Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's England who changed their system to match Scotland's, but are calling it day 5 rather than 7 to make it sound better when it's actually identical.

I might be missing something but if England start on day zero and you get out on day 5 that's 6 in total. 

Scotland start on day 1 and you're out on day 7, that's 7 days.

8 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I might be missing something but if England start on day zero and you get out on day 5 that's 6 in total. 

Scotland start on day 1 and you're out on day 7, that's 7 days.

`I think in England you get out “after day 5” rather than “on Day 5”.  That’s what’s i took from NS’s statement anyway. 

8 hours ago, Snafu said:

You've always seemed very dedicated to your hobby.

So between you having to spend less time on the BRALT and discovering this thread the gap would have been described as the 'wilderness years'?

I've not just discovered this thread.  I've kept an eye on it at times and in the earlier days found it informative and interesting.  

It's been on a steep slide for a long time though.  I maintain that much of the sentiment expressed on here is essentially right wing.  

Criticism of restrictions is of course perfectly valid.  It often goes well beyond that though in its motivation and its expression.

I just like to come by at times and point that out.

15 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

`I think in England you get out “after day 5” rather than “on Day 5”.  That’s what’s i took from NS’s statement anyway. 

16 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

That makes sense thanks. As much as any of this does anyway. 

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That's a great post bud.

Genuinely, there's no need for that first sentence.

About half the country are classed as CV and most of us are either CEV ourselves or have at least one person like that in our immediate families so getting vaccinated and abiding by lockdown at the start were a no brainer for pretty much all of us. Masks are much more contentious because the evidence that they work is sketchy to say the least but almost all of us have done everything we reasonably could to protect our loved ones. Being made to feel that we don't care is fucking grossly offensive and I really can't understand what the people saying this stuff are hoping to achieve. Not one of us wants to see people die of covid. Not one of us.

We're at the point of diminishing returns. Restrictions are no longer contributing to public safety as we've seen with countless massive waves in Scotland which pretty much mirror or exceed those in England where almost no restrictions have been in place for quite some time. Right now, we're just battering ourselves on the walls of self-righteousness and guilt for no discernible benefit and doing great harm to wider society in the meantime.

Your metaphorical mask had slipped.  

That shoddy attempt to re-align it is not convincing.

With regards to the covid passports, firms were advertising 12 month contracts for covid passport checkers at stadiums. I can't see them paying people for 12 months and not using them. 

Unfortunately I think they're here for a bit along with masks. They should be binned as soon as possible. 

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

All hospitality and live events restrictions lifted just in time for the 6 Nations what a fantastic coincidence.

I did say (maybe not on here) that the SRU’s voiced exploration of playing Scotland’s games at a full St James’s Park rather than a potentially empty Murrayfield was the biggest stick landed upon her.
How petty and self serving would that have looked?

And, selfishly, I was quite looking forward to it happening and making an away day/weekend of it. Daft bint ruined that fun too! 😂

9 hours ago, Snafu said:

I saw a collection of t-shirts from Anarchy Label I think they were called and the design on it was of a barcode with the caption underneath something like, 'soon all of us will have barcodes tattooed on our arms'. What seemed so far fetched back then now seems nearly socially acceptable without any resistance or push back. 

No it doesn't.  Don't talk rubbish.

With regards to the covid passports, firms were advertising 12 month contracts for covid passport checkers at stadiums. I can't see them paying people for 12 months and not using them. 
Unfortunately I think they're here for a bit along with masks. They should be binned as soon as possible. 

I don't think G4S or Rocksteady or whoever it is are in charge of policy though.

5 minutes ago, the snudge said:

With regards to the covid passports, firms were advertising 12 month contracts for covid passport checkers at stadiums. I can't see them paying people for 12 months and not using them

They won’t be.  If passports get binned those people will be emptied sharpish.  Very easy to do for someone that’s been employed for such a short length of time.

Looking at individual days is not that interesting or helpful because of the way information is collated. Not even when it appears to say what you want it to say. There are delays and corrections all over the place so you don't get a meaningful picture. You need to look at trends.
All areas in England are showing a rapid decline in cases and have been doing so for some time now.
Just like Scotland.
And deaths and hospitalisations are pretty low too for case rates this high.
The Omicron wave appears to be all over bar the shouting.
This is good news WB.
Very good news.

I assume there will be a map with the rolling 7 day rates?

That would probably be more useful than a snapshot picture.

12 month contract is meaningless.

If you work less than 2 years, bar the Equality Act, you have almost no employment rights.

They could be fired without any reason given.