Coronavirus (COVID-19)

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

If you go mental at someone who asks you to put a mask on its you being the arse in that situation not them. They don't make the rules and are just trying to get through the day. 

Whilst I agree there is no need to be a dick to them, they also shouldn't be asking you to put a mask on.

Of course the best response would be to politely say you are exempt.

4 minutes ago, red23 said:

Seems to be the same group of desperados downvoting any comment they don't like without chipping in and adding their thoughts to the conversation 🤣

The brass neck of the guy gutted that he wouldn't be able to cop a fly feel of a bird he had no chance of getting if she was sober calling anyone a desperado btw

36 minutes ago, 101 said:

In what possible world is being aggressive, to someone on likely low pay whos employer has asked them to make sure they ask people to abide by the rules, the correct course of action?

If you go mental at someone who asks you to put a mask on its you being the arse in that situation not them. They don't make the rules and are just trying to get through the day. 

If you have a grievance about the rules air it with folk that can change stuff. 

After the pandemic has blown through there is still no need to act the c**t.

Sure he said he wouldn’t act that way to employees who were having to do it as part of their job.  You might want to stop flying off the handle and doing exactly what you’re having a go at others about.

6 hours ago, Glennie said:

wellness camp'

It doesn’t say that. Wellcamp is the name of the airport in Townsville owned by the company that also owns the land where this white elephant is built. Throwing money at a mate. This is not a federal project but a state initiative.  The  uniform, by the way, is for her existing position with the Queensland Fire & Emergency Services. The irony of this is that as from today (Saturday) fully vaccinated overseas arrivals will no longer have to quarantine in Queensland. Although drop a few opinion poll points and everything can change. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I caught covid before I got my booster, so haven't been eligible to be fully vaccinated.

What a fucking nonsense, infection should create a temporary exemption.

Either way, I've done LFT, it's negative and I'll show them the text confirming as such tomorrow at the gate.

The whole self reporting of LFTs is a bit of a farce. Could come back positive and you can mark it as negative and carry on as normal, or of course you could test negative but if your job allows mark it as positive and get 10 days off. Or if you can't be bothered sticking a cotton bud up your nose you can just scan the QR code and make up a test result. Hardly robust. 

15 minutes ago, theportman said:

The best response to that wpould be to kick your c**t in for being a liar and a twat.

You do realise that the government guidelines in Scotland say that people should treat non mask wearers with kindness.

I don’t think kicking their c**t in is being kind.

The Internet loves a hard man 😂

43 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The brass neck of the guy gutted that he wouldn't be able to cop a fly feel of a bird he had no chance of getting if she was sober calling anyone a desperado btw

Here you go again clearly a chip on your shoulder, people talk and in social situations such as parties/nights out, and if there's someone keen on you as they are of them it makes it all  a bit easier, you should try it sometime.

13 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Another!

I have a feeling NS's recent "There isn't going to come a time we won't need to worry about Covid. Where we won't need to do anything to try to stop it spreading" speech is going to age very poorly, very quickly.

Covid itself, and scientific understanding thereof, seems to be moving at a fair old pace. For all folk can scream Boris is only.doing this or that to deflect, other coutnries are now reacting in a way we havent seen so far in the pandemic and it absolutely is going to make those who choose to refuse to keep pace look stupid.

Its a bit odd to watch whats happening at the minute tbh. Class though to be heading throigh the exit door of the last two years.

Way too much suffering has been endured in so many ways.

This is just so appalling.
Who would have thought that Australia would have descended into such authoritarianism?
Almost reminiscent of the Nazis.
Slightly like that where I am in Tenerife.
To access the restaurant, you can either show your vaccine certificate and receive a wrist band to avoid replicating the process or go through the process every time.
No way the Mrs and myself are going about with a wristband.
The girl on the door is getting fed up processing us every time.
Stuff them.

It’s ‘only’ Queensland and Western Australia that have lost the plot as far as I know.

Victoria are full blown YOLO.

Source: I’m flying to Melbourne in 2 hours time. Adios Nicola Sturgeon.

7 hours ago, red23 said:

Here you go again clearly a chip on your shoulder, people talk and in social situations such as parties/nights out, and if there's someone keen on you as they are of them it makes it all  a bit easier, you should try it sometime.

^^^ Definitely a total VL