking shite that DPB spouts on here is as much a fantasist as he is.