Coronavirus (COVID-19)

There is a fair amount of backlash from the usual suspects on twitter to England dropping Plan B.

I really do think the psychological impact of the last 2 years will last a very long time for many people. The government terrified millions into locking themselves away in 2020, and a big chunk of those are still in that state of heightened fear. 

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I think I read on the BBC that 100,000 children have effectively dropped off the education radar since this all began.

That is horrific if true.

The hashtags used in the tweet I posted - loads of mothers posting pictures of their kids saying similar things. "This is my son and I do not consent to him being deliberately exposed to infection...."

33 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

Were LFTs always counted as confirmed cases or are the case numbers now being fiddled upwards?

They weren't included previously. However they're not really being fiddled - it's a response to the fact that you no longer need to follow up a positive LFT with a confirmatory PCR.

There is a fair amount of backlash from the usual suspects on twitter to England dropping Plan B.
I really do think the psychological impact of the last 2 years will last a very long time for many people. The government terrified millions into locking themselves away in 2020, and a big chunk of those are still in that state of heightened fear. 

The collective psychological toll this has and will continue to take on many will be the biggest since WW2 - for which, although much worse all round,many people never recovered

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Child abuse.

27 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

Cases seemed to have flatlined in the UK overall. Get ready for the screeching.

Thankfully, WM seem to not care about irrelevant stuff like "how many people have a bad cold" and are satisfied that a combination of the vaccines and a variant that causes milder infection mean there is no need to do anything.

7 hours ago, virginton said:

MT's time-honoured gurning about why oh why university lecturers weren't holding physical classes of 200 at a time to benefit his sprog rising to the surface yet again.

Classes of 15 would have done.

Anyway, I can't see you ever having to concern yourself with the fate of offspring, so don't worry about it.

Who cares if there are 100 or 100,000 positive tests a day, hospital numbers aren't dangerously high, infections aren't as serious any more and the better weather is just round the corner. If we can't bin restictions now we never will. 

29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Classes of 15 would have done.

I'm not sure that you know how a university works, if you think that "classes of 15" could be magically created for *200 fucking students per course*. All under distancing guidance and self-isolation requirements.

But you're shifting the goalposts anyway. Your claim was that unlike lecturers, school teachers 'turn up at work and teach'. Lecturers do the exact same thing. 

Anyway, I can't see you ever having to concern yourself with the fate of offspring, so don't worry about it.

The "fate" of your sprogs is completely and utterly irrelevant to everyone else champ. Including those other employees (at university) whose protection you are uniquely unwilling to white knight for. 

Your hypocrisy is matched only by your stupidity. 

Edited by vikingTON

7 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just read a story on BBC about a headmaster complaining about the lack of warning regarding kids binning face masks.

Apparently, he needs time to organise this complain to the union about this before it happens.

Am I missing something?

Surely the kids just bin the masks! Immediate.

FTFY