Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

This is just so appalling.

Who would have thought that Australia would have descended into such authoritarianism?
Almost reminiscent of the Nazis.

Slightly like that where I am in Tenerife.

To access the restaurant, you can either show your vaccine certificate and receive a wrist band to avoid replicating the process or go through the process every time.

No way the Mrs and myself are going about with a wristband.

The girl on the door is getting fed up processing us every time.

Stuff them.

Things that never happened thread for this pish (as usual). 

See Covid symptoms, do they include what Frank Spencer might call tummy trouble?  

I don't tend to see it listed among the cough, fever and loss of taste ones we're all familiar with, yet it's striking me as a definite feature.

Asking for one of those friend things, I've heard about.

See Covid symptoms, do they include what Frank Spencer might call tummy trouble?  
I don't tend to see it listed among the cough, fever and loss of taste ones we're all familiar with, yet it's striking me as a definite feature.
Asking for one of those friend things, I've heard about.

March 2020 I was spewing and shitting like a maniac. My girlfriend and friend who I was with all weekend both lost their taste and smell. Nobody was officially diagnosed but fairly likely we all had covid.

8 hours ago, red23 said:

Here you go again clearly a chip on your shoulder, people talk and in social situations such as parties/nights out, and if there's someone keen on you as they are of them it makes it all  a bit easier, you should try it sometime.

^^^John Worboys.

9 hours ago, red23 said:

Here you go again clearly a chip on your shoulder, people talk and in social situations such as parties/nights out, and if there's someone keen on you as they are of them it makes it all  a bit easier, you should try it sometime.

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2021/oct/14/dont-be-that-guy-activists-praise-campaign-tackling-sexual-violence

Remember this campaign? FYI it’s you, it’s aimed at you. 

51 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Where did I say I would do this to a member of staff?

Quite the contrary. I've stated any times on here that you should NOT treat staff like this.

I did appreciate the fact that you asked the question and then without giving me a chance to answer, assumed what my answer would be and jumped down my throat though. That was a nice touch. 🤣

Top bit was directed to you. Glad to hear you are at least semi sensible.

Second bit was in general.

Bit early for this thread is it not 😴

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

people jumping the gun (@101)

Not even had my first coffee of the day and you are in my mentions, have a nice weekend!

Just got a rather odd letter from the NHS inviting me for my booster because it's been 12 weeks since my third primary dose.

I didn't get a third primary dose, though. I got a booster.

Enough is enough. 4 doses in 11½ months is a step too far for me. 

ETA I'm not at all anti-vax, but a vaccine dose every 12 weeks isn't a sustainable plan.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, oaksoft said:

"Fair play Oaky. Like an arse, I did jump the gun a bit and should have asked you to clarify first"

That's all that was needed. 😆

Peace and love brother, I did of course fly in 2 footed. I know you could take it 😉

But I hope what your looking for doesn't catch on if everyone asked before jumping down folks throats we would have barely be in doubt digit post numbers.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

After having had 3 vaccinations now, both my wife and I are also asking ourselves whether enough is enough.

I'll only get it if I will need to it be able to enjoy my life (gigs, football, travel etc). With vaccine certification starting to be dropped rather than implemented, though, that looks less likely to happen than before.

That's not the right way to look at vaccines, of course, but neither is giving everyone the same vaccine every 3 months.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Just got a rather odd letter from the NHS inviting me for my booster because it's been 12 weeks since my third primary dose.

ETA I'm not at all anti-vax, but a vaccine dose every 12 weeks isn't a sustainable plan.

Got my booster yesterday and feel worse than my first two, especially my arm - it can't cope with 3 jags in 7 months :lol:

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

If you're somehow defined as clinically vulnerable, I believe that is the only way this should be happening?

58 minutes ago, boomboomyards said:

I'm sure this will be as useful as those dugs that can sniff it out.

Edited by Elixir

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

So get that sleeve rolled up.

You must be gutted all the bollocks you hear from Joe Rogan are starting to fall apart - starting off closest to home.

7 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Yet those BMA freaks said restrictions shouldn't be binned, just like they did last summer. Despicable.

At some point, people are going to need to be told that the reason for the restrictions being binned is because the pathogen in question no longer represents a disproportionate threat, and at that point, these people need to be told that THEY are now the science deniers they were so keen to call others as.