Coronavirus (COVID-19)

With the case numbers starting to increase again slightly, the SG are in real danger of being shown to have absolutely no actual gameplan or vision for the way out.

Just as they did last August, they are going to remove restrictions as cases increase, despite steadfastly refusing to do so as they tumbled.

10 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

What’s todays numbers anyone?

On 20 January 8,262 new cases of COVID-19 reported.

Of which:

• 3,694 people tested positive through only a PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test
  • 132 people tested positive through a PCR test following a LFD (lateral flow device) test
  • 4,436 people tested positive through only a LFD test

1,514 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19; of these, 43 were in intensive care

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-daily-data-for-scotland/

Are the headline figures. Overall hospital numbers down 57.

1 hour ago, Rugby Is Terrible said:

Bairn87 (or similar) but rarely posted. Changed jobs so lost access to email address to change password. Hopefully that satisfies your weird curiosity into my identity. 

You’re missing the point.  Any posters not having previously posted on here are only welcome if they agree with the moon howlers.  Anything else will lead to a myriad of red dots.

Try “ wee Nippy hates fitba fans”, that should redeem you.

HTH.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/20/covid-england-mask-boris-johnson-omicron

The absolute, fucking nick of this:

I recommend using several in rotation, to allow them to “decontaminate” between uses. Masks with head straps will fit better and may last longer. Metal nose clips (as opposed to plastic ones) usually mould better to your nose, providing a closer fit – but unfortunately it can be hard to know before buying them which type of clip is used. While many industry-certified masks come as a standard size, smaller-sized masks are increasingly available.

Don't forget your safety goggles and face visor to stop those pesky viruses getting in through the eyes as well!

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’re missing the point.  Any posters not having previously posted on here are only welcome if they agree with the moon howlers.  Anything else will lead to a myriad of red dots.

Try “ wee Nippy hates fitba fans”, that should redeem you.

HTH.

_2yqMV.gif

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Whilst I agree, I really don't see the relevance in pointing that out.

You made it sound like she is the only politician who doesn't answer the question asked.

Expecting a politician to answer the question asked is like expecting the sun to rise in the west.

I think Omicron is the one that has broken this pandemic. I know a lot of people who caught it, and reading the media it seems the same story everywhere. People reporting no symptoms, mild symptoms, or it feeling just like a cold. And people now thinking that the reaction to it - isolation, masks, various other restrictions - seem overblown to deal with it.  Sure, there will always be a hard core of clinically vulnerable people for whom the risk of covid is higher; but their risk to flu, pneumonia and others is also higher, and always has been.

The link between "cases" and severe illness/death has shattered. This is due to a number of things, from the virus itself being milder, to the fantastic work of the vaccines. Those in hospital are largely made up of the unvaccinated. There is no real reason then to carry on forcing people who have done all the right things - worked from home, home schooled the kids, limited social contacts, didn't go to that wedding/funeral/works event, got vaccinated, got boosted - to keep restricting their lives. 

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You made it sound like she is the only politician who doesn't answer the question asked.

Expecting a politician to answer the question asked is like expecting the sun to rise in the west.

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/20/covid-england-mask-boris-johnson-omicron

The absolute, fucking nick of this:

Don't forget your safety goggles and face visor to stop those pesky viruses getting in through the eyes as well!

I’ve still got a set of WW2 gas masks which my parents had in case of attack.

Fantastic looking things!

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Didn't he get first go at responding directly to the restrictions announcement and basically waffle a bunch of meaningless pish? Big man suddenly taking a position on this well after the fact.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Also... yXAbrOQ.png

Shameless charlatans.

I wonder if the BMA in England have a direct line to some diddy newspapers who copy and paste their press releases every single fucking day like they do up here. 

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Tbh I'm just a little fed up with people defending politicians with whataboutery.

It's tiresome.

Just now, oaksoft said:

While the mask mandate may have gone, and some people will joyously doff their masks, many will remain rightly concerned about Covid-19, the potential for getting long Covid and the effect that the lack of restrictions will have on the lives of vulnerable people. 

So there it is in black and white. If you don't want to wear a mask it means you simply don't care about covid, long covid or vulnerable people.

It must be true because she has declared it to be a fact.

That article reeks of sancimony.

Long Covid my eye.