Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

What do the SNP simps have as an alternative? Keep restrictions indefinitely?  There's nothing 'reckless' about having 3 vaccinations in 6 months (for me anyway), wearing masks, social distancing, staying in my house for a week at a time sometimes (back in April/May 2020).

People want their lives back to normal.  We have the tools to keep Covid at bay.

In the minds of the simps, there’s a big crossover between those who want restrictions removed completely and the right wing, Unionists, Sevco loving Brexit types. 

Their ego dictates that they cannot be seen to be wrong or be seen as giving into them. It’s why, when you challenge them, they either tie themselves in knots or start playing the man rather than the ball.

I get really frustrated by it at times, because I want independence and I want the left to actually be left wing, rather than playing the victim constantly.

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

In my experience younger staff are the ones that are pushing to be in the  office more.  They've never had the whole office relationship banter thing and are still "learning" how the work environment functions.  I think they see the best way to achieve that is to be in the work environment.  I suspect they're also less likely to have adequate space to work from home.  The younger guys working for me have been in their respective offices a reasonable amount in the last few months.  the more experienced guys haven't been in at all.

Younger staff generally have less-favourable WFH conditions as well - flat shares, smaller properties etc. 

This time last week we were all reading screenshots of the soon to be delivered speech which obviously angered the First Minister, has anyone heard if some offical or other has had their jotters on account of this leak? 

And secondly whats the realistic expecations for this afternoon? 

I was already WFH 2 days a week before the pandemic. I'm now full time WFH and that suits me. I was commuting quite a distance between home and the office, which meant staying over near the office 3 nights a week. However during the pandemic we had our first child and I think that helped make the full time WFH an option for me.

I've been in my current role for about 9 years now and I have certain skills that make me fairly useful(!) in my workplace so they seem happy to accommodate me which is great.

I don't mind the idea of going back into the office at some point but I've reached a point where I think that'll most likely happen when I move on from my current workplace/role, whenever that will be.

Edited by NorthernLights

I think it’s very difficult to predict how things will pan out in terms of working culture. To coin a phrase “we just don’t know”. 

I think there will be some initial drift back to the office for many, and then that will dwindle and dwindle to the point that home working will remain the norm and office working the exception. 

Younger staff generally have less-favourable WFH conditions as well - flat shares, smaller properties etc. 

Aye for me it’s a mix of living in a smaller space with too many distractions and also working with a lot of people my age that I enjoy seeing on a regular basis.

Daily Cases Update:  3 Day lag to allow reporting to be accurate.  

Another 5% reduction reported in time for ScotGov. Huge reductions yesterday in the other home nations as they play catch up.

Total Cases Scotland 7 days 9th January to 15th January were  33,929 to 32,280 Down 4.86%, Positivity was 18.9% now 18.4%.  Cases per 100K were 620.7 now 590.6

Home Nations Weekly Cases  per 100K update  :  England  1273 to 1129 Down 11.31%, Wales 884 to 677  down 23.42%, Northern Ireland 1478 to 1247 Down 15.63%

Cases in Europe in terms of of numbers per 100K  France 2842 to 3147, Denmark 2200 to 2595, Ireland 2971 to 2497, Portugal 2127 to 2415, Switzerland 1975 to 2036, Italy 1839 to 2022,  countries over 2000 and still mostly rising.

Council progress in last week as follows.

Click cases by neighbourhood to see the spread on the geographical map. 
https://public.tableau.com/profile/phs.covid.19#!/vizhome/COVID-19DailyDashboard_15960160643010/Overview

Clackmannanshire  696 to 704

East Lothian  692 to 689

South Lanarkshire  722 to 676

Fife  700 to 674 

Falkirk 699 to 667

Glasgow City 696 to 654

Dundee City  668 to 646

Midlothian  653 to 626

City Of Edinburgh   651 to 618

Aberdeen City  624 to 601

Renfrewshire  615 to 599

North Lanarkshire  668 to 598  

West Dunbartonshire  635 to 595

Angus  619 to 583 

Perth & Kinross   594 to 576

East Ayrshire 624 to 574

Inverclyde  560 to 562 

East Renfrewshire 618 to 561

East Dunbartonshire   575 to 560

North Ayrshire 585 to 552

West Lothian 550 to 534

Dumfries & Galloway 570 to 534

Highlands   535 to 520

Aberdeenshire  510 to 510

Stirling   561 to 507

Moray  479 to 464  

South Ayrshire  479 to 454

Scottish  Borders 403 to 397

Argyll & Bute  396 to 389

Western Isles 370 to 382

Orkney Islands   233 to 192 

Shetland Islands  101 to 70.0

46 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Aye for me it’s a mix of living in a smaller space with too many distractions and also working with a lot of people my age that I enjoy seeing on a regular basis.

That's exactly my situation too. I'm working on a tiny wee desk in the corner of my bedroom, and I do actually like a lot of my colleagues and wouldn't mind occasionally being able to go for lunch or some post-work pints with them.

That's exactly my situation too. I'm working on a tiny wee desk in the corner of my bedroom, and I do actually like a lot of my colleagues and wouldn't mind occasionally being able to go for lunch or some post-work pints with them.

I’m in a 1 bed flat, looking for somewhere bigger. The only reason it’s worked for us is my partners out working all day.

I expect we’ll be encouraged to return to the office in the coming weeks, I’ll go back a couple of days a week I imagine, solely for a change of scenery.

Shat it from extending vaccine passports. What a surprise. Basically back to where we were before Boxing Day. Just get rid of the fucking pointless theatre. Hopefully this will indeed be the case come the spring/three weeks after the Big Bad Toriez.

Another minter for @Detournement who assured us it was happening. Reading the Scottish Government's political games and the reality of the improving situation we are in is a piece of piss. Well, not if you're a crackpot conspiracy theorist.